Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrummer View Post
    What if we are told to destroy or turn it all in? What a waste of money. Are there any underground super secret ranges?
    Lol yeah I’ll just comply with that order.

not..

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    Now back to reality:
    Not everyone here buys guns and ammo to be a slicked out operator or plan for the pocky lips... for a whole lot of us, it’s just a hobby/pastime. If I plan to be able to shoot a gun in 20 years I might wanna save up some ammo just in case.
    Best bet to surviving a collapse is to be able to raise your food. Having a place and the necessities to do so also come into play. Good luck with hunting. I won’t bother getting into why, but that food source won’t cut it for long at all.
    An all out ban on ammo isn’t likely any time soon. If everyone just buys what they need and doesn’t panic we will all be able to maintain our ‘stock.’

Loss of wildlife is is a real threat, that’s why I believe you need need a host of survival skills that was the point of my post. I reject the notion that we will get to keep a stock pile of ammo years after it’s no longer available for consumer sales. Where will you use this ammo? Where would you keep it? I have no interest in a showdown over caches of ammo that I wouldn’t be able to use.

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    An all out ban on ammo isn’t likely any time soon. If everyone just buys what they need and doesn’t panic we will all be able to maintain our ‘stock.’

Loss of wildlife is is a real threat, that’s why I believe you need need a host of survival skills that was the point of my post. I reject the notion that we will get to keep a stock pile of ammo years after it’s no longer available for consumer sales. Where will you use this ammo? Where would you keep it? I have no interest in a showdown over caches of ammo that I wouldn’t be able to use.
    It wouldn’t take an all out ammo ban to affect me enough to wanna stockpile. Simply what has already happened in the past is enough for me. Near immediate shortages (do you really expect people to not buy it if there’s another threat?), price gouging, and what if the fed decides to tax it into oblivion or make it hard to acquire via background checks and limits? So, if you don’t wanna store it, I’ll gladly take all you are too afraid to keep and use it as currency if I can’t shoot it. The wheres and hows of storage are no chore for me.
    Yes you will need skills to survive but they were just every day expectations not too many years ago, things that just didn’t get passed down at a certain point. When people found it easier to just run to the grocery and meet their needs, they no longer cared to know how to do for themselves. A person could learn all sorts of things but there’s no teacher like life experience, especially daily life.
    I believe that if things do go to hell, the way of life will be a combination of old ways and current and feeding ourselves won’t be the only major concern by a long shot.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it
    Bangswitch

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

It wouldn’t take an all out ammo ban to affect me enough to wanna stockpile. Simply what has already happened in the past is enough for me. Near immediate shortages (do you really expect people to not buy it if there’s another threat?), price gouging, and what if the fed decides to tax it into oblivion or make it hard to acquire via background checks and limits? So, if you don’t wanna store it, I’ll gladly take all you are too afraid to keep and use it as currency if I can’t shoot it. The wheres and hows of storage are no chore for me.
    Yes you will need skills to survive but they were just every day expectations not too many years ago, things that just didn’t get passed down at a certain point. When people found it easier to just run to the grocery and meet their needs, they no longer cared to know how to do for themselves. A person could learn all sorts of things but there’s no teacher like life experience, especially daily life.
    I believe that if things do go to hell, the way of life will be a combination of old ways and current and feeding ourselves won’t be the only major concern by a long shot.
    Garden like your life depends upon it?
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

So stock piling because others might start doing the same and then there’s a run on ammo. Surely you see how that’s a self fulfilling prophecy. I’m not gonna starts stockpiling 20-30 years of ammo before anyone even mentions an additional tax or ban or anything like that, because how do you decide when enough is enough? How would you get to enjoy shooting it if it’s banned? I’m pretty sure if 9mm reaches $4-5 around you won’t be shooting much either regardless what you paid for it. Recently you were concerned about the ATF or some other un-named agency having a list of every weapon we have purchased. If they know that, what’s the odds they come looking at you to collect your stock pile too? I’m not saying we give it all up I’m not saying don’t buy what you want to but if these little echo chambers get to going again the Winchester factory in North Mississippi won’t be able to crank out nearly enough 22lr to satisfy the masses.

Legislation in this country is quite slow by design. Look how long the ACA took. I’m certain I’m the months and years leading to a ban or major change in purchasing ability we will have some time to ‘stock up’. And if the community doesn’t lose their minds this time we will all be fine.
    Last edited by Bangswitch; August 13th, 2019 at 07:43 AM.

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Having some to.last till things are available is ok.
    But ij get a kick out of guys who saw the Movie Red Dawn to many times.

User Info Menu

Don't listen to what 45 says. Watch what he does. 45 said the same exact things after other MSEs and nothing happened regarding bans, etc. Certainly the Senate isn't going to pass anything resembling a ban on anything. And I fully expect 45 to get a second term, in which case more nothing is going to happen.

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    So stock piling because others might start doing the same and then there’s a run on ammo. Surely you see how that’s a self fulfilling prophecy. I’m not gonna starts stockpiling 20-30 years of ammo before anyone even mentions an additional tax or ban or anything like that, because how do you decide when enough is enough? How would you get to enjoy shooting it if it’s banned? I’m pretty sure if 9mm reaches $4-5 around you won’t be shooting much either regardless what you paid for it. Recently you were concerned about the ATF or some other un-named agency having a list of every weapon we have purchased. If they know that, what’s the odds they come looking at you to collect your stock pile too? I’m not saying we give it all up I’m not saying don’t buy what you want to but if these little echo chambers get to going again the Winchester factory in North Mississippi won’t be able to crank out nearly enough 22lr to satisfy the masses.

Legislation in this country is quite slow by design. Look how long the ACA took. I’m certain I’m the months and years leading to a ban or major change in purchasing ability we will have some time to ‘stock up’. And if the community doesn’t lose their minds this time we will all be fine.
    Lol, you getting enough air in that box?
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it
    Bangswitch

Marksman

User Info Menu

Lol, you getting enough air in that box?
    I may be a little slow but what box?

User Info Menu

Personally, I think there will be a civil war if things get too pushy with gun control ideas. There's already a lot of talk about it. The government even went so far as to run simulation scenarios to see what the results would be...........it's not pretty but it seems the right would win the war fairly easily.

I started stock piling some in the Clinton admin.......but got pretty serious with it during Obama's time. I've got enough to last me quite awhile unless there were to be a wide spread civil war type thing break out.