What's your bedside / home defense gun?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cledus1911

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 17, 2018
    Denham Springs, LA
    I would not want to get on my hands and knees in order to retrieve a firearm from under a bed.
    All of my firearms can be reached from a standing position while looking across the room.

I have it set up this way because if someone is coming into my bed room I’m going to roll off the bed and get behind it so it is between me and the door to be used as cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GenEric

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2019
    Metairie
    Mossberg 500. I'm kinda scared of some guy stealing my AR while I'm out of the house and I don't mind losing my mossberg

Evil Zim

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Interesting discussion because I like the concept of the biometric safes, but reviews still all over the place

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    I’m not expecting it to, cover has more purpose than just protection. Maybe call it concealment instead of cover

No, actually cover by definition provides protection. Concealment provides obstruction from view. They are two distinctly different things. COver is not always concealement and concealment is not always also cover.

- - - Updated - - -

Mossberg 500. I'm kinda scared of some guy stealing my AR while I'm out of the house and I don't mind losing my mossberg

DO you think the Moss 500 or the AR would ultimately be better for home defense?

Cledus1911

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 17, 2018
    Denham Springs, LA
    No, actually cover by definition provides protection. Concealment provides obstruction from view. They are two distinctly different things. COver is not always concealement and concealment is not always also cover.

- - - Updated - - -

DO you think the Moss 500 or the AR would ultimately be better for home defense?

Is that not what I said?

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Glock and HK pistols loaded in several locations with plenty loaded magazines. One on my person unless sleeping or in the shower and have several available within reach then.

This ^^^ except I do not carry one with me at home...

Last edited:

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    or maybe my 10.5" sbr with the silencerco omega of course, cause that sucka would be loud in the house lol... :mamoru:

I have thought about setting mine up to be staged for home defense also. I can't imagine how loud 300 BO would be in a house without a suppressor and I would rather not find out either...

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    40 cal Glock with light on my side of the bed, SP 101 38/357 with a laser on the wife's side and a 12ga full of buckshot within reach. No vaults, no locks, no reason for them! Live way out in the country, 911 only brings in the clean up crews. Have ALWAYS had loaded unlocked guns in the house, even when the kids were little, taught them early what they were and what they could do, never had a problem.

This!

Boomer453

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2019
    Many, louisiana
    Biometric safe on my side with a ruger LCR and a Springfield 1911 A1.
    An old stoeger double barrel 12 in the closet.

With 3 dogs in the house, the odds of "sneaking" in unnoticed are about zerp

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I'm just not a fan of an AR for close in , home defense . Shotgun either for that matter . I'll stick with my 9mm handgun and Surefire light .

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    belle chasse
    Springfield XD45 with Osprey light on the night stand and 18" 12 gauge pump hidden in the bed rail. Wife has Taurus G2C hidden behind her nightstand.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    aHTsnp8.jpg

Im just kidding. I usually keep the p365 with a 12 rd mag close by as its my daily.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom