Louisianians believe in climate change (global warming)?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abby Normal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    "The survey did not ask respondents whether they thought humans were the cause of climate change, but the results are in line with other recent polls."
    In surveys if you ask the right way you can come to any conclusion you want before you even start.
    I think the climate is changing too but I blame the Big Orange Ball in the sky, not my F-150.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I think there are so many shades of gray in this, that simplistic polls are largely useless. I personally think man made climate change is a real thing. It is obvious that we cause changes to the climate via burning things. There would be less things burning if we weren’t on the face of the earth. That said, I think our impact on climate change is grossly exaggerated(especially when “our” refers to Americans, not the entire human population). In my opinion three things are true, the first is that man made climate change is real. The second is that it’s impact on overall climate change is small. The third is that American impact on climate change is minuscule.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    "The survey did not ask respondents whether they thought humans were the cause of climate change, but the results are in line with other recent polls."
    In surveys if you ask the right way you can come to any conclusion you want before you even start.
    I think the climate is changing too but I blame the Big Orange Ball in the sky, not my F-150.

2x for me

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I think there are so many shades of gray in this, that simplistic polls are largely useless. I personally think man made climate change is a real thing. It is obvious that we cause changes to the climate via burning things. There would be less things burning if we weren’t on the face of the earth. That said, I think our impact on climate change is grossly exaggerated(especially when *our* refers to Americans, not the entire human population). In my opinion three things are true, the first is that man made climate change is real. The second is that it’s impact on overall climate change is small. The third is that American impact on climate change is minuscule.

I think man makes Landscape/seascape changes and ecosystem changes, and sometimes those small (relative to the planet) changes manifest in changes might show anecdotal evidence of a significant change in the climate. I don’t believe we are causing any significant warming or cooling from CO2 that will manifest in a catastrophic event. I don’t believe we should concern ourselves with Our tail pipes or cow farts, but I do believe we should do what we can to preserve the wildlife and sea life, and we made great strides in the 19th-20th centuries. Our attention should be focused on conserving those animals and the ecosystems they inhabit and quit pretending that we could cause our polar icecaps to melt into the sea.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    One of mine....lol

Attachments

• done caught.jpg
      done caught.jpg
      138.2 KB · Views: 122

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I think man makes Landscape/seascape changes and ecosystem changes, and sometimes those small (relative to the planet) changes manifest in changes might show anecdotal evidence of a significant change in the climate. I don’t believe we are causing any significant warming or cooling from CO2 that will manifest in a catastrophic event. I don’t believe we should concern ourselves with Our tail pipes or cow farts, but I do believe we should do what we can to preserve the wildlife and sea life, and we made great strides in the 19th-20th centuries. Our attention should be focused on conserving those animals and the ecosystems they inhabit and quit pretending that we could cause our polar icecaps to melt into the sea.

Pretty much where I’m at, aside from very localized climate changes. It is indisputable that man has caused massive changes to the climate of small areas, especially small urban areas. Phoenix being a perfect example of this.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Climate change will not be one catastrophic event like in the movies. Think of the analogy as more of the frog in the boiling water. We keep increasing the heat slowly with minimal changes until such time as the water is boiling and then it is too late for the frog. Climate chagne will happen gradually and keep going until it gets to the point of no return and then it will be too late to do anything.

The science is out there and need to start making changes before we reach the tipping point and there is no going back. Besides fuel economy helps everyone especially the pocket book. Not really a huge electric car guy because I feel that unless you are chrging strictly with renewable energy you are just shifting the carbon creation from your tail pipe to the generators the power company uses and I don't know if anyone has done a good study on if it is actually reducing the carbon footprint at all. Plus you create excessive waste with all the chemicals in the batteries.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    The thing is, it’s pretty much a universal truth that the wealth of a population directly correlates to the level of concern with the environment. America has become much more *green* in the last two decades because of our financial ability to do so and innovations stemming from demand. The thing that will change our global impact on the environment more than anything else by far is the development of the rest of the world. The United States, specifically our development of low cost technologies, is the solution not the problem.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Pretty much where I’m at, aside from very localized climate changes. It is indisputable that man has caused massive changes to the climate of small areas, especially small urban areas. Phoenix being a perfect example of this.

Yes Phenix and Atlanta are hotter than the neighboring suburbs and rural areas because of all the asphalt and concrete but that’s not really the climate that’s landscape changes that happen to reflect and retain more heat. If you set the landscape back to grasses and trees it would immediately return to the baseline.

I suppose that is a change in local climates but it’s hard for me to think of it in those terms because the term climate change (used to be global warming) is meant to evoke a concern of irreversible harm to the environment.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    That’s why I say, that climate change is a real thing and something worth being concerned about, but the doomsday cult of climate change is just a doomsday cult of virtue signaling idiots. We’ve been 10-15 years from hitting a tipping point of irreversible change for 20 years. The whole thing is no different than the cult leaders who say the rapture is coming on ____ date, but when that day passes they simply say their abacus was malfunctioning and it’s actually in 2 years.

Last edited:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    The problem is that countries like China and India are not going to make the changes needed so we are screwed.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Climate change will not be one catastrophic event like in the movies. Think of the analogy as more of the frog in the boiling water. We keep increasing the heat slowly with minimal changes until such time as the water is boiling and then it is too late for the frog. Climate chagne will happen gradually and keep going until it gets to the point of no return and then it will be too late to do anything.

The science is out there and need to start making changes before we reach the tipping point and there is no going back. Besides fuel economy helps everyone especially the pocket book. Not really a huge electric car guy because I feel that unless you are chrging strictly with renewable energy you are just shifting the carbon creation from your tail pipe to the generators the power company uses and I don't know if anyone has done a good study on if it is actually reducing the carbon footprint at all. Plus you create excessive waste with all the chemicals in the batteries.

They also thought they understood radio carbon dating, but without properly calibrating it with DNA and other indicators it is wildly inaccurate. Beringia is a real place it’s under water right now, and there is no way to blame that on man.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    That’s why I say, that climate change is a real thing and something worth being concerned about, but the doomsday cult of climate change is just a doomsday cult of virtue signaling idiots. We’ve been 10-15 years from hitting a tipping point of irreversible change for 20 years. The whole thing is no different than the cult leaders who say the rapture is coming on ____ date, but when that day passes they simply say their abacus was malfunctioning and it’s actually in 2 years.

1974 Time magazine proclaimed we were headed for an ice age. Far as long as people could form sentences we have been predicting the end days. And we are no better equipped to provide that information today than we were when the Woolly Mammoths roamed the earth.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    The problem is that countries like China and India are not going to make the changes needed so we are screwed.

I don’t disagree that the Chinese and Indians are horrible polluters, and there’s such a quantity of them that it’s overwhelming, the ecology surrounding them, but I am more likely to believe the 3 Gorges Dam has effected the earths rotation than I am to believe CO2 is warming the planet.

Troedoff

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Prairieville

+1

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River

And the batteries. Imagine making enough batteries for the entire population. Their not environmentally friendly either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If the Earth is 4.5 billion years old and it's only had living organisms in the last few hundred million years, than there may be a start and a finish to the time of life here. When you are talking about "billions" and the average human only lives to 80 years, then time is on your side when it comes to how fast life will be eliminated on Earth.

But remember, the Earth has been through these changes before. How many warmups and cool downs have taken place in 4.5 billion years?

Personally, I do not care about climate change. I will not be inconvenienced by any of that nonsense people want us to undertake to save this planet. I will give a **** when China, India, & Russia are voluntarily doing absolutely everything they can first. Of course they won't do a God Damned thing; because they don't give a crap either.

I do not want to hear anyone in America tell me I have to change my ways until these 3 aforementioned **** holes are made to do something first, and the only way that will ever happen is if we are willing to go to war to make them. If that happens, I want every climate change believer to enlist in the military BEFORE we go to war so they actually have some skin in the game.

Then I will give a ****!

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    If the Earth is 4.5 billion years old and it's only had living organisms in the last few hundred million years, than there may be a start and a finish to the time of life here. When you are talking about "billions" and the average human only lives to 80 years, then time is on your side when it comes to how fast life will be eliminated on Earth.

But remember, the Earth has been through these changes before. How many warmups and cool downs have taken place in 4.5 billion years?

Personally, I do not care about climate change. I will not be inconvenienced by any of that nonsense people want us to undertake to save this planet. I will give a **** when China, India, & Russia are voluntarily doing absolutely everything they can first. Of course they won't do a God Damned thing; because they don't give a crap either.

I do not want to hear anyone in America tell me I have to change my ways until these 3 aforementioned **** holes are made to do something first, and the only way that will ever happen is if we are willing to go to war to make them. If that happens, I want every climate change believer to enlist in the military BEFORE we go to war so they actually have some skin in the game.

Then I will give a ****!

Interesting isn’t it those first in line to impose their ‘morality’ on others are usually at the end of the line to sign up to physically make it happen.

Top Bottom