Anyone Starting to Stockpile Again?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Something is going to come down the pike...not sure what it is, but it cant be good. Ive started to stockpile high cap mags again in the 5.56 and 7.62 variety. I'm good in the pistol mag dept. Here we go again I'm afraid.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have about 100 Glock/HK magazines, several cases of 9mm Defensive Ammunition and even more Range Ammunition.

Noticed it was under Rifles after posting.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’m good, thanks.
    But yeah, prolly be looking for rising sales, rising prices, more threats to our freedoms, etc.
    Try to remember, although many treat stocking up on particular items as a seasonal venture, it’s always open season on 2A rights.

Last edited:

lilshaunsdad

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Lacombe
    Some people stopped? Just kidding. I've been working on putting a couple thousand rounds away

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I’ve bought more than my fair share during the Obama days, so even though things have gotten dirt cheap over the past 2 years, I haven’t been too tempted Bc I have plenty of everything. Really just need to make more time to use them

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I can load anything I may need. And have a,ton of lead. Really a,ton.
    Yes I have factory stuff too. The only thing I do not make is 7.62x39 and have a lot of it. And an AK I never fired.
    What I want is a largexstick pile if reasonable primers picked at say 25 to 28 a thou again. I want weapons more than ammo. Like a,IWI Tavor X 95 in 9mm and my 1934 Maurer barrel swapped.

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    Thanks for the reminder!
    I ordered some powder and primers I needed already. I bought ammo and weapons when Bill Clinton got elected!!

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I’m not stock piling anything. I don’t run and gun and I don’t compete. I practice enough pistol discipline to stay capable confident and I shoot enough long gun to kill any animal in North America.

If (big if) a day comes where my lifestyle has been outlawed, being a high speed operator isn’t even close to the most important skill set to keep me and my family safe. Things like land nav, foraging, hunting, fishing, processing wild game and fish, digging wells, surviving without modern technology, these things aren’t sexy but you will live longer with these skills then you will being the baddest slicked-out operator. Another point I’m no HVT so I’m pretty sure they won’t be sending SEAL team six for me and mine. Even if I have to defend myself from human aggression at some point in don’t hate my odds.

Now back to reality. If a ban of some sort goes into effect there will be a long drawn out process before ammo becomes scarce if everyone just stays calm and doesn’t try to scalp one another. Pistols aren’t likely to be on the chopping block any time soon. There is really no excuse for a run on pistol ammo. Really rifle ammo should be the same. I don’t think any fruitful discussions about ammo in general are going to take place. I worry about semi auto rifles and suppressors being banned, but I’m not stocking up on any of those.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’m not stock piling anything. I don’t run and gun and I don’t compete. I practice enough pistol discipline to stay capable confident and I shoot enough long gun to kill any animal in North America.

If (big if) a day comes where my lifestyle has been outlawed, being a high speed operator isn’t even close to the most important skill set to keep me and my family safe. Things like land nav, foraging, hunting, fishing, processing wild game and fish, digging wells, surviving without modern technology, these things aren’t sexy but you will live longer with these skills then you will being the baddest slicked-out operator. Another point I’m no HVT so I’m pretty sure they won’t be sending SEAL team six for me and mine. Even if I have to defend myself from human aggression at some point in don’t hate my odds.

Now back to reality. If a ban of some sort goes into effect there will be a long drawn out process before ammo becomes scarce if everyone just stays calm and doesn’t try to scalp one another. Pistols aren’t likely to be on the chopping block any time soon. There is really no excuse for a run on pistol ammo. Really rifle ammo should be the same. I don’t think any fruitful discussions about ammo in general are going to take place. I worry about semi auto rifles and suppressors being banned, but I’m not stocking up on any of those.
    Now back to reality:
    Not everyone here buys guns and ammo to be a slicked out operator or plan for the pocky lips... for a whole lot of us, it’s just a hobby/pastime. If I plan to be able to shoot a gun in 20 years I might wanna save up some ammo just in case.
    Best bet to surviving a collapse is to be able to raise your food. Having a place and the necessities to do so also come into play. Good luck with hunting. I won’t bother getting into why, but that food source won’t cut it for long at all.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Now back to reality:
    Not everyone here buys guns and ammo to be a slicked out operator or plan for the pocky lips... for a whole lot of us, it’s just a hobby/pastime. If I plan to be able to shoot a gun in 20 years I might wanna save up some ammo just in case.
    Best bet to surviving a collapse is to be able to raise your food. Having a place and the necessities to do so also come into play. Good luck with hunting. I won’t bother getting into why, but that food source won’t cut it for long at all.

An all out ban on ammo isn’t likely any time soon. If everyone just buys what they need and doesn’t panic we will all be able to maintain our ‘stock.’

Loss of wildlife is is a real threat, that’s why I believe you need need a host of survival skills that was the point of my post. I reject the notion that we will get to keep a stock pile of ammo years after it’s no longer available for consumer sales. Where will you use this ammo? Where would you keep it? I have no interest in a showdown over caches of ammo that I wouldn’t be able to use.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    An all out ban on ammo isn’t likely any time soon. If everyone just buys what they need and doesn’t panic we will all be able to maintain our ‘stock.’

Loss of wildlife is is a real threat, that’s why I believe you need need a host of survival skills that was the point of my post. I reject the notion that we will get to keep a stock pile of ammo years after it’s no longer available for consumer sales. Where will you use this ammo? Where would you keep it? I have no interest in a showdown over caches of ammo that I wouldn’t be able to use.
    It wouldn’t take an all out ammo ban to affect me enough to wanna stockpile. Simply what has already happened in the past is enough for me. Near immediate shortages (do you really expect people to not buy it if there’s another threat?), price gouging, and what if the fed decides to tax it into oblivion or make it hard to acquire via background checks and limits? So, if you don’t wanna store it, I’ll gladly take all you are too afraid to keep and use it as currency if I can’t shoot it. The wheres and hows of storage are no chore for me.
    Yes you will need skills to survive but they were just every day expectations not too many years ago, things that just didn’t get passed down at a certain point. When people found it easier to just run to the grocery and meet their needs, they no longer cared to know how to do for themselves. A person could learn all sorts of things but there’s no teacher like life experience, especially daily life.
    I believe that if things do go to hell, the way of life will be a combination of old ways and current and feeding ourselves won’t be the only major concern by a long shot.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    It wouldn’t take an all out ammo ban to affect me enough to wanna stockpile. Simply what has already happened in the past is enough for me. Near immediate shortages (do you really expect people to not buy it if there’s another threat?), price gouging, and what if the fed decides to tax it into oblivion or make it hard to acquire via background checks and limits? So, if you don’t wanna store it, I’ll gladly take all you are too afraid to keep and use it as currency if I can’t shoot it. The wheres and hows of storage are no chore for me.
    Yes you will need skills to survive but they were just every day expectations not too many years ago, things that just didn’t get passed down at a certain point. When people found it easier to just run to the grocery and meet their needs, they no longer cared to know how to do for themselves. A person could learn all sorts of things but there’s no teacher like life experience, especially daily life.
    I believe that if things do go to hell, the way of life will be a combination of old ways and current and feeding ourselves won’t be the only major concern by a long shot.

Garden like your life depends upon it?

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

So stock piling because others might start doing the same and then there’s a run on ammo. Surely you see how that’s a self fulfilling prophecy. I’m not gonna starts stockpiling 20-30 years of ammo before anyone even mentions an additional tax or ban or anything like that, because how do you decide when enough is enough? How would you get to enjoy shooting it if it’s banned? I’m pretty sure if 9mm reaches $4-5 around you won’t be shooting much either regardless what you paid for it. Recently you were concerned about the ATF or some other un-named agency having a list of every weapon we have purchased. If they know that, what’s the odds they come looking at you to collect your stock pile too? I’m not saying we give it all up I’m not saying don’t buy what you want to but if these little echo chambers get to going again the Winchester factory in North Mississippi won’t be able to crank out nearly enough 22lr to satisfy the masses.

Legislation in this country is quite slow by design. Look how long the ACA took. I’m certain I’m the months and years leading to a ban or major change in purchasing ability we will have some time to ‘stock up’. And if the community doesn’t lose their minds this time we will all be fine.

Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Having some to.last till things are available is ok.
    But ij get a kick out of guys who saw the Movie Red Dawn to many times.

NolaRick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2019
    NOLA
    Don't listen to what 45 says. Watch what he does. 45 said the same exact things after other MSEs and nothing happened regarding bans, etc. Certainly the Senate isn't going to pass anything resembling a ban on anything. And I fully expect 45 to get a second term, in which case more nothing is going to happen.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So stock piling because others might start doing the same and then there’s a run on ammo. Surely you see how that’s a self fulfilling prophecy. I’m not gonna starts stockpiling 20-30 years of ammo before anyone even mentions an additional tax or ban or anything like that, because how do you decide when enough is enough? How would you get to enjoy shooting it if it’s banned? I’m pretty sure if 9mm reaches $4-5 around you won’t be shooting much either regardless what you paid for it. Recently you were concerned about the ATF or some other un-named agency having a list of every weapon we have purchased. If they know that, what’s the odds they come looking at you to collect your stock pile too? I’m not saying we give it all up I’m not saying don’t buy what you want to but if these little echo chambers get to going again the Winchester factory in North Mississippi won’t be able to crank out nearly enough 22lr to satisfy the masses.

Legislation in this country is quite slow by design. Look how long the ACA took. I’m certain I’m the months and years leading to a ban or major change in purchasing ability we will have some time to ‘stock up’. And if the community doesn’t lose their minds this time we will all be fine.
    Lol, you getting enough air in that box?

apachegunw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2019
    Pineville LA.
    Personally, I think there will be a civil war if things get too pushy with gun control ideas. There's already a lot of talk about it. The government even went so far as to run simulation scenarios to see what the results would be...........it's not pretty but it seems the right would win the war fairly easily.

I started stock piling some in the Clinton admin.......but got pretty serious with it during Obama's time. I've got enough to last me quite awhile unless there were to be a wide spread civil war type thing break out.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom