Louisianians believe in climate change (global warming)?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    If you don't believe these guys I don't know who to believe.

https://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/upsDownsGlobalWarming.html

That graph shows roughly .9 degrees F in 33 years. It also stops when the cooling cycle stated back up too. So... yeah I wouldn’t trust their motives, since they hide results unfavorable to their narrative.

See this is what happens when you task rocket scientist to social engineering by way of environmental science, Muslim outreach, and all around stupidity.

Last edited:

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    Did you read the article or just look at the graphs? It shows that over the last 100 years the temp has risen and even during cooling cycles it never gets below the original baseline. So yes if you cherry pick it looks like there is no temperature rise but overall it has gone up and shows no cooling to the original surface temperatures. Plus high-temperature marks have been broken all over the world monthly recently so how are we cooling down?

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    The world was going through a "mini-ice age" between the 1300s and the mid 1800s. So, what happens after every "ice age?" A warm-up period. Natural course of life on the big blue ball.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age

Man might screw with some stuff short term but for him to think he has any lasting effects on this planet is a joke. How many of us have RVs or boats with plastic trim? The "30,000 year" plastic lifespan sure seems like a joke when the sun can eat up any plastic in a few years and turn it into dust. Plus where does plastic come from anyway? Oil right, and that came from dinosaurs, so it's biodegradable after all right? Mankind thinks they know it all... funny when it's almost 2020 and they can't even cure the common cold yet.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Did you read the article or just look at the graphs? It shows that over the last 100 years the temp has risen and even during cooling cycles it never gets below the original baseline. So yes if you cherry pick it looks like there is no temperature rise but overall it has gone up and shows no cooling to the original surface temperatures. Plus high-temperature marks have been broken all over the world monthly recently so how are we cooling down?

No I didn’t it was published nearly a decade ago. Just like I don’t go reading weather reports from last week I don’t read articles with outdated pseudo-science.

Abby Normal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry

No! I Don't! When they include Totally Falsified Data in a climate report, No I don't believe them.
    When for good or ill they substitute Sept temps for Oct temps and claim that's global warming, I don't trust them.
    Just last year the official N.O. Temps had to be revised downward. The official temp is taken at the airport in Kenner where there is construction going on. Someone put some equipment to close to the thermometer that altered the temp. Call it a localized heat island effect. How long was that going on? Did you hear anything about that? I heard it from Fox 8.
    Gator, my shirt is same pic in black & white.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The problem with any of these discussions is that the only constant that occurs in the world climate is change. Therefore in order for us to say that there was a "change" from normal we have to decide what is normal. So what is the normal temperature of the globe? Now? 200, 2,000, 130,000 years ago? The global temperatures were different then from what it is now. Were those the "normal" temperatures? When Rome invaded Albion (The Roman name for the island of Britain.) they could grow grapes and make wine there. You can't anymore because it's too cold now. When Neanderthals lived in Western Europe the world was a much colder place. The world warmed and many species didn't survive while others thrived. Was an ice age the "normal" temperature?

So what do mean by normal? What we mean is a temperature what makes the world the most inhabitable by humans. I don't understand why the global temperature is even a worry, since humans can live in any climate on any continent with the use of our brains to make the local environment suit us. So if the temperature changes a couple of degrees over one hundred years have no fear. Humans will survive and thrive. That is what all evidence in the history of man shows us.

Respectfully,

Dave

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    zexp9s8be7mrleyu0x7t.jpg

Jadams74

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2019
    Ponchatoula, Louisiana
    This is why I don't believe in the accuracy of polling. Too many factors that can be manipulated to get the outcome you want instead of the true nature of the subject of the poll.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    I am a bit conflicted about climate change. Just from basic analysis the more CO2 you put in the air, the more greenhouse gas effect you have, the more heat the earth gets to absorb. It's a basic fact.

Are we the cause? We definitely contribute, we do stuff that emits CO2 and destroy the equipment that puts it back in the ground (plants). I've honestly not seen where we are in relation to natural emitters of CO2 like volcanoes. What percent do we impact the earth? I imagine it's a difficult system to accurately model. It's a tough question and hence the lack of answer.

Some people say something along the lines of "God wouldn't allow us to do that." which is total BS. God allows us to commit suicide, develop nuclear weapons, do whatever evil we wish as we are sinners, and hell, we've wiped plenty of animals off the planet that God put here. The idea that God wouldn't allow us to sin seems silly.

I do think that plenty on the left have done their best to distort the truth for their own personal gain. That doesn't mean we can't objectively look at the data and come up with a solid conclusion. We shouldn't let our ideology stick our heads in the sand. We should try to be good stewards of what the Lord has given us. I don't think that means we don't do things that make money... it's about balance.

Is it okay to drive a muscle car? Sure, just try to make sure it's tuned up and running as efficiently as possible and don't dump your oil in the back yard. Simple enough, and that should be what we want anyway.

https://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/upsDownsGlobalWarming.html

Yes. Many folks here won't believe them because it doesn't fit into their ideology of "right vs. left" but they don't realize that NASA isn't just all left leaning environmental snow flakes. Most are good folks who do actually have an idea of what they are talking about.

More good info: https://climate.nasa.gov/

That graph shows roughly .9 degrees F in 33 years. It also stops when the cooling cycle stated back up too. So... yeah I wouldn’t trust their motives, since they hide results unfavorable to their narrative.

See this is what happens when you task rocket scientist to social engineering by way of environmental science, Muslim outreach, and all around stupidity.

"Doesn't fit my narrative, don't care."

He didn't.

No I didn’t it was published nearly a decade ago. Just like I don’t go reading weather reports from last week I don’t read articles with outdated pseudo-science.

Weather doesn't equal climate.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This is why I don't believe in the accuracy of polling. Too many factors that can be manipulated to get the outcome you want instead of the true nature of the subject of the poll.

You are correct in doing so too. The Pepsi challenge commercials from the 80's were far more accurate in determining what people preferred or believed at their conclusion.

Speaking of polls that are completely useless, WWL Radio reported there was a "nationwide" poll that concluded; a majority of Americans support an assault weapons ban. If you are not an ignorant fool, this needs no further elaboration. But it goes to illustrate how the media (and I would say the education system), in this country have dumbed down Americans so much, they can ask such an idiotic question, then push forth a conclusion that is fallacy based on a false qualifier, as fact.

As for man-made climate effect? How about we as THE ENTIRE world, just don't litter! Think about that for a minute. Don't throw McDonald's bags or cigarette butts out of your vehicle! Don't dump toxins or crap in oceans, rivers, lakes, or bayous! Don't let unfettered noxious fumes escape into the air at your plants or factories! And, you piles of garbage in Liberia, stop using your beaches for toilets!

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    You are correct in doing so too. The Pepsi challenge commercials from the 80's were far more accurate in determining what people preferred or believed at their conclusion.

Speaking of polls that are completely useless, WWL Radio reported there was a "nationwide" poll that concluded; a majority of Americans support an assault weapons ban. If you are not an ignorant fool, this needs no further elaboration. But it goes to illustrate how the media (and I would say the education system), in this country have dumbed down Americans so much, they can ask such an idiotic question, then push forth a conclusion that is fallacy based on a false qualifier, as fact.

As for man-made climate effect? How about we as THE ENTIRE world, just don't litter! Think about that for a minute. Don't throw McDonald's bags or cigarette butts out of your vehicle! Don't dump toxins or crap in oceans, rivers, lakes, or bayous! Don't let unfettered noxious fumes escape into the air at your plants or factories! And, you piles of garbage in Liberia, stop using your beaches for toilets!

The problem is that everyone wants so many things, but they want other people to do it. They don't want to not be lazy. If everyone picked up trash that they walked past, there'd be a lot less trash laying around. But people don't want to pick up after themselves, as is, and asking them to pick up after others would be akin to punishment.

Additionally, people are stupid. The advent of mobile phones has been great for a lot of things, but I think that by and large, it has made people stupid. Why learn something when you can Google it? Why form an opinion when you can just be fed nonsense by your favorite "Influencer?"

A guy that I know from a past job posted some BS political **** on Facebook a few weeks ago that was mostly his opinion on economics. I was bored and PM'd him to discuss and try to educate him on how economics work. He ended up telling me that what he believes is right and that I have no idea what I am talking about. I tried to leverage real examples from my business experience and he didn't want to hear it. I mentioned that I have an MBA and learned a few things about economics and financial markets and his only rebuttal is that "paying for education is stupid."

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The problem is that everyone wants so many things, but they want other people to do it. They don't want to not be lazy. If everyone picked up trash that they walked past, there'd be a lot less trash laying around. But people don't want to pick up after themselves, as is, and asking them to pick up after others would be akin to punishment.

Additionally, people are stupid. The advent of mobile phones has been great for a lot of things, but I think that by and large, it has made people stupid. Why learn something when you can Google it? Why form an opinion when you can just be fed nonsense by your favorite "Influencer?"

A guy that I know from a past job posted some BS political **** on Facebook a few weeks ago that was mostly his opinion on economics. I was bored and PM'd him to discuss and try to educate him on how economics work. He ended up telling me that what he believes is right and that I have no idea what I am talking about. I tried to leverage real examples from my business experience and he didn't want to hear it. I mentioned that I have an MBA and learned a few things about economics and financial markets and his only rebuttal is that "paying for education is stupid."

My major point was, instead of being chastised and browbeaten by immoral politicians here in the US as I am being warned that I should be forced to bow down to this nonsense through stifling regulation and sacrifices, just start a worldwide PSA. If the rest of the world isn't interested in the effort, then at least we know where we stand.

Simply put, the US is not the problem.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    My major point was, instead of being chastised and browbeaten by immoral politicians here in the US as I am being warned that I should be forced to bow down to this nonsense through stifling regulation and sacrifices, just start a worldwide PSA. If the rest of the world isn't interested in the effort, then at least we know where we stand.

Simply put, the US is not the problem.

I agree. But I also don't think that the US needs to be the world police.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    I am a bit conflicted about climate change. Just from basic analysis the more CO2 you put in the air, the more greenhouse gas effect you have, the more heat the earth gets to absorb. It's a basic fact.

Are we the cause? We definitely contribute, we do stuff that emits CO2 and destroy the equipment that puts it back in the ground (plants). I've honestly not seen where we are in relation to natural emitters of CO2 like volcanoes. What percent do we impact the earth? I imagine it's a difficult system to accurately model. It's a tough question and hence the lack of answer.

Some people say something along the lines of "God wouldn't allow us to do that." which is total BS. God allows us to commit suicide, develop nuclear weapons, do whatever evil we wish as we are sinners, and hell, we've wiped plenty of animals off the planet that God put here. The idea that God wouldn't allow us to sin seems silly.

I do think that plenty on the left have done their best to distort the truth for their own personal gain. That doesn't mean we can't objectively look at the data and come up with a solid conclusion. We shouldn't let our ideology stick our heads in the sand. We should try to be good stewards of what the Lord has given us. I don't think that means we don't do things that make money... it's about balance.

Is it okay to drive a muscle car? Sure, just try to make sure it's tuned up and running as efficiently as possible and don't dump your oil in the back yard. Simple enough, and that should be what we want anyway.

Yes. Many folks here won't believe them because it doesn't fit into their ideology of "right vs. left" but they don't realize that NASA isn't just all left leaning environmental snow flakes. Most are good folks who do actually have an idea of what they are talking about.

He didn't.

mi8b1dh70ez4vjwtmql7.png
    :D

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

He didn't.

On the two quotes attributed to me...

No it doesn’t fit my narrative my narrative happens to be looking a real un-falsified data. Additionally that data is 10 years old. Do you use a wether report about last week to decide what you need for today? No! Its irrelevant. So is the 33 year study that is now 10 years old, because a whole third of new data has occurred and guess what that data isn’t consistent with their narrative. My narrative is we have thousands and thousands of years of history of the earth warming and cooling. Huge sections being covered and uncovered with water and ice. Our definition of Sea-level is roughly zero elevation, but 20,000 years ago sea-level was 150feet lower. It like one of those pictures that’s zoomed in real close and you think you see one thing but when you zoom out the picture is vastly different.

I’m a firm believer in conservation, maintaining the natural world, forest and sea reformation, and this hoax is a distraction at best.

Way back when when I was a young twit a major greenhouse gas that was constantly talked about was methane, but when ecologist and biologists pointed out that sea-alge and other aquatic grass contributed to more that 70% of all methane they slowly began to back off of methane. And in the last 10 years you only here CO2 mentioned, but just like you said plants eat CO2 guess what I’m interested in maintaining? Wild places for plants and animals to continue to thrive.

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    On the two quotes attributed to me...

No it doesn’t fit my narrative my narrative happens to be looking a real un-falsified data. Additionally that data is 10 years old. Do you use a wether report about last week to decide what you need for today? No! Its irrelevant. So is the 33 year study that is now 10 years old, because a whole third of new data has occurred and guess what that data isn’t consistent with their narrative. My narrative is we have thousands and thousands of years of history of the earth warming and cooling. Huge sections being covered and uncovered with water and ice. Our definition of Sea-level is roughly zero elevation, but 20,000 years ago sea-level was 150feet lower. It like one of those pictures that’s zoomed in real close and you think you see one thing but when you zoom out the picture is vastly different.

I’m a firm believer in conservation, maintaining the natural world, forest and sea reformation, and this hoax is a distraction at best.

Way back when when I was a young twit a major greenhouse gas that was constantly talked about was methane, but when ecologist and biologists pointed out that sea-alge and other aquatic grass contributed to more that 70% of all methane they slowly began to back off of methane. And in the last 10 years you only here CO2 mentioned, but just like you said plants eat CO2 guess what I’m interested in maintaining? Wild places for plants and animals to continue to thrive.

The problem is that you don't know if it's a hoax or not. You just don't believe it because there are some people who are liars representing the other side.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Ok just for argument sake let’s say the trend of .9degrees per 33 years continues. In 1,000 years (I won’t be here nor will anyone I know) the temperature average would have increased 27 degrees.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom