No more open carry at Walmart

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    By and large, people who open carry are boneheads seeking to provoke a response.... why would anyone want to announce they are carrying

I don’t think that’s entirely true. There are enough boneheads OCing (job requirements excluded) to likely be a majority, but I wouldn’t say most of them are looking for attention. Too many are, but that could be one as far as I’m concerned.

The boneheaded stuff for me is crappy holster, crappy gun, no holster, poor location, no awareness of their surroundings. All that before I address physical appearance (which I’ll skip).

But the boneheaded behavior isn’t exclusive to the OC crowd. It’s a smaller portion but the CC crowd as a few idiots as well. I have a good friend, his uncle had a CHP long before I ever considered carrying as a daily behavior. We went somewhere together once and he was concealing a S&W Sigma 9mm. It was the full size. So naturally I’m thinking oh boy is that a gun under your shirt or are you happy to see me. Then we proceed into a store together where it falls out of his pants and hits the floor. Well as you could imagine I made a bee line for the door, and I avoided going places with him after that.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I don’t think that’s entirely true. There are enough boneheads OCing (job requirements excluded) to likely be a majority, but I wouldn’t say most of them are looking for attention. Too many are, but that could be one as far as I’m concerned.

The boneheaded stuff for me is crappy holster, crappy gun, no holster, poor location, no awareness of their surroundings. All that before I address physical appearance (which I’ll skip).

But the boneheaded behavior isn’t exclusive to the OC crowd. It’s a smaller portion but the CC crowd as a few idiots as well. I have a good friend, his uncle had a CHP long before I ever considered carrying as a daily behavior. We went somewhere together once and he was concealing a S&W Sigma 9mm. It was the full size. So naturally I’m thinking oh boy is that a gun under your shirt or are you happy to see me. Then we proceed into a store together where it falls out of his pants and hits the floor. Well as you could imagine I made a bee line for the door, and I avoided going places with him after that.

Good thing was you didn’t have to worry about a ND. Those things had what felt like a 20 pound trigger pull. ;)

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Make up your mind lady. Specific words or paraphrasing? You made an awful big deal about my lack of correct terminology but can’t stick to what I say. You say things that I didn’t say, yet you say that I said them, now you quote what I actually said to prove my point and still you don’t get it. Double standard much?

Sorry, seems we quickly reached the peak of your intellectual capacity and ability to display intellectual integrity.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Sorry, seems we quickly reached the peak of your intellectual capacity and ability to display intellectual integrity.

I think you’re lost homey. This is a gun forum, not a psych ward.
    Time to click the ignore button. Sorry to deprive you of your....whatever it is, but this will be better for everyone here

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom