Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 456 ... LastLast
    On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 991GT3 View Post
    Why is it *not a good thing*?

If one chooses another method of carry that’s fine.

I refuse to ridicule my fellow citizens who choose to exercise their RIGHTS without asking for PERMISSION.

Apples and potatoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You have the right to do whatever you want. Having the right to do something doesn't mean it's a good idea.

There are specific reasons why concealed carry trumps open carry, and none of those reasons have to do with your constitutional rights. If you carry a firearm to exercise your constitutional right, that's your prerogative, but don't get upset by the fact that it may not be the wisest method of carry if you choose to carry for self defense.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Don't think criminals care whether your OC, or CC. It is just a measured risk for them, and most of the time what they do does not make sense. There are outside factors that motivate them to stupidity. I am more afraid of what I don't see, than what I do. I have been in survival long enough to know that for every predator you see, there are many you do not.

Seriously Misunderstood!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Troedoff View Post
    I am more afraid of what I don't see, than what I do. >for every predator you see, there are many you do not.<
    I am in your camp! I don't fear any law abiding citizen OC'ing or not. Just can't be sure what goes on there behind those eyes.
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jhal23 View Post
    You have the right to do whatever you want. Having the right to do something doesn't mean it's a good idea.

There are specific reasons why concealed carry trumps open carry, and none of those reasons have to do with your constitutional rights. If you carry a firearm to exercise your constitutional right, that's your prerogative, but don't get upset by the fact that it may not be the wisest method of carry if you choose to carry for self defense.
    I think all of that applies to the bulk replying to this thread.

I could not care less how one chooses to carry.

And why should I?

Thereís too much important things to concern ourselves with to be bothered by how someone else chooses to arm themselves and carry.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    I am in your camp! I don't fear any law abiding citizen OC'ing or not. Just can't be sure what goes on there behind those eyes.

[Insert meme with empty skull here]

On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 991GT3 View Post
    I think all of that applies to the bulk replying to this thread.

I could not care less how one chooses to carry.

And why should I?

There’s too much important things to concern ourselves with to be bothered by how someone else chooses to arm themselves and carry.

I only concern myself with the affairs of others when those affairs effect me. The ill-advised behavior of others could lead to uninformed legislators enacting legislation that could affect me personally. I don't care if you drink and drive, but I don't advocate for drinking and driving, because it can potentially affect me. Just as I don't care if you open carry, but I don't advocate for doing so, because it sheds a different light on the gun owning community that will potentially affect me.

Marksman

User Info Menu

In light of recent B/S

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    Using a trigger finger release holster right next to a sleeping newbornís head surely nothing could go wrong.

Your video should have ended with an ATF agent taking his gun. His gun handling skills is obviously a danger to himself and others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Censored by "them"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    Your video should have ended with an ATF agent taking his gun. His gun handling skills is obviously a danger to himself and others.

What you don’t think he learned a lesson?

Bullet hole in his thigh should be punishment enough.

It’s been around the Internet for quite some time. The expansion for his injuries was he drew from a SERPA and his finger slipped into the trigger guard while bent from releasing the retention device. I believe it was a 1911, so he easily touched it off when his finger slipped. SERPA’s were all the rage around that time frame. I prefer drawing an empty weapon on new holsters to figure out what potential problems may arise before I accidentally shoot myself but hey different strokes.
    Last edited by Bangswitch; September 12th, 2019 at 02:52 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    What you donít think he learned a lesson?

Bullet hole in his thigh should be punishment enough.

Itís been around the Internet for quite some time. The expansion for his injuries was he drew from a SERPA and his finger slipped into the trigger guard while bent from releasing the retention device. I believe it was a 1911, so he easily touched it off when his finger slipped. SERPAís were all the rage around that time frame. I prefer drawing an empty weapon on new holsters to figure out what potential problems may arise before I accidentally shoot myself but hey different strokes.
    You canít fix stupid. I carried a serpa duty holster and also had one for off duty. I still know guys who carry serpa duty holsters and have yet to see one fail or cause a ND

Censored by "them"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    You can’t fix stupid. I carried a serpa duty holster and also had one for off duty. I still know guys who carry serpa duty holsters and have yet to see one fail or cause a ND

Would you agree that the both fine and coarse motor skills required to operate a SERPA add an inherent risk to ND’s when a person hasn’t developed the muscle memory well enough or is a tad bit rusty. I’m sure you know I don’t blame inanimate objects for failure, but I do believe in stacking the deck in favor of success.