Campus Carry

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    I’m organizing a bunch of LSU students to hold a campus carry event this Friday from 10-2 in response to a mass text that went out to students and faculty reporting an “armed intruder in Coates hall” which also informed students to “run and hide or fight.” My students and I are demanding the ability to fight if the need should arise. I’m looking for local gun stores (or individuals) to sponsor the event by donating second amendment swag (bumper stickers, pens, etc) we can give away to students who sign up in support of concealed carry restrictions being lifted. You can text me at 225-362-0846 or email me at GNeff@cjbrown.com

Thanks in advance for your support

Greg Neff

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Y’all are all meeting up while carrying? Just clarifying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

When I was at LSU I was invited to a few of Greg's events and no one carried on campus. A few would wear empty holsters, but no one was violating any laws. They support the law being changed, but don't break it.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    When I was at LSU I was invited to a few of Greg's events and no one carried on campus. A few would wear empty holsters, but no one was violating any laws. They support the law being changed, but don't break it.

The original post had me wondering what exactly they were planning lol

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    The further citizens are away from guns as a hobby or even familiar with things, the more the LSU events will occur. All I can say is good luck.. This country is lost..

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    The further citizens are away from guns as a hobby or even familiar with things, the more the LSU events will occur. All I can say is good luck.. This country is lost..

Which is very unfortunate. I very clearly remember BRPD coming to my school almost yearly and teaching young kids about guns, gun safety, and what to do if you randomly found a gun. These sessions made cops out to be the good guys and guns to be tools, not dark black taboo items.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I’m organizing a bunch of LSU students to hold a campus carry event this Friday from 10-2 in response to a mass text that went out to students and faculty reporting an *armed intruder in Coates hall* which also informed students to *run and hide or fight.* My students and I are demanding the ability to fight if the need should arise. I’m looking for local gun stores (or individuals) to sponsor the event by donating second amendment swag (bumper stickers, pens, etc) we can give away to students who sign up in support of concealed carry restrictions being lifted. You can text me at 225-362-0846 or email me at GNeff@cjbrown.com

Thanks in advance for your support

Greg Neff

Call the NRA! They have tons of that type of stuff.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales

No, definitely not. Just educating students as to how campus carry has made other states safer and encouraging them to get involved to pass it here in Louisiana

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    No, definitely not. Just educating students as to how campus carry has made other states safer and encouraging them to get involved to pass it here in Louisiana

Is there any support from elected officials?

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    Is there any support from elected officials?

Last year we had a couple people sponsor separate bills but the first one was withdrawn as part of a deal to give another less controversial bill a fair shot. The second person to take it on saw it gutted in Committee to cover a different second amendment issue. So we do have some tacit support. We know it will be a multi year process to get this through. We are hoping that the 2019 will see a major shift in the house so we can possibly get passage there in 2020 or 2021 then keep the pressure up on the senate.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Last year we had a couple people sponsor separate bills but the first one was withdrawn as part of a deal to give another less controversial bill a fair shot. The second person to take it on saw it gutted in Committee to cover a different second amendment issue. So we do have some tacit support. We know it will be a multi year process to get this through. We are hoping that the 2019 will see a major shift in the house so we can possibly get passage there in 2020 or 2021 then keep the pressure up on the senate.
    Have you pinged this off of Dan zelenka any ? He would have more wisdom that most anyone on timing of it and what it takes ?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge

Sorry, but if a member of the cleaning crew saw a firearm on the waistband of someone to educate students, a firearm that was reportedly next to a badge, and still called in the alert, I would think given the heightened atmosphere may create more of a panic if there are empty holsters.

"Where are their guns?"

"They hid the guns."

"Oh my god someone call the cops."

I support the movement, but right now, I don't see this ending very well.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    Sorry, but if a member of the cleaning crew saw a firearm on the waistband of someone to educate students, a firearm that was reportedly next to a badge, and still called in the alert, I would think given the heightened atmosphere may create more of a panic if there are empty holsters.

"Where are their guns?"

"They hid the guns."

"Oh my god someone call the cops."

I support the movement, but right now, I don't see this ending very well.

If the cleaning person saw the cop from behind they wouldn’t see the badge. Also, if it were legal alerts wouldn’t be sent out because of a call about a holstered firearm. People would additionally be made aware that it is legal preventing calls and more people would be doing it normalizing it and thereby reducing panic. People don’t freak out about a holstered pistol in Walmart when they see it and the same would occur at universities.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I wasn't actually advocating for empty holsters ... I don't like that approach since it broadcasts "THE PEOPLE HERE WOULD NORMALLY BE ARMED BY ARE CURRENTLY UNARMED."

And I don't really care if there's politicians behind this or not. The point isn't to strike when everyone is primed and ready to support this ... the point is to get the word out and get people talking about it, and to show the politicians that there *are* people that care about this stuff. Make them uncomfortable when they side with the bureaucrats and the appointed police chiefs. And, if they actually crawl out of their rat holes, be prepared to ask why they are disarming adults in the so-called name of safety.

Of course, they'll say that college-aged kids are too young and irresponsible, to which we respond that it was college-aged men that stormed the beaches of Normandy in 1944 and fought back the Germans. These are the sorts of questions that need to be anticipated, and quick answers returned (especially if the media is anywhere within earshot).

This should all be done by responsible looking people (meaning well-dressed and well-groomed) who can present the image that armed people are moral and upstanding people, and that they're right here on campus (minus their guns, of course, because of laws designed to protect criminals).

Get enough people out there and the media will start to pay attention. And when they do, the group has to be prepared to go on the offensive because the media will try to twist this any way they can. That said, one might argue that all news is good news, and if it gets the lefties knotted up, then so much the better.

Mike

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    This should all be done by responsible looking people (meaning well-dressed and well-groomed) who can present the image that armed people are moral and upstanding people, and that they're right here on campus (minus their guns, of course, because of laws designed to protect criminals).

That's the problem - the well-dressed, well-groomed people aren't the people who will show up to an event like this. They never do.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    If the cleaning person saw the cop from behind they wouldn’t see the badge. Also, if it were legal alerts wouldn’t be sent out because of a call about a holstered firearm. People would additionally be made aware that it is legal preventing calls and more people would be doing it normalizing it and thereby reducing panic. People don’t freak out about a holstered pistol in Walmart when they see it and the same would occur at universities.
    Props man. Hope you get the support you deserve. People that cringe and doubt, especially pro gun people, should take a lesson from you instead of accepting the problem. Accepting your rights becoming taboo is not going to help retain your rights. A head buried in the sand is just one step less than opposition. Gun free zones.. 1st amendment zones... people afraid to wear MAGA hats... ever wonder how any of that happened?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Correct

It just sucks that most of the guys who want to "exercise muh rites" look like fat gamers who are just trying to play a real-life version of Call of Duty. Most look like they are just trying to use their guns to get the attention that they don't get elsewhere in life. The guys who carry for protection who are well dressed and in shape go by unnoticed or people immediately think they are cops and forget they existed a few minutes later.

Top Bottom