Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

User Info Menu

A Few Hunting Questions

Hello All,

Well as of last Frifay it is official I will be moving to the Monroe area. I've been reading the regs but have a few questions. When i purchase a license, I plan on getting the sportsman paradise license, do they give me tags right then with the license? Do I have to tell G&F what areas I plan to hunt at the time of purchase? How is the dove hunting in Lousiana? Sorry if these are dumb questions but the lottery system in Arizona is what I'm used to. Be nice to have alot more hunting opportunities. Thanks in advance for the info!

All or nothing

User Info Menu

As far as tags, assuming you’re talking about deer hunting, there are no tags for resident hunters. Just follow the regulations for your area. Pay attention to the season dates, there are some splits and separate seasons.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it———
    Bangswitch

constitutionalist

User Info Menu

Welcome to the area 5054. Here is a link that you can go to and download this years hunting rules and regs. Part of the area up here is split into 2 different hunting seasons making the dates a little different for deer hunting. Wildlife preserves are different also if you hunt them and all information is in the download.

And Magdump, no disrespect but tags for deer hunting have been in use since at least 2013 when I moved back up here and started hunting again. Plus you have to report your kill online or by phone within 72 hours of the kill.

Link to download the manual is at the bottom along with the fishings also.

http://www.eregulations.com/louisiana/hunting/
    "No man shall never be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"--Thomas Jefferson, June 1776.

sportsman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    As far as tags, assuming you’re talking about deer hunting, there are no tags for resident hunters. Just follow the regulations for your area. Pay attention to the season dates, there are some splits and separate seasons.
    Sorry Magdump but you are incorrect on this one. The Sportsman license comes with the deer tags [6] and [2] turkey tags and everything else that you need to hunt or fish anything but migratory birds in Louisiana. Migratory birds you also need to get duck stamps.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Do the math. Depending on your age, it might pay to get a lifetime license.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Diamond View Post
    Sorry Magdump but you are incorrect on this one. The Sportsman license comes with the deer tags [6] and [2] turkey tags and everything else that you need to hunt or fish anything but migratory birds in Louisiana. Migratory birds you also need to get duck stamps.
    Unless of course you hunt Area 4 then you only get 3 deer tags.