Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marksman

User Info Menu

I'm genuinely curious and following
    Guns are like the ladies, even the pretty ones like to get dirty now and then

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Mine came in today. The company decided to help save the environment and went with minimalist packaging to eliminate waste. This and the lightweight box allows them to save money by shipping a lighter package. They then pass that savings to the consumer, hence the lower cost as compared to the full retail box version from Amazon.

IMG_0682_m.JPG

It appears this is an official Bushnell product and the listing indicating it to be a Bush Nell product must have been a typo.

IMG_0683_m.JPG

You can even adjust it in case you want to zero the red dot.

IMG_0686_m.JPG

Here, the dot was set on 11, which is one brighter than 10. It's actually a lot brighter than the picture shows. I think anyone who has tried to take a picture of a red dot or an illuminated reticle knows the picture usually doesn't replicate real life. The phone was held up to the sight and the picture of my radio operator was about 4 feet away.

IMG_0685.jpg

It also came with some free candy.

IMG_0687_m.jpg

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Good deal Perez. Waiting for mine. Says Saturday on the tracking so I’m hopeful.
    Yeah that candy is the shit bro. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Good deal Perez. Waiting for mine. Says Saturday on the tracking so Iím hopeful.
    Yeah that candy is the shit bro. Lol
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct itóóó
    Bangswitch

Blackhawk

User Info Menu

I've been following and couldn't withstand the temptation any longer, ordered one today. I've been looking at the TRS 25 and had made up my mind to get one for a .22 pistol I have. Last one I looked at Retail was $80, Amazon had it for $44 this morning, but the $23 off Ebay with no shipping trumps them all.
    Phu Bai, Vietnam, 1968-69
    Baghdad, Iraq, 2004-05

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

My main reason for grabbing one of these was to see if it was low enough to make a Rock River Arms Tactical Carry Handle more useful. The carry handle, which isn't really a handle, was made to use with some of the Aimpoint optics with a low mount. And it does co-witness. Looks like about lower 1/3.

IMG_0688.JPG

IMG_0692.JPG

Marksman

User Info Menu

Does it hold zero... and does it stay on when fired? I have tried a number of these and every time the recoil gets to them, they tend to turn off... not to say you can't turn them back on, but it gets a little annoying at the range to keep turning them back on. I've had this happen with a number of Inexpensive China-made optics. I've even been able to get some to turn off by slamming the butt of the rifle to the ground... or slingshotting the bolt.

Just wondering. I'd be interested to know. Battery life doesn't tend to be very long when compared to decent optics either. (A good update for about a year from now.)
    Last edited by kingfhb; August 23rd, 2019 at 02:33 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Just saw some at Academy for $119 .
    Last edited by firelane; August 23rd, 2019 at 04:02 PM.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

In case people didn't recognize it, my summary contained a bit of sarcasm. The packaging was not something Bushnell would use. The instruction sheet does not mention the word Bushnell. There is no doubt in my head this red dot is not made by Bushnell even though it does have that word on the red dot itself.

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kingfhb View Post
    Does it hold zero... and does it stay on when fired? I have tried a number of these and every time the recoil gets to them, they tend to turn off... not to say you can't turn them back on, but it gets a little annoying at the range to keep turning them back on. I've had this happen with a number of Inexpensive China-made optics. I've even been able to get some to turn off by slamming the butt of the rifle to the ground... or slingshotting the bolt.

Just wondering. I'd be interested to know. Battery life doesn't tend to be very long when compared to decent optics either. (A good update for about a year from now.)
    I can update that right now, but Iím wondering if youíre talking about the TRS-25.
    I still have one mounted on a 12ga slug gun that gets regular use, a few on AR 15ís, etc. Iíve never had any of your worries occur. They hold zero just fine for me. The on switch is a rotary with brightness levels. They donít turn off if not used. Battery life is decent when you donít leave them on for a month in the safe. Easy to find 2032 I believe.
    Anyone curious, look up comparison tests (think big optic shootout) and see how the little Bushnell held up against the elite operator brands. Iíll try to find one I read last year and post it up.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct itóóó
    Bangswitch

Blackhawk

User Info Menu

Mine came in today. Ordered last Friday and received today (Wednesday) so 5 days via USPS which included a weekend. It looks like the one shown by thperez but also has a separate riser mount, probably to allow it to cowitness with an AR15 sight. It has the same Bushnell brand name and the circle R (trademark registered) on the side.

I plan to use it on a .22 pistol so not too concerned with recoil or the riser. If this works OK I'm planning to order a couple more.
    Last edited by Blackhawk; August 28th, 2019 at 12:51 PM.
    Phu Bai, Vietnam, 1968-69
    Baghdad, Iraq, 2004-05