Actor needing 'Shoot House'

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rivens81

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 11, 2018
    New Orleans Louisiana
    Hey guys, i'm an aspiring actor and all of my roles have been of the warrior type. I have a DELTA buddy who has been coaching me but I need to film a scene clearing rooms eliminating threats with my team. It's not for a production just for an action reel im putting together for my resume. Do ya'll know of anywhere I can go for this?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Hey guys, i'm an aspiring actor and all of my roles have been of the warrior type. I have a DELTA buddy who has been coaching me but I need to film a scene clearing rooms eliminating threats with my team. It's not for a production just for an action reel im putting together for my resume. Do ya'll know of anywhere I can go for this?

Try FRC in Baton Rouge. They have a very nice Shoot House setup where you can clear rooms and take various trainings. It's also already wired up with cameras that allow people to see what mistakes were made.

Also, I changed what you had in the title to "Shoot House" as it is a lot more PC than what you had ;)

Good luck in your acting career. Definitely a tough industry to jump into.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Thanks for the edit and advice bud!!

No problem.

I'll even dish out a little more advice:
    If you like guns and want to be an actor who frequently acts in roles with firearms, go get some real, formal training from reputable trainers. A lot of knowledge goes a long way. It'll be good for you as a person and you may be able to use it to your advantage on your resume in seeking future roles.

Rivens81

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 11, 2018
    New Orleans Louisiana
    Thanks bud! Prior to my guest star role in BET's Sacrifice (2020) i was learning the army special forces way of doing things (although i was acting as SWAT operator 1), and was drilled into me "slow is smooth and smooth is fast.." it's my understanding now that every outfit has different methods of training; SEAls are muzzle up, Delta hold the handguard from the top and never tuck in their BDU's to boots etc etc and need to learn them all. Reputable trainers absolutely! Ideally be proficient to the point of instinct. Will follow your advice bud! I'll be at the Force on Force course at FRC on the 29th! Thanks for that!

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Try FRC in Baton Rouge. They have a very nice Shoot House setup where you can clear rooms and take various trainings. It's also already wired up with cameras that allow people to see what mistakes were made.

Also, I changed what you had in the title to "Shoot House" as it is a lot more PC than what you had ;)

Good luck in your acting career. Definitely a tough industry to jump into.

FRC is a good rec. Not sure if it will fit the "look" of what you are goiung for, but they are good folks and could at least steer you in the right direction.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    FRC is a good choice and they have simunitions you can train with if you don't want to live-fire but want the closest possible thing.

Other than that... there is a paintball facility on Airline toward St. Rose past the airport behind the golf driving range... they have some structures setup.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    FRC is a good choice and they have simunitions you can train with if you don't want to live-fire but want the closest possible thing.

Other than that... there is a paintball facility on Airline toward St. Rose past the airport behind the golf driving range... they have some structures setup.

Have you been there? been meaning to check it out.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Have you been there? been meaning to check it out.

FRC or the Paintball facility?

Regular range time at FRC, but I have been wanting to do FRC's simunition "concealed carry situations". It's just getting back out to Baton Rouge is my issue! I hear it's better with a group.

I "fill in" as a range officer at Jefferson Indoor, so I get to practice there whenever I want. Its the extra things that FRC offers that I am interested in.

The Paintball facility... no. I drive past it every day and I can see the structures... But again... probably best with a group! lol.

I think if someone came up with a LASER facility, it would be great... kindof like Laser Tag with full metal blowback Airsoft firearms or something (airsoft blowback would shake the firearm enough to activate the laser units specifically available for Airsoft). One with a long narrow lane to do laser sight-ins of optics would be great too!

I have a laser virtual shooting range at my house... I use a software called "SHOOTOFF"... and basic laser ammo for pistols and rifles. Its open source and all it takes is a projector and camera. It even has moving targets... like steel that falls or a steel tree that moves from left to right... even makes a "DONG" sound when hit and you can setup scenes and scenarios as well.

PC, Projector and USB camera... (Screen if you want to be fancy) with laser ammo... and PRESTO! Indoor dryfire shooting range... no ads, no popups, no "pro version"... Works great!

I would suggest a good camera and non-reflective screen... oh and make sure the projector is your major light source. It takes some tweaking and time... but its an amazing way to practice.

In a pinch, I use "iTarget", "Drifire" or "iDryFire" for the iPhone... but they only really work well with close targets and unless you get the "PRO" version... its limited.

Last edited:

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    FRC or the Paintball facility?

Regular range time at FRC, but I have been wanting to do FRC's simunition "concealed carry situations". It's just getting back out to Baton Rouge is my issue! I hear it's better with a group.

I "fill in" as a range officer at Jefferson Indoor, so I get to practice there whenever I want. Its the extra things that FRC offers that I am interested in.

The Paintball facility... no. I drive past it every day and I can see the structures... But again... probably best with a group! lol.

I think if someone came up with a LASER facility, it would be great... kindof like Laser Tag with full metal blowback Airsoft firearms or something (airsoft blowback would shake the firearm enough to activate the laser units specifically available for Airsoft). One with a long narrow lane to do laser sight-ins of optics would be great too!

I have a laser virtual shooting range at my house... I use a software called "SHOOTOFF"... and basic laser ammo for pistols and rifles. Its open source and all it takes is a projector and camera. It even has moving targets... like steel that falls or a steel tree that moves from left to right... even makes a "DONG" sound when hit and you can setup scenes and scenarios as well.

PC, Projector and USB camera... (Screen if you want to be fancy) with laser ammo... and PRESTO! Indoor dryfire shooting range... no ads, no popups, no "pro version"... Works great!

I would suggest a good camera and non-reflective screen... oh and make sure the projector is your major light source. It takes some tweaking and time... but its an amazing way to practice.

In a pinch, I use "iTarget", "Drifire" or "iDryFire" for the iPhone... but they only really work well with close targets and unless you get the "PRO" version... its limited.

Sorry. I should have been more specific, yeah, I meant the paintball. Haven't been to FRC, but here that place is really nice.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom