Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Fusilier Complex Members: IMPORTANT: Please Read

All members of The Fusilier Complex, please be aware that the Annual Meeting is Friday, Sept 6 at the Evangeline Shriners Club at 328 Guilbeau Road, Lafayette, La.
    *so what’s so important about THIS year’s annual meeting? Well, every 5 years, elections are held for the officers that run this facility. The elections are this year! *
    More importantly, this is the first time in over 20 years that current Board Members/officers running the club actually have another member competing for their positions in an election (President, VP, Secretary, & Treasurer)....and they’re wanting to make some positive changes.

If you’d like to help in making positive changes in YOUR shooting range, I ask that you make the meeting on Sept 6.
    If anyone has questions, feel free to DM me.

Thanks
    Last edited by Log Island; August 24th, 2019 at 02:43 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Last edited by Log Island; August 15th, 2019 at 05:19 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Marksman

User Info Menu

Bump

Marksman

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I'm excited to hear this. We have needed a "long range" range in Acadiana for a long time.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cb8180 View Post
    I'm excited to hear this. We have needed a "long range" range in Acadiana for a long time.
    If that's what the members want, then yes, the Fusilier Complex should build it. They've done surveys on interest, and a high percent of members being interested has already been confirmed.
    They should also do what they said they would do, and seek input from members that want be involved in its design and development(those that have experience in shooting different disciplines of shooting long range)....and then propose that to the membership. That's unfortunately not how they operate.
    But I'm very confident that the folks challenging the current Board at the election that's being held on the 6th WILL actually do that....
    Last edited by Log Island; August 18th, 2019 at 07:40 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Log Island View Post
    If that's what the members want, then yes, the Fusilier Complex should build it. They've done surveys on interest, and a high percent of members being interested has already been confirmed.
    They should also do what they said they would do, and seek input from members that want be involved in its design and development(those that have experience in shooting different disciplines of shooting long range)....and then propose that to the membership. That's unfortunately not how they operate.
    But I'm very confident that the folks challenging the current Board at the election that's being held on the 6th WILL actually do that....
    What??? Iv'e been hearing at least since 2007...We gonna put in a 1000yd range !!! and its still not happening from my understanding?
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    What??? Iv'e been hearing at least since 2007...We gonna put in a 1000yd range !!! and its still not happening from my understanding?
    Don't know what distance it will be. It would seem the existing Board, actually the 2 that make the calls,(Pres and VP) have been dead set that IF one would be built,(which they've fought against building for years...but it's an election year, so better play like you're appeasing the members that want one..) that it would not go beyond 600. They have no factual data to state why not more than 600...they just don't want it, and that's, that.
    The fellows that are running against them DO shoot long range, and they will design the range according to what the membership would like. (As long as it meets safety parameters, etc). If that's 600, 800, or 1K... it'll be what the membership would like to see...not what two individuals deem it to be...