Join BayouShooter For Free
Cajun Ammo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Where's the link bruh,We would like to see what your talking about plz!
    Really thinking the video he saw was .30 carbine round nose bullets loaded into .300 BLK cases.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by andysteb View Post
    Really thinking the video he saw was .30 carbine round nose bullets loaded into .300 BLK cases.
    I've heard of that.....Never seen who,what,or where, Who would do that?
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

My question is why? On all accounts why?

Why would you intentionally load a round that doesn’t fit in a rifle?

Why build a rifle in a cartridge that is not commonly stocked or used?

But since it’s not my Gun, my money, or my safety. Have fun.

I’m not opposed to the idea of building an ar in this cartridge, but there are so many better choices.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by horse727 View Post
    He's shooting the round nose boolits normally use in .30 Carbine loaded in .300 Blackout cases. .30 Carbine cartridges can not be fired in a Blackout chamber.
    Doug

If you do what your enemy expects, you will die.

Keytruda came, saw, and kicked my cancers ass!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by horse727 View Post
    Hi I want to build a 30 caliber carbine in an AR15 format. Anyone knows who build the barrel in that caliber?
    Select the ammo round that you want based on what you want to do with it. Most that I've talked to about hunting with an AR like to have at least a round that's around 30 Caliber. .223 and 5.56 are too small.
    Some choices that fit on the AR frame are 300 Blackout and 6.5 Grendel. There may be a 7.62 as well, but based on trajectories, you'd be better off with the two mentioned. Then you need to find a barrel that has a chamber machined precisely for the ammo that you want to use. The casing and bullet size and shape fit within the chamber correctly and allow the bolt to close in a precise manner. That's called headspace. Each type of ammo has associated go/no go headspace gauges to check this precise fit.
    There are also larger diameter rounds that fit in the AR15 frame as well. One benefit of the 300 blackout is that it uses the same BCG as the 5.56. The only change is the barrel.

WHO DAT!