Nevada college student arrested on campus with rifle, 2,000 rounds of ammunition

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Why are colleges considered schools, for the purpose of weapons restrictions, when 99.9% of the people on the campus are adults? I guess they don't consider 18 year olds "adult" enough?

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Why are colleges considered schools, for the purpose of weapons restrictions, when 99.9% of the people on the campus are adults? I guess they don't consider 18-year-olds "adult" enough?

I think the story says he was 27 or so without looking. And I agree
    Way back when I dated a gal who went to PRC in Miss. I had a place here and there. and I always had a gun in the car as traveled from Metairie to Poplarville.
    The only thing that happened was they took my bullets away since there was Cop Killer type. They thought I had drugs in car or booze as I was always coming in from La. to a dry county. Probable Cause they always said.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Why are colleges considered schools, for the purpose of weapons restrictions, when 99.9% of the people on the campus are adults? I guess they don't consider 18 year olds "adult" enough?

Old enough to own a firearm? They think he's 3 years too young. Old enough to vote? They think he should have been voting for 3 years by then.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    "A Nevada college student was arrested on campus after police found a rifle and 2,000 rounds of ammunition in his vehicle."

I guess a car is not an extension of your home in Nevada like it is here in Louisiana. :dogkeke:

"No one was hurt and there was no immediate threat to others on campus, the college said."

I can't imagine any reasonable person viewing a weapon sitting in a locked car could see it as an immediate threat.

"If you see something suspicious, report it to the police immediately."

Pro 2A advocates could call in a tip when anyone is seen exercising their constitutional rights. Peaceful assembly, free speech, freedom of religion.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I wonder how people knew he had a rifle and 2k rounds in his car?

Seems like a bad idea to leave that in plain view...and to tell people about it if it's not.

Play stupid games - win stupid prizes.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Old enough to own a firearm? They think he's 3 years too young. Old enough to vote? They think he should have been voting for 3 years by then.
    Yeah I’ve lamented this variable line of adulthood for years. What always gets to me is that 18 is the perfect age to get shipped out to some Sh!thole country (Presidential term) to ‘share’ our values with mentally deficient scumbags who like to rape little boys. And Allah forbid one of our young men (who thought they were signing up to protect those who can’t protect themselves) beats the living hell out of one of those scumbags.

Sorry if this is too jaded for some of you guys. Guess I forgot to take my psych meds. Whoops guess I’ll have to give up my guns too now.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    And to the point of guns on a college campus:
    Its because college campuses are run by the same type douche-nozzles that run the public school systems. They can’t handle kids armed with original thoughts so how in the hell could you expect them to handle their students being armed with gats.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Sounds like he was planning a range trip after class.
    But like someone else said already, how did anyone know he had it in his car? I’m wondering why the article didn’t specify anything about the rifle. Makes me think it was a .22LR

People who can’t be responsible gun owners shouldn’t be gun owners. The actions of the irresponsible gun owner can set the rest of us back years and only helps the anti gunners in their quest to disarm a country.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Sounds like he was planning a range trip after class.
    But like someone else said already, how did anyone know he had it in his car?

People who can’t be responsible gun owners shouldn’t be gun owners. The actions of the irresponsible gun owner can set the rest of us back years and only helps the anti gunners in their quest to disarm a country.

A right is a right you don’t lose a right because you’re stupid. Unless of course your stupidity lands you a felony charge.

But don’t get me wrong either this guy is an idiot and can’t shut his trap or he’s an idiot and left his stuff for everyone to see. Either way he’s going to suffer the consequences of being a dumb@$$.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom