Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Seriously Misunderstood!

    User Info Menu

    How a Small Scale Civl War Might Look and Get Started.(History Lesson)

    Last night I happened upon a documentary called the "The Mine Wars" on Frontline (PBS). I read the summary: The story of the largest US insurrection since the Civil War.

    I never knew what this event was?!? Never heard of it! I was intrigued so I watched.

    I encourage all of you to give it a look. It is stunning that in 1920 (55 years after the end of the Civil War), we had thousands of Americans facing off with guns (and shooting each other), in West Virginia coal mining country. What is most intriguing is how it got started. Corporate profits, labor disputes, corrupt politicians, corrupt leaders, etc., but then it began to look like what a tyrannical government gun confiscation scheme or the eradication of Constitutional Rights may look like.

    I won't spoil it, and you should all watch it; but at the very least you firearms brethren should read about this event and the things that led to it. It's both scary and enlightening.

    It may also allow you to understand why West Virginia and the Appalachians are such a mess to this day. These fellow "Americans" were beaten down and treated like dog sh*t.

    You won't regret the hour invested!
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

  2. #2
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    Last night I happened upon a documentary called the "The Mine Wars" on Frontline (PBS). I read the summary: The story of the largest US insurrection since the Civil War.

    I never knew what this event was?!? Never heard of it! I was intrigued so I watched.

    I encourage all of you to give it a look. It is stunning that in 1920 (55 years after the end of the Civil War), we had thousands of Americans facing off with guns (and shooting each other), in West Virginia coal mining country. What is most intriguing is how it got started. Corporate profits, labor disputes, corrupt politicians, corrupt leaders, etc., but then it began to look like what a tyrannical government gun confiscation scheme or the eradication of Constitutional Rights may look like.

    I won't spoil it, and you should all watch it; but at the very least you firearms brethren should read about this event and the things that led to it. It's both scary and enlightening.

    It may also allow you to understand why West Virginia and the Appalachians are such a mess to this day. These fellow "Americans" were beaten down and treated like dog sh*t.

    You won't regret the hour invested!
    I believe this point in history was when the term red-neck was coined. The miners all wore red bandannas on their neck if I’m remembering my history.

    Freedom is a moral cause but only the moral can hold it. What took place across most labor industries with the wealthy elite treating their employees like dogs is what forged the unions. The same type of elitist have co-oped the unions and use the rank and file as their meal ticket.

    You can look back throughout history and see the oppressive and perverse amass power and wealth and eventually forceful defiance often lawless behavior is required to correct it. Whoever said violence doesn’t solve anything is a dumb@$$.
    Last edited by Bangswitch; September 4th, 2019 at 12:02 PM.

  3. #3
    All or nothing

    User Info Menu

    part of why the corporate machine had any success in those times was the whole incident and area and people were practically cut off from the rest of the nation. Much of what happened during that bloody time could easily be covered up, hidden from the rest of the world. Almost like a foreign Stone Age country being overrun, exploited, enslaved. Only thing that comes close nowadays are the BLM land grabs as of late.
    I could see government spark off conflict here and there but if there’s ever another civil war in the US it will be for much the same reason as the first. Tyrannical Federal government sticking their nose where it don’t belong, overreaching and using force to take over people’s lives and private property. Taking the money, guns, rights, etc of the populous. Make no mistake, it will not simply be between two factions of the populous. It will be between the populous and the government.
    Last edited by Magdump; September 4th, 2019 at 04:30 PM.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

    and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it———
    Bangswitch

  4. #4
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool
    Everyone is brave until the roach flies

  5. #5
    Long live the 10mm

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    Last night I happened upon a documentary called the "The Mine Wars" on Frontline (PBS). I read the summary: The story of the largest US insurrection since the Civil War.

    I never knew what this event was?!? Never heard of it! I was intrigued so I watched.

    I encourage all of you to give it a look. It is stunning that in 1920 (55 years after the end of the Civil War), we had thousands of Americans facing off with guns (and shooting each other), in West Virginia coal mining country. What is most intriguing is how it got started. Corporate profits, labor disputes, corrupt politicians, corrupt leaders, etc., but then it began to look like what a tyrannical government gun confiscation scheme or the eradication of Constitutional Rights may look like.

    I won't spoil it, and you should all watch it; but at the very least you firearms brethren should read about this event and the things that led to it. It's both scary and enlightening.

    It may also allow you to understand why West Virginia and the Appalachians are such a mess to this day. These fellow "Americans" were beaten down and treated like dog sh*t.

    You won't regret the hour invested!
    https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexp...s/theminewars/

  6. #6
    Seriously Misunderstood!

    User Info Menu

    I hope Some of you got a chance to check it out.

    I cited it because if you put it in the context of say, government over reach; eg. being forced by fiat, to turn in guns, or magazines; or law abiding gun owners systematically being targeted by government officials or jailed, or worse, then you could see how enough people could amass from distances to revolt against the actions of tyranny by armed force.

    Now, that being said; these miners were willing to lay down their lives for this cause. I mean, knowing you were going to war with fellow Americans with the intent to shoot them, could not have been an easy decision. And this was over a labor dispute initially. Of course, the mine owners and the thugs they had in their back pockets started pushing the workers into corners, and actually jailing them and killing them, so the insurrection was probably warranted. But to mobilize (or have gather), 3-5000 armed people from other parts of the country to assist your cause and also be willing to die for it too, is pretty amazing.

    So ask yourselves; what would it take for you?
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

  7. #7
    ESSAYONS

    User Info Menu

    As an exercise, let's try to do a little hypothetical thinking. Let's say President Ocasio-Cortez signs into law a bill establishing a 6 month "buy back" program. After that program expires, all semi-auto rifles would be illegal. The bill has no grandfather clause. Who enforces this federal law?

  8. #8
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    As an exercise, let's try to do a little hypothetical thinking. Let's say President Ocasio-Cortez signs into law a bill establishing a 6 month "buy back" program. After that program expires, all semi-auto rifles would be illegal. The bill has no grandfather clause. Who enforces this federal law?
    The Alphabet agencies, and all state and local authorities unwilling to stand on principle and fight the federal overreach.

    The question is who doesn’t enforce that law. And how do you find out before it’s too late.

  9. #9
    ESSAYONS

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    The Alphabet agencies, and all state and local authorities unwilling to stand on principle and fight the federal overreach.

    The question is who doesn’t enforce that law. And how do you find out before it’s too late.
    "The Federal Government may neither issue directives requiring the States to address particular problems, nor command the State's officers, or those of their political subdivisions, to administer or enforce a federal regulatory program."
    Printz v. United States (1997)

    They wouldn't have to stand on principle. They have the law behind them.

  10. #10
    -Global Mod-

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    As an exercise, let's try to do a little hypothetical thinking. Let's say President Ocasio-Cortez signs into law a bill establishing a 6 month "buy back" program. After that program expires, all semi-auto rifles would be illegal. The bill has no grandfather clause. Who enforces this federal law?
    I had a boat sink. And the rest.

    My Dog Eat them would you like to sift the poop?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •