Bushnell TRS 25 red dot $21 shipped

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • critta

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Metairie
    Say what you want. I’ve used these for shotguns and rifles for years and have been very satisfied. Since they’re priced so low, I bought 5 for $105

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Outdoor-Hu...087066?hash=item3b375fab1a:g:D6oAAOSwfrhdVn6m

I’m pretty sure the ones in the EBay link are counterfeit. If you look at this Amazon link for a TRS-25 and go to the 2nd top review In the link the guy ordered some from Amazon.

Bushnell Optics TRS-25 Hirise 1x25mm Red Dot Riflescope with Riser Block, Matte Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ABP8YCA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_mSHwDb9RA0JGB

He contacted Bushnell and one batch he got was legit and one batch he got from another seller was fake. There’s a video in his review detailing the differences. If you look at his video the counterfeit one pretty much matches the pics in the EBay listing. It came in what appeared to be legit packaging but it had no model number in underside, the screw on the bottom was different etc.. I was going to order one after seeing your post but after looking at the review and then looking at the EBay pics I think I’m gonna pass. I could be wrong but don’t want to chance getting burned. If you have a legit Bushnell maybe you can see if your’s matches what’s shown in the EBay pics. I could be wrong about it just giving a heads up of what I found before I ordered one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Nothing on that link says bushnell... So pretty much a Chinese copy. Can it be decent? Sure, but I'd stick with what I already have.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Pomona California is one of the major hubs for Chinese products entering the United States. The estimated shipping delivery date is between Wed. Aug. 21 and Wed. Aug. 28... so 9 days??? to come from California? It's an imported product.

Other Red Flags... PRICE (a $125 red dot for $20), nowhere does it mention Bushnell (in fact it says "Brand: Unbranded"), "Country/Region of Manufacture: China" (Bushnell are manufactured in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Japan), Bush nell is mentioned in the description (clearly misspelled).

Check out this link... https://www.thecounterfeitreport.com/product/305/Bushnell-TRS-25-HiRise-Sights.html

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Pomona California is one of the major hubs for Chinese products entering the United States. The estimated shipping delivery date is between Wed. Aug. 21 and Wed. Aug. 28... so 9 days??? to come from California? It's an imported product.

Other Red Flags... PRICE (a $125 red dot for $20), nowhere does it mention Bushnell (in fact it says "Brand: Unbranded"), "Country/Region of Manufacture: China" (Bushnell are manufactured in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Japan), Bush nell is mentioned in the description (clearly misspelled).

Check out this link... https://www.thecounterfeitreport.com/product/305/Bushnell-TRS-25-HiRise-Sights.html

Amazon sells it for the $125 red dot for $56. According to camelcamelcamel, Amazon has been selling it for that price for a few months and was consistently been selling it for under $50 for the last half of 2018. $20 is rediculously low for a $125 red dot but so is $50. With a 4/5 rating after over 4000 reviews, I have to imagine most of them are either legit Bushnells or darn good quality fakes.

https://smile.amazon.com/Bushnell-T...66237605&s=gateway&sprefix=trs,aps,481&sr=8-1

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Well....2 things come to mind:
    The Bushnell TRS 25 is made in China. The legit one...
    1). I bought 3 back in November from Amazon for $39 and change each shipped. Same box and packaging as ever. I’ve paid as much as $60 each on Amazon.
    2). I can’t imagine a counterfeit TRS 25, but I guess it could happen.
    I could post up pics of the boxes I have for reference if anyone wishes. When these come in I’m expecting them to be in the same packaging. If not I’ll reply.

I believe it’s very possible for the manufacturer to sell these to another entity without the bushnell logo. Whoever makes the holosun optics sells them to another company for resale as well. One of the older Sig optics was also packaged and sold by another company for less.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Mine came in today. The company decided to help save the environment and went with minimalist packaging to eliminate waste. This and the lightweight box allows them to save money by shipping a lighter package. They then pass that savings to the consumer, hence the lower cost as compared to the full retail box version from Amazon.

IMG_0682_m.JPG

It appears this is an official Bushnell product and the listing indicating it to be a Bush Nell product must have been a typo.

IMG_0683_m.JPG

You can even adjust it in case you want to zero the red dot.

IMG_0686_m.JPG

Here, the dot was set on 11, which is one brighter than 10. It's actually a lot brighter than the picture shows. I think anyone who has tried to take a picture of a red dot or an illuminated reticle knows the picture usually doesn't replicate real life. The phone was held up to the sight and the picture of my radio operator was about 4 feet away.

IMG_0685.jpg

It also came with some free candy.

IMG_0687_m.jpg

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Good deal Perez. Waiting for mine. Says Saturday on the tracking so I’m hopeful.
    Yeah that candy is the **** bro. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Good deal Perez. Waiting for mine. Says Saturday on the tracking so I’m hopeful.
    Yeah that candy is the **** bro. Lol

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    I've been following and couldn't withstand the temptation any longer, ordered one today. I've been looking at the TRS 25 and had made up my mind to get one for a .22 pistol I have. Last one I looked at Retail was $80, Amazon had it for $44 this morning, but the $23 off Ebay with no shipping trumps them all.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    My main reason for grabbing one of these was to see if it was low enough to make a Rock River Arms Tactical Carry Handle more useful. The carry handle, which isn't really a handle, was made to use with some of the Aimpoint optics with a low mount. And it does co-witness. Looks like about lower 1/3.

IMG_0688.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Does it hold zero... and does it stay on when fired? I have tried a number of these and every time the recoil gets to them, they tend to turn off... not to say you can't turn them back on, but it gets a little annoying at the range to keep turning them back on. I've had this happen with a number of Inexpensive China-made optics. I've even been able to get some to turn off by slamming the butt of the rifle to the ground... or slingshotting the bolt.

Just wondering. I'd be interested to know. Battery life doesn't tend to be very long when compared to decent optics either. (A good update for about a year from now.)

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    In case people didn't recognize it, my summary contained a bit of sarcasm. The packaging was not something Bushnell would use. The instruction sheet does not mention the word Bushnell. There is no doubt in my head this red dot is not made by Bushnell even though it does have that word on the red dot itself.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Does it hold zero... and does it stay on when fired? I have tried a number of these and every time the recoil gets to them, they tend to turn off... not to say you can't turn them back on, but it gets a little annoying at the range to keep turning them back on. I've had this happen with a number of Inexpensive China-made optics. I've even been able to get some to turn off by slamming the butt of the rifle to the ground... or slingshotting the bolt.

Just wondering. I'd be interested to know. Battery life doesn't tend to be very long when compared to decent optics either. (A good update for about a year from now.)
    I can update that right now, but I’m wondering if you’re talking about the TRS-25.
    I still have one mounted on a 12ga slug gun that gets regular use, a few on AR 15’s, etc. I’ve never had any of your worries occur. They hold zero just fine for me. The on switch is a rotary with brightness levels. They don’t turn off if not used. Battery life is decent when you don’t leave them on for a month in the safe. Easy to find 2032 I believe.
    Anyone curious, look up comparison tests (think big optic shootout) and see how the little Bushnell held up against the elite operator brands. I’ll try to find one I read last year and post it up.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Mine came in today. Ordered last Friday and received today (Wednesday) so 5 days via USPS which included a weekend. It looks like the one shown by thperez but also has a separate riser mount, probably to allow it to cowitness with an AR15 sight. It has the same Bushnell brand name and the circle R (trademark registered) on the side.

I plan to use it on a .22 pistol so not too concerned with recoil or the riser. If this works OK I'm planning to order a couple more.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom