New to the site. Looking for a good compact double stack.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jljones90

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2019
    Houma, Lousiana
    Have had many compacts but currently looking for a good double stack. Can’t decide between a G26 of the Sig P325. I have had a G26, what are y’alls thoughts on the P325?

JB-Glock21

Old School
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Welcome! Check out the pocket sledge hammer......Glock G30SF...."when you absolutely, positively gotta.........."

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Have had many compacts but currently looking for a good double stack. Can’t decide between a G26 of the Sig P325. I have had a G26, what are y’alls thoughts on the P325?

Not familiar with the P325 but many guys/gals I know now carry the P365 and love them (including me). Early guns had a brittle firing pin problem but current models seem to be GTG.
    10-15 round mags available plus one in the chamber, good trigger and quite small. Standard night sights. I have carried (concealed) G26/27/30S/19's and S&W 638/442/642's but now only carry the P365.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I have to say the market has a ton out there.
    I grabbed a new in box from a dealer HK VpP9 with nights andc3 mags for $625.00 and $25 FLL Fee.
    I liked that it fit well with the changeable panels .
    And has a great trigger out the box
    I wonder if I should have gotten the mid size instead. As I got mine before they made them As they were brand new then.
    oh and Welcame to the Board .

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The Glock 26 is the standard bearer for good reason ... it has been around forever and it goes bang every time. Of the options discussed I'd go with that hands-down.

The P365 is the new kid on the block, and while it appears to be a good gun it doesn't have the longevity and "road hardening" that the G26 does. I haven't torn a P365 apart yet, but if the fire control group is as complex as the P320 then I'd also be wary of its additional complexity.

Mike

Freek589

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 15, 2019
    Denham springs
    I have the Sig p320 M17. In no way is this an easily concealable firearm but they have compact and carry models that are excellent. You could even step down to the P365 or 365XL. I have the 365 and love it for aiwb or throwing it in my pocket. Holds 12+1 and the XL can go as many as 15+1

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    Welcome aboard from NOLA!
    i have had a Glock 23, and a Glock 27, both gen 3, both felt like a 2x4, never really liked the 40 cal. Mine was the 23, sons was the 27, we got them to try the 40.

i got the 9mm conversion, liked them better, but still 2x4 feel. The gen 4 was better, the gen 5 better still G19, G26, haven’t owned either.

Love the the idea of the P365, wantto love the gun, just feels too small in my hand. My Kahr CM9 feels much better. Thinking front to back of the grip is why.

Traded my G23 for a Sig P320C, with safety. I really, really like this pistol. It conceals very well in AIWB, and I shoot it very well, it’s a keeper for sure. 15 + 1 night sites are awesome, standard setup is perfect. I did swap the grip for the small grip frame. Still compact size tho. Don’t like the SC.

said all that to say, I actually like the Glock 43x just as much, and feel better with a Glock, worried about the drop issues the P320 had, and the quality issues and feel in my hand of the P365.

You just have to get what is what is right for you, feel in the hand, shootability for you, and peace of mind it will work when you need it to.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Welcome aboard from NOLA!

Traded my G23 for a Sig P320C, with safety. I really, really like this pistol. It conceals very well in AIWB, and I shoot it very well, it’s a keeper for sure. 15 + 1 night sites are awesome, standard setup is perfect. I did swap the grip for the small grip frame. Still compact size tho. Don’t like the SC.

You are brave to carry a Sig P320 AIWB over your manhood.

Boomer453

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2019
    Many, louisiana
    Not a glock fan but that's what I prefer. As butt ugly as they are my G27 just plain shoots amazing for me. It fits my hand well and naturally points where I'm looking.
    I went through 5 different pistols trying to find the ccw that works best for me and the 27 is it.

All thatto tell you this. The best handgun is the one that you have the most confidence with. Glock has a very well deserved reputation.

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    The Glock 26 is the standard bearer for good reason ... it has been around forever and it goes bang every time. Of the options discussed I'd go with that hands-down.

The P365 is the new kid on the block, and while it appears to be a good gun it doesn't have the longevity and "road hardening" that the G26 does. I haven't torn a P365 apart yet, but if the fire control group is as complex as the P320 then I'd also be wary of its additional complexity.

Mike

This is well said. I have another vote for a Glock 26. It has never failed me.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom