Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    I understand where you are going with this but this isn't a good comparison. Let's eliminate the war on drugs. How do we do that? Do we decriminalize drugs or even legalize them for unrestricted use? The parallel would be allow anyone to possess a firearm. Or would you want to keep the acquisition of narcotics the same, i.e., a highly regulated system that requires you to go in every time you need new medicine?
    I have no good solution short of this point.

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    You know as I remember it buying and selling registered vehicles in Louisiana required a notary to stamp the title “witnessing” the sale for both parties.

Anyone ever buy our sell when a notary wasn't open? There are ways around it. Right? But isn’t that fraud? So we cause a scenario that would otherwise be mundane to end in potential fraud, due to lack of accessibility?

Some would say just sell at a time when you know a notary is open, but that’s not always reasonable, and surely we wouldn’t want to deny access to a firearm to lawful potential owners who may very well need it just because some people just won’t work 24/7.
    So if I can't find a guy on the corner selling guns out of his trunk at 3:00am, are my rights being infringed because Academy isn't open 24/7?

Marksman

User Info Menu

So if I can't find a guy on the corner selling guns out of his trunk at 3:00am, are my rights being infringed because Academy isn't open 24/7?
    No because the buyer is willing but the seller is not. If both a buyer and seller are willing but are obstructed by a law that requires a babysitter then yes.
    Last edited by Bangswitch; September 11th, 2019 at 08:19 AM.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

No because the buyer is willing but the seller is not. If both a buyer and seller are willing but are obstructed by a law that requires a babysitter then yes.
    Academy is willing to sell me a gun.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Academy is willing to sell me a gun.
    Not when they are closed.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Not when they are closed.
    If their willingness to sell a gun is dependent on business hours, then the same would hold true for a private sale if a notary were required. Or it would open up a new market, 24/7 notaries. But those already exist. So a private sale at 3:00am can be notarized.

https://on-the-spot-notary.business.site/

Marksman

User Info Menu

Also it’s interesting you skipped directly past the part were everyday people openly break the law to sell an automobile because a babysitter wasn’t available.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Also it’s interesting you skipped directly past the part were everyday people openly break the law to sell an automobile because a babysitter wasn’t available.
    There was no need to address it.

Marksman

User Info Menu

If their willingness to sell a gun is dependent on business hours, then the same would hold true for a private sale if a notary were required. Or it would open up a new market, 24/7 notaries. But those already exist. So a private sale at 3:00am can be notarized.

https://on-the-spot-notary.business.site/
    Interesting didn’t know there were 24/7 notaries. Still two consenting parties are required to find a third who is consenting to participate in the transition. Surly that could never ‘infringe’.

Marksman

User Info Menu

There was no need to address it.
    There is no need to address human nature and how laws are so easily subverted?

I just gave you the closest analog to universal background I believe is available in the country and how it is so handily subverted by some of the most upstanding citizens when it’s not convenient. Surely you have to see the relevance.
    Last edited by Bangswitch; September 11th, 2019 at 08:48 AM.