What is your most useless firearm?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    What is/was your most useless firearm?

Mine was a MAC 11 9mm pistol. It was in a sales flyer from the manufacturer back when I had a FFL and the cost was only $165 so I bought it. It had the standard threaded muzzle, a pop-bottle/cleaning patch trap adapter, 32 round mag, and even a front hanger strap. (for those old enough to remember - John Wayne with his MAC 10 in the movie McQ probably was a factor in my buying decision)

Once I got it I realized there was no real way to carry it except always in your hand or a bag. Tried a sling but the sling mounting points were the front and rear sights so obscured the sights. That was a moot point however because the top mounted charging handle which was between the front and rear sights also blocked the sights. No sights = spray and pray. The 32 round magazine made it even larger and harder to carry. It was irresistable to just keep pulling the trigger but at almost a box of 9mm per magazine and no sights the result was just a bunch of bangs which grew old quickly. Since I was more interested in hitting targets I quickly got rid of it. File photo:

COBRAY-M11.jpg

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    This is so embarrassing, but I once owned one of these:
    File Photo:
    4oiuk2d2keaqhp6cd3e.jpg

32 Auto

Purchased it when I was in my early 20’s and broke. Got rid of it after I shot an old 2 gallon galvanized sprayer from 12’ away and the round bounced back and hit my arm. The bullet did not leave a mark on me or much of a dent in the sprayer either.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Well I don’t own any goofy or gemicky guns, but I do own a TC 50cal in-line muzzleloader. It’s all but irrelevant for me, because it’s Only useful for hunting and since the single-shot rules went into effect it’s just not worth dragging it out the closet.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    My K98 it needs a new barrel as was fired with a,squib. Did get a like New take off.
    One day I will get it swapped.
    Could not find any locals.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    There's a few strong contenders ... a Canadian Ross rifle chambered in .280 Ross (an obsolete and impossible to find bullet), a Cooey bolt rifle chambered in the similarly obscure .25 Stevens round, and a Remington Model 14 chambered in .35 Remington. The latter is actually a great round, but the pump action mechanism (which was state of the art a hundred years ago) is an absolute clusterf*ck of complicated engineering.

But the title goes to my FIE Titan in .25 ACP. It's about the size of my wallet and made of that delightful pot metal that inspires zero confidence.

Mike

BrandonPle

Gunlover
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Watson
    Hi-pernt 995 .
    It was inherited , so quit judging me !!
    Only good thing about it is .....
    Ok well I can't think of anything good at the moment.
    2nd place goes to the taurus judge , which I can actually shoot rats and snakes with but that's about the only thing it's good for .

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    This is fun, but that's pretty much it's only redeeming factor. Golf ball size bore. This is what it did to a one gallon can full of water!

FORE!

Attachments

• IMG_20180927_092823001.jpg
      IMG_20180927_092823001.jpg
      226.9 KB · Views: 90
    • IMG_20180927_170701331.jpg
      IMG_20180927_170701331.jpg
      238.6 KB · Views: 108
    Last edited:

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Mine is an old .410 bolt action mag fed (3 round) shotgun that a buddy found in the closet of a house I lived in college (previous tenants moved to Canada and left it apparently). I’ve fired a couple of rounds to confirm function, but overall useless for my use. My nephew liked shooting it. Maybe will pass it on to my some someday...

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    I once bought a Bryco/Jennings .380 (larger frame, single stack, 7 round) to keep in my car instead of my more expensive Beretta, but the firing pin broke while shooting one day, and a case also stuck in the chamber, so I lost all confidence in it. When calling to order a replacement firing pin, they went ahead and sent me two for free, which assured me they expected one to break again soon.

When I married, my wife, who had little experience with or knowledge of guns, had a Bryco/Jennings .380 (smaller frame, 6 round) that she had bought when commuting into the city. Despite the above experience, I gave it a try, but every other round or so, the slide would hang up out of battery, and there appeared to be a crack in one spot (kind of a contour groove on the slide) that I could not tell if it was an actual crack or just a flaw at the point in the chrome plating. Took not chances and sidelined it, told my new wife that I'd get her something better.

I decided to try to get something out of them, and took them to a local pawn shop where I was offered $20 and $19 just from a book number, while they had one of the same as my wife's in their case for $119. "That's all we can offer because we don't know if they'll work." Well, I'd use them as a fishing weight before I took that little for them from someone who was then going to bump up $100 each, but instead I ended up donating to our police academy for deactivation and use as "red guns." I've also passed them a blown-chamber Raven .25 that a family member who had been a Causeway officer back in the day didn't know what to do with, and a Charter Arms .38 that was found in my father-in-law's garage after he passed, pulling the trigger turned the cylinder once every three or four tries with the right wiggling.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    The Hi Pernt makes a great paperweight... or when the riots come give it to that neighbor you don't really like....

I have a .38 s&w (IIRC, its not .38 special) iver johnson 'suicide special' that went through Katrina and still sitting in break free.

Markmmg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    I have a single shot 12 ga crack barrel shotgun with a full choke. It is lightweight and pounds your shoulder. I have not shot it in years.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom