Louisianians believe in climate change (global warming)?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Interesting isn’t it those first in line to impose their ‘morality’ on others are usually at the end of the line to sign up to physically make it happen.

Many are of the biggest of hypocrites!

If someone is going to wag their finger at me, they damned sure better have scar tissue on their knees or their anuses to prove they actually took one for the cause. ;)

SemperTy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2014
    Slidell
    Global warming is undeniable. This warming trend should continue through the next couple months in the northern hemisphere. Then the southern part of the globe will start to warm, and will continue to do so until the cooling begins. Hows that for the 12 month weather forecast?

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Attachments

• summer.jpg
      summer.jpg
      61.7 KB · Views: 86

apachegunw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2019
    Pineville LA.
    I've seen too many mathematicians (prove to me anyway) show man made climate change is false when taking all known reliable temps into account and averaging them out. Average mean temps over the last 200+ years has only varied around 2 degrees and we're currently in a cool spell using those averages.

But natural climate change is undeniable.

The average state of the earth over billions of years is an ice ball. Our little patch of "global warming" is a welcome fluke.

Abby Normal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    The late Great Radio Gawd John Walton said "if you burn your toast, do you blame the bread or the toaster."

And the Science is settled on global warming... But there are more that 2 sexes???? Wasn't that Science already Settled?

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA

That dude is full of it. Why would they put anything on the property contracts? They are not going to shoot themselves in the foot. Investments are not guaranteed and the people selling the property cannot be liable for acts of god which include weather events/climate change. Although from what I have read some of the selling points for property in FL is that they have great drainage systems and have built up their sites so they are not at sea level.

I really hope in my heart of hearts that this is all cyclical but I think that the changes that are being asked for overall are things that would be beneficial for the environment climate change or not. You also can't argue that the ice at the poles is diminishing year to year and not being replenished as it should be during the winter because it is not getting as cold as it should be.

It could be that what we are doing as a species is warming the planet and is not just a product of CO2 being released into the atmosphere but we are making changes and I don't think they are for the betterment of the planet.

Abby Normal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Back in the late 80s/early 90s there was a PBS show with one of the scientists that was pushing global warming, I don't remember his name. He studied a "dormant volcano" in Africa that wasn't so dormant. He measured the gas coming from some of the vent of the volcano & found that this dormant volcano was emitting as much CO2 as the whole US! The scientists said that volcanos Were Not included in the co2 models of global warming...
    So if 1 volcano in Africa produced as much co2 as all of the United States WtHell was my not so little a$$ going to be able do to change the amount of co2 in the air. Go look up all the "active volcanos" around the world, then figure that is Only 30% , there is 70% Under Water! And that makes sense since 70% of the earths surface is covered by water. So you don't have a shot in hell of changing any of the co2 problem.
    Of course PBS never reran that program & I don't remember his name. And Yes, I looked for it.
    Now do you want to hear the BS about Freon?

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Back in the late 80s/early 90s there was a PBS show with one of the scientists that was pushing global warming, I don't remember his name. He studied a "dormant volcano" in Africa that wasn't so dormant. He measured the gas coming from some of the vent of the volcano & found that this dormant volcano was emitting as much CO2 as the whole US! The scientists said that volcanos Were Not included in the co2 models of global warming...
    So if 1 volcano in Africa produced as much co2 as all of the United States WtHell was my not so little a$$ going to be able do to change the amount of co2 in the air. Go look up all the "active volcanos" around the world, then figure that is Only 30% , there is 70% Under Water! And that makes sense since 70% of the earths surface is covered by water. So you don't have a shot in hell of changing any of the co2 problem.
    Of course PBS never reran that program & I don't remember his name. And Yes, I looked for it.
    Now do you want to hear the BS about Freon?

Stop using facts to make your point. You’ll only confuse things.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Someone recently released a photo of an old coastal fort in Europe from the 1800's. There was a current photo of the same fort. The water level hadn't changed an inch...

My thought is that temps change on cyclical basis. We're in a warming trend right now it seems. We could run every SUV 24/7 and not make a bit of difference.
    That being said I like our woods. Environmental changes for the sake of reducing pollution is a good thing, to an extent. The environmentalist go crazy. OTOH, we are dumping too much plastic in the water and need to clean that up. Disposable water bottles are a blight (not that I don't use them too). Something more biodegradable would be a good idea, or better go back to recycling glass bottles...
    But improving the US doesn't really matter if Asia is releasing 10x the pollution (not to mention radioactives!) into the oceans.

hoggin357

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Iowa,La.
    The problem is that countries like China and India are not
    going to make the changes needed so we are screwed.

Exactly.China puts out more carbon in one day than usa puts out in almost a year.
    So yea,,no stopping that.But when it gets to be 124 degrees outside and 2-300
    people die per day,then ,yes,id call that catastrophic lol.

Every year the temp has gone up 3-5 degrees ,so we wont have to wait too
    many more years to see 124.

dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA
    The climate changes all the time. There's no correlation between human activity and climate change. None. Can't be. Hell, next we're going to have to stop using cell phones because they're causing magnetic pole wandering and if not stopped they'll lead to a reversal. The north pole will become the south pole. I have to go for my blood letting and leach application now. Gonna run.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Exactly.China puts out more carbon in one day than usa puts out in almost a year.
    So yea,,no stopping that.But when it gets to be 124 degrees outside and 2-300
    people die per day,then ,yes,id call that catastrophic lol.

Every year the temp has gone up 3-5 degrees ,so we wont have to wait too
    many more years to see 124.

Where are you getting your info from? It’s my understanding the haven’t seen an annual average temp increase more than a couple tenths of a degree in 100 years. I can’t sight my source either right now but your numbers just seem a bit off.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom