Fusilier Complex Members: IMPORTANT: Please Read

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    All members of The Fusilier Complex, please be aware that the Annual Meeting is Friday, Sept 6 at the Evangeline Shriners Club at 328 Guilbeau Road, Lafayette, La.
    *so what’s so important about THIS year’s annual meeting? Well, every 5 years, elections are held for the officers that run this facility. The elections are this year! *
    More importantly, this is the first time in over 20 years that current Board Members/officers running the club actually have another member competing for their positions in an election (President, VP, Secretary, & Treasurer)....and they’re wanting to make some positive changes.

If you’d like to help in making positive changes in YOUR shooting range, I ask that you make the meeting on Sept 6.
    If anyone has questions, feel free to DM me.

Thanks

Last edited:

cb8180

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    I'm excited to hear this. We have needed a "long range" range in Acadiana for a long time.

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    I'm excited to hear this. We have needed a "long range" range in Acadiana for a long time.

If that's what the members want, then yes, the Fusilier Complex should build it. They've done surveys on interest, and a high percent of members being interested has already been confirmed.
    They should also do what they said they would do, and seek input from members that want be involved in its design and development(those that have experience in shooting different disciplines of shooting long range)....and then propose that to the membership. That's unfortunately not how they operate.
    But I'm very confident that the folks challenging the current Board at the election that's being held on the 6th WILL actually do that....

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    If that's what the members want, then yes, the Fusilier Complex should build it. They've done surveys on interest, and a high percent of members being interested has already been confirmed.
    They should also do what they said they would do, and seek input from members that want be involved in its design and development(those that have experience in shooting different disciplines of shooting long range)....and then propose that to the membership. That's unfortunately not how they operate.
    But I'm very confident that the folks challenging the current Board at the election that's being held on the 6th WILL actually do that....

What??? Iv'e been hearing at least since 2007...We gonna put in a 1000yd range !!! and its still not happening from my understanding?

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    What??? Iv'e been hearing at least since 2007...We gonna put in a 1000yd range !!! and its still not happening from my understanding?

Don't know what distance it will be. It would seem the existing Board, actually the 2 that make the calls,(Pres and VP) have been dead set that IF one would be built,(which they've fought against building for years...but it's an election year, so better play like you're appeasing the members that want one..) that it would not go beyond 600. They have no factual data to state why not more than 600...they just don't want it, and that's, that.
    The fellows that are running against them DO shoot long range, and they will design the range according to what the membership would like. (As long as it meets safety parameters, etc). If that's 600, 800, or 1K... it'll be what the membership would like to see...not what two individuals deem it to be...

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Don't know what distance it will be. It would seem the existing Board, actually the 2 that make the calls,(Pres and VP) have been dead set that IF one would be built,(which they've fought against building for years...but it's an election year, so better play like you're appeasing the members that want one..) that it would not go beyond 600. They have no factual data to state why not more than 600...they just don't want it, and that's, that.
    The fellows that are running against them DO shoot long range, and they will design the range according to what the membership would like. (As long as it meets safety parameters, etc). If that's 600, 800, or 1K... it'll be what the membership would like to see...not what two individuals deem it to be...

Never heard that story before,It's always been...We are saving the money to buy the land type of deal, I would love to see a 1K range close to the house...However I'm not holding my breath on these guys!

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Never heard that story before,It's always been...We are saving the money to buy the land type of deal, I would love to see a 1K range close to the house...However I'm not holding my breath on these guys!

The owned land has always been there. Fusilier Complex owns 640 acres...one square mile.
    Getting the right people in charge would do wonders to provide an unmet need to the shooting community...that has historically been THE issue..

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    The owned land has always been there. Fusilier Complex owns 640 acres...one square mile.
    Getting the right people in charge would do wonders to provide an unmet need to the shooting community...that has historically been THE issue..

Yeah,My neighbors family owns the land that the road to the place is on,Richards

First I hear of 1 square mile + 640 acres, So it takes years to build a berm? I would have liked to join but after hearing for years....But But we are negotiating with the farmer to buy the land so we can build a 1000K range??? Someone out their is full of S**t !

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Yeah,My neighbors family owns the land that the road to the place is on,Richards

First I hear of 1 square mile + 640 acres, So it takes years to build a berm? I would have liked to join but after hearing for years....But But we are negotiating with the farmer to buy the land so we can build a 1000K range??? Someone out their is full of S**t !

Maybe you’re not hearing what I’m saying. If the leadership at the time doesn’t want it, it won’t happen. This thread was originally posted to let members know that there will be an opportunity to change the leadership on the 6th. I’m sorry that people were saying *facts*
    that were not factually correct to you. We are all quite frustrated with these answers and run arounds for years. But again, now is the best chance to make a change to get one built, and built the way the membership would like it built.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Maybe you’re not hearing what I’m saying. If the leadership at the time doesn’t want it, it won’t happen. This thread was originally posted to let members know that there will be an opportunity to change the leadership on the 6th. I’m sorry that people were saying *facts*
    that were not factually correct to you. We are all quite frustrated with these answers and run arounds for years. But again, now is the best chance to make a change to get one built, and built the way the membership would like it built.

Build it and we will come.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom