A Few Hunting Questions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2019
    Farmerville, LA
    Hello All,

Well as of last Frifay it is official I will be moving to the Monroe area. I've been reading the regs but have a few questions. When i purchase a license, I plan on getting the sportsman paradise license, do they give me tags right then with the license? Do I have to tell G&F what areas I plan to hunt at the time of purchase? How is the dove hunting in Lousiana? Sorry if these are dumb questions but the lottery system in Arizona is what I'm used to. Be nice to have alot more hunting opportunities. Thanks in advance for the info!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    As far as tags, assuming you’re talking about deer hunting, there are no tags for resident hunters. Just follow the regulations for your area. Pay attention to the season dates, there are some splits and separate seasons.

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    Welcome to the area 5054. Here is a link that you can go to and download this years hunting rules and regs. Part of the area up here is split into 2 different hunting seasons making the dates a little different for deer hunting. Wildlife preserves are different also if you hunt them and all information is in the download.

And Magdump, no disrespect but tags for deer hunting have been in use since at least 2013 when I moved back up here and started hunting again. Plus you have to report your kill online or by phone within 72 hours of the kill.

Link to download the manual is at the bottom along with the fishings also.

http://www.eregulations.com/louisiana/hunting/

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    As far as tags, assuming you’re talking about deer hunting, there are no tags for resident hunters. Just follow the regulations for your area. Pay attention to the season dates, there are some splits and separate seasons.

Sorry Magdump but you are incorrect on this one. The Sportsman license comes with the deer tags [6] and [2] turkey tags and everything else that you need to hunt or fish anything but migratory birds in Louisiana. Migratory birds you also need to get duck stamps.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Do the math. Depending on your age, it might pay to get a lifetime license.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Sorry Magdump but you are incorrect on this one. The Sportsman license comes with the deer tags [6] and [2] turkey tags and everything else that you need to hunt or fish anything but migratory birds in Louisiana. Migratory birds you also need to get duck stamps.

Unless of course you hunt Area 4 then you only get 3 deer tags.

Top Bottom