Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    Threadender

User Info Menu

I've never seen OC in Many, La. Of course, I don't go to town very often unless I absolutely have to go for medicine, groceries or a haircut.
    Live and learn. Die and forget it all.

Marksman

User Info Menu

My opinion on open carry is a very mixed review. I believe if you are a handgun owner you should wear it. I believe where you wear it should be up to you, but if everyone in our society that owned a handgun wore it openly it wouldn’t be odd or alarming or a point of interest (unless it’s a really cool piece and you can’t help but oggle it) when someone walks in with their gat hangin. The problem is many gun don’t carry, or shoot at all. Often they are the panic buyers you see before and after elections. If everyone played face up, the advantages of concealment would narrow to only element of surprise, but in certain scenarios it may increase the benefit. Overall though the benefits of concealing would no longer out way the drawbacks (YMMV). But until I start to feel like the odd man out or under gunned due to the increase in open carry I will retain my anonymity, but for those places who know and expect me to be armed like deer camp and the gun range.

All or nothing

User Info Menu

I notice a lot of people concealed carrying, or what they mean to be concealed. Whatís more is Iíve noticed other people notice more than once. I want to say something to them and have actually very discreetly advised more than one to Ďcheck their rigí but only when I considered it cool enough to do so. Iíve been carrying since the late 80ís and just donít get how one could be at all careless when it comes to concealing the weapon. Iíd just as soon open carry be the norm like the old west. People were a lot more polite and respectful in those times.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct itóóó
    Bangswitch

On Target

User Info Menu

I've only seen a dozen or so people open carrying in the past decade. The majority was a budget pistol carried in a nylon holster clipped to a pocket or pants. Almost always seen in an Academy or other sporting goods store.

Generally, from what I've seen, concealed carriers seem to take carrying a firearm more seriously.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jhal23 View Post
    I've only seen a dozen or so people open carrying in the past decade. The majority was a budget pistol carried in a nylon holster clipped to a pocket or pants. Almost always seen in an Academy or other sporting goods store.

Generally, from what I've seen, concealed carriers seem to take carrying a firearm more seriously.
    We all poke fun at Uncle Mikes. Its in vogue. Drawing from one is the problem if you ask me but they usually require a thumb break or some secondary retention, which is more than I can say for a bunch of the HSLD pancake holsters which are the new hotness to the so-called high speed crowd. I would never ever ever OC with a passive retention rig.
    Last edited by Bangswitch; September 6th, 2019 at 09:52 AM.

On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    We all poke fun at Uncle Mikes. Its in vogue. Drawing from one is the problem if you ask me but they usually require a thumb break or some secondary retention, which is more than I can say for a bunch of the HSLD pancake holsters which are the new hotness to the so-called high speed crowd. I would never ever ever OC with a passive retention rig.
    The issue with the holsters is that they are not secured. Even if they have a thumb break, the belt attachment is not secured. I would not openly carry without an active retention holster similar to what LEO carry. Something that is secured to the belt and has multiple levels of retention.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

Agreed. Outside of on/off-duty police, the only people I see open carrying are either old men who still think that revolvers are the only thing that should be carried, or keyboard commandos who are going to the store to get more Cheetos after finishing a round of Call of Duty.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AustinBR View Post
    Agreed. Outside of on/off-duty police, the only people I see open carrying are either old men who still think that revolvers are the only thing that should be carried, or keyboard commandos who are going to the store to get more Cheetos after finishing a round of Call of Duty.
    This is an extreme case, but yea... I've not seen many "proper" open carriers.

-Administrator-
    Make your own luck

User Info Menu

This is an extreme case, but yea... I've not seen many "proper" open carriers.

People. Are. Stupid.
    -- Austin

"There is no "i" in team but there is in win. "
    --Michael Jordan

Failing to plan is planning to fail.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

That pistol with the baby is Dumb $hit!