Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    Gunlover

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Hi-pernt 995 .
    It was inherited , so quit judging me !!
    Only good thing about it is .....
    Ok well I can't think of anything good at the moment.
    2nd place goes to the taurus judge , which I can actually shoot rats and snakes with but that's about the only thing it's good for .

Marksman

User Info Menu

This is fun, but that's pretty much it's only redeeming factor. Golf ball size bore. This is what it did to a one gallon can full of water!

FORE!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180927_170701331.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	246.0 KB 
ID:	88443   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180927_092823001.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	241.7 KB 
ID:	88442  
    Last edited by dougstump; August 30th, 2019 at 08:18 PM.
    Doug

If you do what your enemy expects, you will die.

Keytruda came, saw, and kicked my cancers ass!

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

Tough choice.

This

Or this

Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Mine is an old .410 bolt action mag fed (3 round) shotgun that a buddy found in the closet of a house I lived in college (previous tenants moved to Canada and left it apparently). I’ve fired a couple of rounds to confirm function, but overall useless for my use. My nephew liked shooting it. Maybe will pass it on to my some someday...

LEO

User Info Menu

I once bought a Bryco/Jennings .380 (larger frame, single stack, 7 round) to keep in my car instead of my more expensive Beretta, but the firing pin broke while shooting one day, and a case also stuck in the chamber, so I lost all confidence in it. When calling to order a replacement firing pin, they went ahead and sent me two for free, which assured me they expected one to break again soon.

When I married, my wife, who had little experience with or knowledge of guns, had a Bryco/Jennings .380 (smaller frame, 6 round) that she had bought when commuting into the city. Despite the above experience, I gave it a try, but every other round or so, the slide would hang up out of battery, and there appeared to be a crack in one spot (kind of a contour groove on the slide) that I could not tell if it was an actual crack or just a flaw at the point in the chrome plating. Took not chances and sidelined it, told my new wife that I'd get her something better.

I decided to try to get something out of them, and took them to a local pawn shop where I was offered $20 and $19 just from a book number, while they had one of the same as my wife's in their case for $119. "That's all we can offer because we don't know if they'll work." Well, I'd use them as a fishing weight before I took that little for them from someone who was then going to bump up $100 each, but instead I ended up donating to our police academy for deactivation and use as "red guns." I've also passed them a blown-chamber Raven .25 that a family member who had been a Causeway officer back in the day didn't know what to do with, and a Charter Arms .38 that was found in my father-in-law's garage after he passed, pulling the trigger turned the cylinder once every three or four tries with the right wiggling.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KDerekT83 View Post
    A snake charmer .410 single shot. I have completely 0 use for it, but it was my dad's and he left it to me so......
    Those things STING the ever living crap out of you.. Don't know the thinking of a skeleton stock but its painful
    Be Prepared!! Exsisto Paratus

Molon labe!! Come and get them!

Marksman

User Info Menu

A Beretta model 950 BS 22 short semi auto pistol.
    Last edited by buttanic; August 31st, 2019 at 08:32 AM.
    Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool
    Everyone is brave until the roach flies

oldbie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

The Hi Pernt makes a great paperweight... or when the riots come give it to that neighbor you don't really like....

I have a .38 s&w (IIRC, its not .38 special) iver johnson 'suicide special' that went through Katrina and still sitting in break free.
    "Be water, my friend..."

On Target

User Info Menu

I have a single shot 12 ga crack barrel shotgun with a full choke. It is lightweight and pounds your shoulder. I have not shot it in years.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Any one that is unloaded......