Join BayouShooter For Free

Thread: Got body armor?

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Got body armor?

This has come up a time or two in the past and yes, they’d love to ban it for certain, but is this gonna happen anytime soon? I just know when the lefties start asking ‘why would anyone need a ————‘, we have to fight to keep it or kiss it goodbye. For years armor was simply touted as being for law enforcement/military use only and then it wasn’t really made available to the public. All that changed over the past 30+ years and now you can get most anything if you have the cash or Bitcoin.
    So what now? Psych criminal shooters are wearing it now so they’re gonna take it from everyone? So you can’t protect yourself or your family? And what about the armored school bag inserts? Can’t send my children to school with any form of protection?
    Some politicians need to go, from top to bottom if that’s the case.

https://youtu.be/9dmWOmySvWM

Little long but great points throughout the vid.
    Last edited by Magdump; September 6th, 2019 at 09:02 AM.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct itóóó
    Bangswitch

Marksman

User Info Menu

Just another in the long line of absurd reactions from the anti-gun side. You mean to tell me Schumer, et al believe they can tell us what we can and canít WEAR?! Unbelievable. Completely believable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

This will never pass. States are currently ADDIGN laws allowinf for body armor.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I would have to be pretty dang worried about my safety to put on a vest. Being built like the Jolly Green Giant I have to consider the massive amount of torso still exposed which only decreases the appeal. All that before I consider humidity, and my natural tendency to sweat even when itís cold. Throw in rifle plates and we are talking mobility reduction.

My lifestyle the potential need doesnít come close to the drawbacks, but there is no justification for banning or limiting access that I will accept as valid.
    Last edited by Bangswitch; September 6th, 2019 at 12:04 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    I would have to be pretty dang worried about my safety to put on a vest. Being built like the Jolly Green Giant I have to consider the massive amount of torso still exposed which only decreases the appeal. All that before I consider humidity, and my natural tendency to sweat even when it’s cold. Throw in rifle plates and we are talking mobility reduction.

My lifestyle the potential need doesn’t come close to the drawbacks, but there is no justification for banning or limiting access that I will accept as valid.
    Good points.

For large dudes, remember, we are not trying to cover the whole body (I mean that would be great iun a perfect world), but the intent of protection is the vitals. Everything else is expected to get medical aide in plenty of time.

Marksman

User Info Menu

If the bubment believes we are all in danger because the evil guns keep killing people innocent people then they should issue every law abiding citizen body armor. Actually guns and armor to protect themselves. It’s not a privilege, it’s a right.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim