Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Anyone Starting to Stockpile Again?

Something is going to come down the pike...not sure what it is, but it cant be good. Ive started to stockpile high cap mags again in the 5.56 and 7.62 variety. I'm good in the pistol mag dept. Here we go again I'm afraid.
    Last edited by local2fed; August 10th, 2019 at 05:31 PM.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I have about 100 Glock/HK magazines, several cases of 9mm Defensive Ammunition and even more Range Ammunition.

Noticed it was under Rifles after posting.
    Last edited by JBP55; August 10th, 2019 at 05:29 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

What if we are told to destroy or turn it all in? What a waste of money. Are there any underground super secret ranges?
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Iím good, thanks.
    But yeah, prolly be looking for rising sales, rising prices, more threats to our freedoms, etc.
    Try to remember, although many treat stocking up on particular items as a seasonal venture, itís always open season on 2A rights.
    Last edited by Magdump; August 10th, 2019 at 09:14 PM.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct itóóó
    Bangswitch

Marksman

User Info Menu

Some people stopped? Just kidding. I've been working on putting a couple thousand rounds away
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

enthusiast

User Info Menu

I’ve bought more than my fair share during the Obama days, so even though things have gotten dirt cheap over the past 2 years, I haven’t been too tempted Bc I have plenty of everything. Really just need to make more time to use them
    Stephen

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

I can load anything I may need. And have a,ton of lead. Really a,ton.
    Yes I have factory stuff too. The only thing I do not make is 7.62x39 and have a lot of it. And an AK I never fired.
    What I want is a largexstick pile if reasonable primers picked at say 25 to 28 a thou again. I want weapons more than ammo. Like a,IWI Tavor X 95 in 9mm and my 1934 Maurer barrel swapped.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thanks for the reminder!��
    I ordered some powder and primers I needed already. I bought ammo and weapons when Bill Clinton got elected!!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Iím not stock piling anything. I donít run and gun and I donít compete. I practice enough pistol discipline to stay capable confident and I shoot enough long gun to kill any animal in North America.

If (big if) a day comes where my lifestyle has been outlawed, being a high speed operator isnít even close to the most important skill set to keep me and my family safe. Things like land nav, foraging, hunting, fishing, processing wild game and fish, digging wells, surviving without modern technology, these things arenít sexy but you will live longer with these skills then you will being the baddest slicked-out operator. Another point Iím no HVT so Iím pretty sure they wonít be sending SEAL team six for me and mine. Even if I have to defend myself from human aggression at some point in donít hate my odds.

Now back to reality. If a ban of some sort goes into effect there will be a long drawn out process before ammo becomes scarce if everyone just stays calm and doesnít try to scalp one another. Pistols arenít likely to be on the chopping block any time soon. There is really no excuse for a run on pistol ammo. Really rifle ammo should be the same. I donít think any fruitful discussions about ammo in general are going to take place. I worry about semi auto rifles and suppressors being banned, but Iím not stocking up on any of those.

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    I’m not stock piling anything. I don’t run and gun and I don’t compete. I practice enough pistol discipline to stay capable confident and I shoot enough long gun to kill any animal in North America.

If (big if) a day comes where my lifestyle has been outlawed, being a high speed operator isn’t even close to the most important skill set to keep me and my family safe. Things like land nav, foraging, hunting, fishing, processing wild game and fish, digging wells, surviving without modern technology, these things aren’t sexy but you will live longer with these skills then you will being the baddest slicked-out operator. Another point I’m no HVT so I’m pretty sure they won’t be sending SEAL team six for me and mine. Even if I have to defend myself from human aggression at some point in don’t hate my odds.

Now back to reality. If a ban of some sort goes into effect there will be a long drawn out process before ammo becomes scarce if everyone just stays calm and doesn’t try to scalp one another. Pistols aren’t likely to be on the chopping block any time soon. There is really no excuse for a run on pistol ammo. Really rifle ammo should be the same. I don’t think any fruitful discussions about ammo in general are going to take place. I worry about semi auto rifles and suppressors being banned, but I’m not stocking up on any of those.
    Now back to reality:
    Not everyone here buys guns and ammo to be a slicked out operator or plan for the pocky lips... for a whole lot of us, it’s just a hobby/pastime. If I plan to be able to shoot a gun in 20 years I might wanna save up some ammo just in case.
    Best bet to surviving a collapse is to be able to raise your food. Having a place and the necessities to do so also come into play. Good luck with hunting. I won’t bother getting into why, but that food source won’t cut it for long at all.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct itóóó
    Bangswitch