Rifle Ranges in New Orleans area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Not much around the city have to leave for a decent (legal) rifle range. MCTA in the Stennis area is the best within reason.

DWT

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    Coast Rifle and Pistol Club is the closest full service range, offering rifle, pistol, trap, and skeet facilities. Open 7 days/week, 365 days/year, 8am-6pm. I've been a member for 6 years and love it. Membership is $200/yr. plus a onetime $200.00 initiation fee.

Yankchef

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 21, 2017
    New Orleans
    Not much around the city have to leave for a decent (legal) rifle range. MCTA in the Stennis area is the best within reason.
    Mcta has very limited hours if you are not a member, their membership is affordable and u can literally shoot 24/7 as a member but it's a good hour or more from nola.
    Honey island shooting range is about 45 minutes and only 6 bucks to get in but also has very limited hours Fri-sun.

Sent from my H8266 using Tapatalk

miscverb

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 23, 2016
    Destrehan LA
    FTS in larose/cut off area is the best and closest to new orleans. a little drive from nola, but well worth it. 935 yards, steel targets, good benches, tower to shoot from, etc. great place and worth the drive

Evil Zim

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    I recently tried the range at Honey Island Swamp. Pros: well run with plenty of range masters and pretty darn cheap. Cons: much longer trip than I would normally want to make and pretty busy, although wait for rifle range was not bad, and pretty fast for pistol range. However, in light of distance,?pistol stuff will be done in indoor ranges closer to home

cdaniel76

Honey Island Range Ofcr.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 12, 2011
    Covington, LA
    I recently tried the range at Honey Island Swamp. Pros: well run with plenty of range masters and pretty darn cheap. Cons: much longer trip than I would normally want to make and pretty busy, although wait for rifle range was not bad, and pretty fast for pistol range. However, in light of distance,?pistol stuff will be done in indoor ranges closer to home

Thank you for taking the trip out to shoot with us at Honey Island. We are a bit of a drive for almost anyone, but I feel we make up for that in value by only charging $6/day and offering a clean, safely run outdoor range for shooters to come enjoy our sport.

If it was the weekend after Christmas that you came out, that's our most busy weekend of the year. Everyone wants to come out and play with their shiney new toys! Hahaha!

I worked the pistol line that Friday and the rifle and shotgun lines had a waiting queue for nearly the entire day while the pistol line was packed nearly to full all day. Although it's usually pretty busy just before and during hunting season, we very rarely are so jam packed that we have a waiting queue on any of our lines.

We are adding another set of metal plates for pistol shooting at the pistol line soon so that should help get more shooters in and out faster since there will be no wait to have to put out paper targets if you're just coming to sling some lead at metal.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom