Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Info Menu

Thoughts on the Desert Eagle 50AE?

Any thoughts on the desert eagle? It was suggested to me that a 10mm would be just as much fun to shoot and cheaper ammo.

All or nothing

User Info Menu

I have a couple in 44mag and like them just fine. For $500 I could buy the .50 barrel and 2 mag conversion kit but have no desire to do so mostly due to the difference in ammo cost and availability. I also have a few pistols in .22LR that I wouldn’t want in any other caliber. I’m just an oddball and nobody should listen to me.
    .44 mag ammo can be had for around 50-70 cents per round. Not sure what .50AE is going for but it’s more than that.
    Last edited by Magdump; September 2nd, 2019 at 08:47 PM.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it———
    Bangswitch

enthusiast

User Info Menu

Cool conversation piece, but ammo is expensive to shoot.
    Stephen

Marksman

User Info Menu

Too big, too heavy, too expensive, ammo too expensive, and too hard to carry. I just wish I had the money to buy one.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

Marksman

User Info Menu

If you are a reloader, why have any other caliber DE?
    I dont have one, but there’s one on the medium short list of need to haves.
    Why .45? Because they don't make a .46!

Marksman

User Info Menu

When your mag goes empty, you can always use it as a club.
    "Your" does not equal "You're", the contraction for "You are".

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/misspelling

Privateer

User Info Menu

Here is a video on 10mm vs .45. I already have a .50AE. I wanted a 10mm for a long time. After watching this video I have cooled on the 10mm. The .50AE is a blast to shoot. Watch some of the high speed camera vids of the AE. That being said everybody should buy/own what they want. We do it with houses, cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Why not guns?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBkjdutVmFA

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I can think of no practical reason to own a Desert Eagle. That wouldn't stop me from owning one.

(That said, this is the kind of gun that I'd buy with resale in mind, knowing that I'd probably shoot it a half-dozen times and then flip it for something else.)

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Novelty. Which of course is not to say I wouldn't take one if someone gave it to me... or I won it... but I wouldn't spend my money on it.
    Last edited by kingfhb; September 3rd, 2019 at 08:48 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Why would anyone own a Desert Eagles?

As my two year old would say ‘cause why’. (Because no one stopped him)

Own it if you like it. It’s not something I care to own, but if we were shooting together I would want to shoot it a couple times. Kind of like the boat vs friend with a boat debate.

If it tickles your pickle enjoy your freedom while we still have it.