Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: Honey island

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Warhammerhead87 View Post
    HI is dangerous. There’s too much going on at all times and there’s not enough RSO’s to keep everything under control. The unsafe gun handling is rampant and when it’s brought to the attention of the RSO’s they don’t do too much about it. The inspections at the sign in table are also dangerous.

Just think how dangerous it would be if they allowed drawing from a holster and FA on the rifle line?

If you go, bring a buddy who knows how to apply a tourniquet and basic first aid.
    I'm curious what you find dangerous about the inspections at the check in station. All muzzles should be pointed in a safe direction.

As for carrying a 1911 with the safety off in a Fobus Holster, . . . , I wonder how you even made that observation, unless it was an ambi safety.
    Even in that case, it is no more unsafe than carrying a Glock with the safety off and a round in the chamber.
    The holster was covering the trigger. Perfectly safe.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBMJR1 View Post
    I'm curious what you find dangerous about the inspections at the check in station. All muzzles should be pointed in a safe direction.

As for carrying a 1911 with the safety off in a Fobus Holster, . . . , I wonder how you even made that observation, unless it was an ambi safety.
    Even in that case, it is no more unsafe than carrying a Glock with the safety off and a round in the chamber.
    Iíve been swept a few times waiting to get signed in there.

I did not mention anything about a 1911 being carried in a fobus holster. I was referring to being able to draw from the holster on the line. If that was allowed there Iím sure there would be holes in places that there shouldnít be.
    I really don't care.

Remember kids, you might be in the clique right now, but it never lasts forever.

tacklebox

User Info Menu

I have been shooting at HI for 3 decades and haven’t had or seen any issues regarding safety. Most people look after the young or inexperienced shooter they bring. RO’s help as well. IMO they can be over helpful with their advice and critiques of your personal shooting form or practices. But all it takes is a simple *thank you, but I got this*.

I’ve heard bashing of this place and the RO’s for a long time and feel it’s unwarranted. They want everyone to be safe! They may use less than polite manners to do such, but swallow your pride and admit if you were being stupid or complacent. They’re just doing their job.

And what’s the deal with people complaining about others banging the steel, mag dumps, or loud compensators? I’ve been there trying to get an accurate group and pulled a shot due to the .338 Lapua being touched off next to me. I don’t bitch, call the guy an asshole, or get up and leave while making a scene. Just load up 5 more rounds and try again. Maybe wait till the other shooter is reloading or not shooting for whatever reason.
    I’ve also been the guy with multiple very loud guns mag dumping and banging steel while the guy next to me is sighting in 10 different scoped rifles.

The issue is the entitled shooters who feel everyone on the range has to cater to their version of the passion we all enjoy.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself.
    ... the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good"

-George Washington

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Left handed...

The difference between a Glock and a 1911 with no safety is that the Glock is not under spring tension and capable of firing without pulling the trigger.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xobelkcat View Post
    I have been shooting at HI for 3 decades and havenít had or seen any issues regarding safety. Most people look after the young or inexperienced shooter they bring. ROís help as well. IMO they can be over helpful with their advice and critiques of your personal shooting form or practices. But all it takes is a simple *thank you, but I got this*.

Iíve heard bashing of this place and the ROís for a long time and feel itís unwarranted. They want everyone to be safe! They may use less than polite manners to do such, but swallow your pride and admit if you were being stupid or complacent. Theyíre just doing their job.

And whatís the deal with people complaining about others banging the steel, mag dumps, or loud compensators? Iíve been there trying to get an accurate group and pulled a shot due to the .338 Lapua being touched off next to me. I donít bitch, call the guy an asshole, or get up and leave while making a scene. Just load up 5 more rounds and try again. Maybe wait till the other shooter is reloading or not shooting for whatever reason.
    Iíve also been the guy with multiple very loud guns mag dumping and banging steel while the guy next to me is sighting in 10 different scoped rifles.

The issue is the entitled shooters who feel everyone on the range has to cater to their version of the passion we all enjoy.
    I would prefer if the ROís were pricks.

I want the ROís paying attention to the poor gun handling by the other shooters and addressing it.
    I really don't care.

Remember kids, you might be in the clique right now, but it never lasts forever.

Marksman

User Info Menu

This 1911 w/o safety and a Glock comparison is a joke right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

User Info Menu

Been to Honey Island many times. Never an issue. It inexpensive and my grandson loves the 22cal only area

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    This 1911 w/o safety and a Glock comparison is a joke right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sure it is. We all know that pistols go off by themselves all the time, right.

Just to be sure, I put a 1911 on my dresser last night, with a round in the chamber, hammer back, and safety disengaged. When I woke up, my two cats, the neighbor, and my pickup truck had all been shot.
    No more Wilson 10 round magazines for THAT pistol.

Seriously. Keep your booger hook off the bang switch and you'll be just fine. If the holster is covering the trigger, then that 1911 is no more a threat than a Glock.
    "Beer is proof that God loves us, and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin