Walmart Springfield, Mo

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Just talked about this with a guy at work. People are stupid. While I understand the guys logic, that’s like trying to desensitize a dog to loud noises with fireworks.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    https://www.ky3.com/content/news/He...od-Market-in-south-Springfield-528602951.html

Open carry vs inciting fear where does one cross the line? The liberals are trying to take my guns, we don't need this guys help.

"Police say the man was recording himself walking through the store via a cell phone."

"Police say the man then made his way out an emergency exit where a former firefighter held the man at gunpoint."

I would say the line is drawn when your intention is to incite fear. People don't usually walk around filming people unless they feel the people are worth filming. That would suggest he geared up to cause a reaction in others rather than as a normal part of his day. And making his way out the emergency exit would help show his actions were other than what a reasonable person would consider normal. It suggests he was trying to get away rather than simply trying to exit the store.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    "Police say the man was recording himself walking through the store via a cell phone."

"Police say the man then made his way out an emergency exit where a former firefighter held the man at gunpoint."

I would say the line is drawn when your intention is to incite fear. People don't usually walk around filming people unless they feel the people are worth filming. That would suggest he geared up to cause a reaction in others rather than as a normal part of his day. And making his way out the emergency exit would help show his actions were other than what a reasonable person would consider normal. It suggests he was trying to get away rather than simply trying to exit the store.

I'd vote they heavily lay the law on this guy for inciting fear and whatever else they can find.

AZ2VET

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2017
    Ponchatoula, La.
    Yup. It looks like he did this to see what would happen and is now going to pay for it.
    But with all the shootings taking place how long will it be before average people start wearing body armor for personal protection on a daily basis. Heck, now you can buy a backpack for yourself or kid that has a panel in it to stop handgun rounds because of the school shootings.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

White devils advocate here... if you are dumb enough to think this behavior is a good idea, and the whole store is being evacuating, using the emergency exit probably seems reasonable.

Its my belief this knucklehead had intended to be one of those idiots who film themselves getting the police called on him, trying to make a point that guns are legal and it’s ‘muh rites’.

Now I think the guy is an absolute moron and shouldn’t have pulled such a crazy stunt but I don’t think fear was his motive. I think he was hoping to sho people it’s not the gun that you should be afraid of. Having said that I don't know the guy and haven’t attempted to find a YouTube channel which I sure he has. Nor do I endorse this sort of dangerous behavior.

Moondew

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    BR
    He really should have the book thrown at him for aggravated stupidity. If he had a ccw by a slim chance, it should be revoked.

Why after the past weekend is he trying to get his 15 minutes of fame

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    im kinda on both sides the fence here...

while I agree now is not the time or place to be doing this with current incidents, I also agree with the open carry law.. The law is the law, if we bend on allowing the law to tell us what we cant do within our rights or muzzle us on the law and over step there boundaries where does it stop...

For the first time in my life I work for a union and have for about 7 years now.. Can I tell you they got some political crap with them...lol.. But the main thing I have learned is my contract!!!! that's the only thing that saves me and my fellow coworkers from the company implementing changes and punishment on us that isn't worthy or justified just because of personal decisions/options ect...

some of the things I have learned that if you
    "EVER GIVE SOMETHING UP, YOU WILL NEVER EVER GET IT BACK"
    talking about contract agreements

"PAST PRACTICES"
    meaning if you do it once or allow them to do it once, without and issue or grievance filed. you don't have a leg to stand on for future contract violations because of allowing it before

again im not saying hes right in his timing or action, but we live in a free world(or supposed to be), If I wanna make a statement right now or do something to see what kinda reaction I would get,as long as I don't break the law, my rights as a citizen allow that... his wardrobe is legal, the only reason he exited the emergency exit was because the manager pulled the fire alarm, the only thing I see is if he sholdered that pistol with a brace....now if he was asked to leave and refused or something like that I would say he was in the wrong also

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    It’s all fun and games until someone gets injured in the stampede to exit the store. It might be “legal” but you would have to be a moron to think it’s ok. Why would anyone want to scare people in this day and age is baffling. Maybe your wife knows it’s legal and isn’t scared but I bet you would be nine kinds of pissed off if she was injured by the mass exodus caused by this wingnut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    As a person who understands laws, physics, ballistics, and time; the biggest part of this intersection of law and human perception is the reality that you cannot trust people in this world anymore. By that I mean, if this clown isn't just exercising his Right to walk around with a firearm, and decides to start shooting, anyone within yards of him are fatalities in seconds if he is just a reasonable marksman. Also, and you all know this, those projectiles will pass through several aisles of that store, possibly killing or injuring people that can't even see him or where the bullets are coming from.

Simply put, I don't know what another person's intentions are. Do I want everyone to be able to exercise their Constitutional Rights? Of course. But as I said before concerning the New Zealand shooter, by the time innocent bystanders knew what was going on, they would have been dead if he wanted to target them. Even with my own pistol with me, it is no match for an AR; and I am not even going to try unless I am cornered, and have absolutely no other choice.

It is not the law that is the problem, it is the unstable people that live in this country that are.

If you dress up in military style gear, and you have a chest rig on you, hanging an AR, while walking in public place; you are not responsibly exercising your Right. I would have to consider you a legitimate nutcase and threat.

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Ohh you right!!! My wife might have even shot him, you know that, she don’t play with her kiddos !!! LOL!!! I can tell you if I was in there I would have kept him in my sights till I made it out the door... and I wouldn’t have waited to check out either lol... I would have been gone...

It’s all fun and games until someone gets injured in the stampede to exit the store. It might be *legal* but you would have to be a moron to think it’s ok. Why would anyone want to scare people in this day and age is baffling. Maybe your wife knows it’s legal and isn’t scared but I bet you would be nine kinds of pissed off if she was injured by the mass exodus caused by this wingnut.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Ohh you right!!! My wife might have even shot him, you know that, she don’t play with her kiddos !!! LOL!!! I can tell you if I was in there I would have kept him in my sights till I made it out the door... and I wouldn’t have waited to check out either lol... I would have been gone...

Lol. True

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    If you dress up in military style gear, and you have a chest rig on you, hanging an AR, while walking in public place; you are not responsibly exercising your Right. I would have to consider you a legitimate nutcase and threat.

Exactly. There is a huge difference between carrying for self-protection and carrying for attention. The latter is what causes problems for everyone else.

If you are wearing a tucked in collared shirt, look well-kept, and have a pistol in a hip-holster, most people won't notice you or will assume you are a cop. Varying levels outside of that are solely for drawing attention to yourself which is just a terrible idea in every way possible.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Exactly. There is a huge difference between carrying for self-protection and carrying for attention. The latter is what causes problems for everyone else.

If you are wearing a tucked in collared shirt, look well-kept, and have a pistol in a hip-holster, most people won't notice you or will assume you are a cop. Varying levels outside of that are solely for drawing attention to yourself which is just a terrible idea in every way possible.

I will admit, that the modern rifles are by and at large, a superior effective weapon to send a lot of bullets in a short span of time. But, can't kid myself either by thinking that a guy with a 19-round Glock couldn't kill 19 people, all crowded together, in the time it takes to empty that magazine.

You just don't know anymore.

Too many people with too many psychological issues.

I think I would gladly trade legal "non-permitted open carry" for legal "non-permitted concealed carry." That would end a lot of confusion. It would be a lot easier to spot the nutcase/threat trying to hide an AK or AR in his pants.

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Oh I deff agree with that... even though that’s stereotyping and we are thought that is wrong. lmbo... but legally.... what law was broken.... if anything the manager pulled the fire alarm... did he not cause the riot. Just playing the devils advocate here lol... was he protecting his customers without a doubt!!! And if anything would have went wrong and turned into a active shooter he would have potentially saved 100’s of lives... but if he was just law abiding individual walking and somebody got hurt in the riot, wouldn’t it be the managers fault..

*He showed up in boots to the black tie affair* in the wrong get up!!! He better have some friends in low places lol. They getting there ducks in a row before the formally charge him with something. And I bet they got a high $ crew of assets telling them what charge is gonna stick, yup he’s in a bind

Last edited:

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    In today's society its all about perception. Like Austin said, present yourself as a decent/professional person that isn't trying to draw attention to yourself, and you rarely if ever have issues. I carry openly yet discretely with a IWB holster housing a Sub-Compact pistol, daily. I'm legally carrying under the law, but I'm still acting/dressing/otherwise presenting myself in a way that is non-threatening to others and most people don't even notice I'm carrying half the time. Even though it's easily seen if you look. If someone does notice, and asks the classic, "Whatcha carrying?", I give a simple, low key, direct answer in a polite fashion and change the subject away from my weapon. All in all, Don't let others perceive you as a threat of any kind, and you won't have any issues.

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    This is true!!!
    I will admit, that the modern rifles are by and at large, a superior effective weapon to send a lot of bullets in a short span of time. But, can't kid myself either by thinking that a guy with a 19-round Glock couldn't kill 19 people, all crowded together, in the time it takes to empty that magazine.

You just don't know anymore.

Too many people with too many psychological issues.

I think I would gladly trade legal "non-permitted open carry" for legal "non-permitted concealed carry." That would end a lot of confusion. It would be a lot easier to spot the nutcase/threat trying to hide an AK or AR in his pants.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I would have absolutely zero problems with a law that banned open carrying of rifles. Yes it's a rabbit hole, but it may actually add more good than bad.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom