What's your bedside / home defense gun?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Just the wife and me and 2 cats. We have motion activated cameras around the house and my carry gun goes in my nightstand drawer over night. We feel our neighborhood is fairly safe, but I still take precautions.

Raoul

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2019
    Greenwell Springs, LA
    The first gun I ever bought, an Ithaca 37 featherweight 12 gauge. About 35 years ago I found a open cylinder barrel and cut it to 21 inches. I keep a stainless Ruger service six handy or, sometimes the old IPSC 1911 45. My Wife has a Smith Bodyguard just a few years younger than her.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Bedside gun? Sleep is for the weak.

My hot pot of coffee will suffice.

hunt4570

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2013
    40 cal Glock with light on my side of the bed, SP 101 38/357 with a laser on the wife's side and a 12ga full of buckshot within reach. No vaults, no locks, no reason for them! Live way out in the country, 911 only brings in the clean up crews. Have ALWAYS had loaded unlocked guns in the house, even when the kids were little, taught them early what they were and what they could do, never had a problem.

apachegunw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2019
    Pineville LA.
    Mossberg 590A1 decked out with a laser, light and a 6 round side saddle with a bayonet in case I run out of shells in a gun fight :naughty: Very mean looking critter with some serious bite...........or an old Savage 311 double barrel with 16" barrels.........My pistols are all used for CCW.

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    ̶R̶e̶m̶i̶n̶g̶t̶o̶n̶ ̶T̶a̶c̶-̶1̶4̶

I threw all of my guns into the Gulf of Mexico after I realized all that I need is a phone, and 911 to keep me safe.

When life is in the balance and seconds count, isn’t it comforting to know that help is on the way in under an hour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    They can catch these hands bro!

images

Cledus1911

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 17, 2018
    Denham Springs, LA
    I keep an FNX-45 Tactical with an RMR, light, and SilencerCo Octane in the night stand. I have a 10.5 inch SBR with an MRO, light, and Dead Air Sandman S under the bed. My wife has her P365 with a light on her night stand.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I keep an FNX-45 Tactical with an RMR, light, and SilencerCo Octane in the night stand. I have a 10.5 inch SBR with an MRO, light, and Dead Air Sandman S under the bed. My wife has her P365 with a light on her night stand.

I would not want to get on my hands and knees in order to retrieve a firearm from under a bed.
    All of my firearms can be reached from a standing position while looking across the room.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I keep a Glock 42 sitting on my nightstand. I've got somewhere between 3,000 and 4,000 rounds through it, so my muscle memory is strong and I can use it reflexively.

It's the same gun that goes on my hip in the morning, so it doesn't get left on the nightstand when I'm out and about.

And yes, everything else is locked up in the safe.

Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom