200 Dems sign evil black rifle ban

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    It’s coming folks! It’s just a matter of how far they can push this rope.. And if the Orange one signs on.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/200-house-democrats-sign-on-to-assault-weapons-ban-bill-of-2019/

It’s a HUGE wishlist that looks worse than Clinton’s at first glance

What would constitute an *assault weapon* under HR 1269?

The term semiautomatic assault weapon means any of the following, regardless of country of manufacture or caliber of ammunition accepted:

(A) A semiautomatic rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
    (i) A pistol grip.
    (ii) A forward grip.
    (iii) A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock, or is otherwise foldable or adjustable in a manner that operates to reduce the length, size, or any other dimension, or otherwise enhances the concealability, of the weapon.
    (iv) A grenade launcher.
    (v) A barrel shroud.
    (vi) A threaded barrel.
    (B) A semiautomatic rifle that has a fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, except for an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.
    (C) Any part, combination of parts, component, device, attachment, or accessory that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semiautomatic rifle but not convert the semiautomatic rifle into a machinegun.
    (D) A semiautomatic pistol that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
    (i) A threaded barrel.
    (ii) A second pistol grip.
    (iii) A barrel shroud.
    (iv) The capacity to accept a detachable magazine at some location outside of the pistol grip.
    (v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.
    (vi) A manufactured weight of 50 ounces or more when unloaded.
    (vii) A stabilizing brace or similar component.
    (E) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds.
    (F) A semiautomatic shotgun that has any one of the following:
    (i) A folding, telescoping, or detachable stock.
    (ii) A pistol grip.
    (iii) A fixed magazine with the capacity to accept more than 5 rounds.
    (iv) The ability to accept a detachable magazine.
    (v) A forward grip.
    (vi) A grenade launcher.
    (G) Any shotgun with a revolving cylinder.
    (H) All of the following rifles, copies, duplicates, variants, or altered facsimiles with the capability of any such weapon thereof:

Last edited:

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    I just don't see how they can remove all of them. There must be millions of them out there.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Forgotten

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 30, 2016
    Lafayette, LA
    I want to make a less scary AR build. I'm going to do a pink AR with hello kitty stickers. Might even put a bicycle bell on it.

Abby Normal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry

apachegunw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2019
    Pineville LA.
    Lets be serious, is anyone on this page, or any true patriotic gun loving american, gonna be willing to "hand em over" if this was to pass some miraculous way? Id like to think\hope not

They're not getting mine..........:rolleyes:

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This is nothing more than red meat for their base.

Keep in mind that Democrats have been introducing assault weapons bans for a few decades now. It's a fundraiser so they can scream "SEE, REPUBLICANS BLOCK COMMON SENSE GUN CONTROL."

And as always, the important thing here is to keep pressure on the senate and remind them not to become squishes. With all of the attention on gun control right now, there's pressure to DO SOMETHING and I see some small-R republicans starting to waffle.

As gun owners, the best thing we can do is stay vocal and keep reminding our legislators that we're gun owners, that we don't support their ill-conceived plans for gun control, and that they'll get voted out in the next election if they keep pandering to the corporate anti-gun lobby. Don't try to "reason" with them beyond that; that's as effective as trying to teach a goat to do calculus.

Mike

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    This is nothing more than red meat for their base.

Keep in mind that Democrats have been introducing assault weapons bans for a few decades now. It's a fundraiser so they can scream "SEE, REPUBLICANS BLOCK COMMON SENSE GUN CONTROL."

And as always, the important thing here is to keep pressure on the senate and remind them not to become squishes. With all of the attention on gun control right now, there's pressure to DO SOMETHING and I see some small-R republicans starting to waffle.

As gun owners, the best thing we can do is stay vocal and keep reminding our legislators that we're gun owners, that we don't support their ill-conceived plans for gun control, and that they'll get voted out in the next election if they keep pandering to the corporate anti-gun lobby. Don't try to "reason" with them beyond that; that's as effective as trying to teach a goat to do calculus.

Mike

Can I get four or five amens right here...?

As far as New Zealand, I believe gun owners there are a little less fearful than most Americans. Just look at the numbers. The numbers of New Zealand gun owners NOT turning in their guns. The numbers that the media is trying to hide, btw. The other difference is, you aren’t seeing any real action to police up those guns. I wonder why that is? Pretty sure it won’t go so smoothly here in the USA.
    I’m hoping if it ever happens nation wide that we won’t see about half of gun owners in our country cave in and give up their liberty completely...which is what will happen the day they give up their guns. So far, the states that have created bans and red flag laws are picking up guns. Sometimes by force. The 3 people that I know that had guns seized post Katrina in NOLA tell me that they were immediately by threat of force. 2 were held at gunpoint by up to 8 LEO’s. The only real armed resistance I remember to anything of this nature in our country was when the ATF hit the Branch Davidians. I think that so many Americans are so brainwashed that they’ll just roll over when the chips fall.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I sure do miss all of mine.....terrible boating accident.....all of them went over......probably covered in barnacles. Damn Shame.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Molon Labe!

Attachments

• 3BA6B0AB-9130-45DE-88B3-82889912A730.jpg
      3BA6B0AB-9130-45DE-88B3-82889912A730.jpg
      63.4 KB · Views: 118

Staff online