Question for the video guys

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    My parents bought a smart tv finally. It's a Sony Bravia.

I went to their house last weekend and they wanted me to hook up the dvd player. No problem... no hdmi but it has component outputs. I dig through a mess of cables and find some decent RCA cables. Back of the tv sound plugs in fine but the video rca will only go in half way. I tried a few different cables, same problem. hit play, sound comes through but no video. Have they redesigned the cables or something? Or is their tv defective?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    babc76c338f0f5282e6d3efe9761f8b6.jpg

I’m sure you already know this but those plugs pictured won’t accept RCA type(red,yellow,white). If you have the right colors matched then it’s either the tv or the cables. I’d vote for the cables. There have been no changes, colors still match up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    so both vhs and the dvd player have composite outs. The TV has composite in- not rgb. Red/white/ yellow. Its just that the yellow doesn't go in all the way. It stops half way. I didn't want to force it. BTW, I have a sony brevia that is a few years older than theirs (maybe 3 years old vs their 6 month old). Mine works fine with composite.

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    Assuming the pic you posted is an exact replica of the new TV then the red circled jack does double duty as a plain composite video and green cable for the component video connection. See pic.

7ed86f825412b68622f1807590dccc8c.jpg

*** sorry, just noticed motor posted that pic. If you have a jack that does double duty and it’s still not working try grabbing a newer / better set of cables?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I tried 3 different cables. And I tested them using sound, no problem. None seat. the plug on the tv is yellow (composite video), and is marked video in, but none of the cables will go all the way in.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom