More Redflag BS!! Veteran gets screwed by family and his collection taken.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Why Hell Yeah!!! Those old Vietnam vets came back crazy and they haven't changed!

Notice how they were loading up a bunch of old bolt rifles and inert bombs.

Probably had some fully semi-automatic rifles in the mix...

Since when is there a limit on firearms and ammo? Is it like ducks or squirrels?

meauxcg

Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    May 27, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Anyone see the horse crap liberal scare crap from the neighbors? He had MACHINE GUNS AND EXPLOSIVES... and there was always something wrong with him. So not talking to your neighbors makes something wrong with you?

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Didn’t even seem like that much to me... That’s a damn shame.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Oh lord, I guess I should get rid of the demilled pineapple grenade I have...
    But I’m keeping every bullet and pocketknife...because they can suck it.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    So, assuming that all the alleged explosives are legal, inert collectibles, absolutely no crime was committed, except for thought crime that he likes to collect guns??? On the other hand, if the guy was collecting live military explosives, screw him, he got caught by accident and deserves what's coming to him for putting the neighborhood at risk.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    So, assuming that all the alleged explosives are legal, inert collectibles, absolutely no crime was committed, except for thought crime that he likes to collect guns??? On the other hand, if the guy was collecting live military explosives, screw him, he got caught by accident and deserves what's coming to him for putting the neighborhood at risk.

Ehhhh.... we wanna watch the "end justifies the means" concept with law enforcement. That is where we end up with a lot more heinous 4th and 5th Amendment violations. That is why we have the whole "fruit of the poisonous tree" doctrine.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Think maybe they want everyone to think they’re all live ords, but really, I don’t even know a crazy that would sleep next to some explosives... and they’re looking like war relics. Pretty sure they’re all inert but the arresting agency and media will never tell, just you watch. Because the appearance is what matters. That’s how they’ll divide and conquer.

Last edited:

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area

Yeah, screw him, and a pox on his ancestors! He was probably cruising garage sales and flea markets, picking up claymore and limpet mines. It's a real problem these days. Everybody knows all Army surplus stores have a back room, where they keep mortars, Javelin missiles, and mini guns for their special customers, wink wink.
    I remember my dad and I cruising pawn shops when I was a boy, picking up 105mm guns and JDAMs. Fortunately it's a niche market, so we got them for a song. That's why they call them the good old days.
    Who the hell does that guy think he is, collecting what he likes as a hobby? He should have checked with his neighbors first, to be sure his likes and interests were okay with them. I mean it's not like he was using his own money to buy it, and his own home to store it. I'm glad the media didn't bother to ask if he held an FFL, for the one in a million chance that any of it was a live DD. They can't be bothered with such trivialities.
    The good news is they gave the location where all of it will be returned, it saves the burglars a lot of effort. I'm sure these family members will be remembered in his will.

Last edited:

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    I wonder if they would come an take the 3 500# 10" 1917 Battleship Projectiles i had ... This Law is BS!

IMAG2101_zpse016ad87.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    What did he *do* to be put on a psych hold? Was he threatening people? This is beyond scary stuff. I guess anyone who has a perfectly legal collection is now crazy. This is what red flag laws will look like. Oh wait we don’t need RF to be violated. They will do it anyway. It says it will be disposed of. Why there is nothing there that is outside the law? Am I missing something?

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Playing devil's advocate, again... Was it actually a red flag bust or the relatives called because they thought the explosives were live? It doesn't say in the write-up and I'm not going to re-watch the video.

Because if it was a call about possible illegal explosives in the house, that's a legit concern. And then, possibly, the media blew up the rest of the story to fit their narrative.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Playing devil's advocate, again... Was it actually a red flag bust or the relatives called because they thought the explosives were live? It doesn't say in the write-up and I'm not going to re-watch the video.

Because if it was a call about possible illegal explosives in the house, that's a legit concern. And then, possibly, the media blew up the rest of the story to fit their narrative.
    Law enforcement still has to abide by constitutional law when investigating any possible concern. There’s no price for reporting someone for anything when it’s bogus. I could drop a dime on anyone and if my story sounds good that person will likely get swatted and who knows what will happen but I’ll be in the clear. Nothing legit about that at all, but I see people accepting all the protection and security nowadays like they’re ready to accept an all out police state.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Yep. Those yellow stripes on the ordinances mean something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom