Glen beck and Bill O'Reilly think there should be gun registration

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I would personally not mind doing all
    Of my transfers at an ffl. It would take all of the responsibility off of me and put it on the ffl and their paperwork. I would hope there could be a way to have ffl’s compensated some how but also there would have to be a set rate so some of the shady ffl’s wouldn’t charge $100 a transfer. I have done my fair share of gun trading and selling and have refused to sell to a person due to not being comfortable with the transaction. I would love to run people through our database but that is illegal so my hands are tied just like any other non LEO. Maybe there should be a way for anyone to put a name in the system and get an approved or disapproved response like an ffl, then you could print it out for your records and that would be just as good as going through an ffl. I would be willing to pay a $5-$10 fee from that service. It’s not perfect but would have stopped the guy in Texas recently from buying the rifle he used or it would have made the seller liable. We have a big problem in this country of not actually making people pay for crimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oh, so you enjoy going to the dmv so much you want there to be a gun registration system? That's where that will lead.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Oh, so you enjoy going to the dmv so much you want there to be a gun registration system? That's where that will lead.

Possibly, but would a website anyone could access from a phone or computer be a bad thing?

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    And that’s only part of it. What never ceases to amaze me is how people don’t see the forest for the trees. Let me explain in the most basic terms:
    There is no power on this earth that can stop criminals from owning a gun.
    There is no power on this earth that can stop a criminal from acquiring a gun.
    One cannot simply snap their fingers and make all the guns in the world disappear and that is what would have to happen to keep a criminal from acquiring and owning a gun.
    Anyone who believes a shred of anything else is living in a fairy tale or completely hoodwinked by the propaganda spewed forth by a force that would seek to enslave an entire population.
    The only thing that any form of gun control will ever do is keep law abiding citizens from acquiring and owning guns or make it terribly difficult to do so.

Let’s apply this to another issue:
    Illegal drugs... how long ago was heroin outlawed? Cocaine? LSD? Ecstasy? The production, sale and distribution, possession and use of these and other illegal substances has been illegal for longer than any of you have been alive. The US federal government and state agencies have spent billions upon billions of dollars employing every means and person one can imagine to stop the production, sale and distribution, possession and use of these substances. People are hunted, arrested, incarcerated and killed daily in the ‘war on drugs’ and yet they still exist in mind boggling amounts. Enough to exist on any street corner of this nation at any time. How can this be?
    How can anyone truly believe that you can keep illegal drugs out of the hands of those who will completely disregard the laws that govern them?

There is no earthly solution to gun violence that would allow mankind to exist on this planet.
    There is no form of gun control that would affect the target individuals without affecting the entirety of the law abiding population.
    A potential mass murderer is not in the least concerned about breaking any law on the books if he’s willing to murder someone.
    Laws are not magical spells that control the masses. One can simply choose not to obey any law at any given time.

So, accept the hype if that helps you cope with today’s world. Buy into the propaganda if you can’t accept the facts, but be ready to give up every freedom you’ve ever known.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Last edited:

lane

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    zachary, la.
    And that’s only part of it. What never ceases to amaze me is how people don’t see the forest for the trees. Let me explain in the most basic terms:
    One cannot simply snap their fingers and make all the guns in the world disappear and that is what would have to happen to keep a criminal from acquiring and owning a gun.
    Anyone who believes a shred of anything else is living in a fairy tale or completely hoodwinked by the propaganda spewed forth by a force that would seek to enslave an entire population.
    The only thing that any form of gun control will ever do is keep law abiding citizens from acquiring and owning guns or make it terribly difficult to do so.

Illegal drugs... how long ago was heroin outlawed? Cocaine? LSD? Ecstasy? The production, sale and distribution, possession and use of these and other illegal substances has been illegal for longer than any of you have been alive. The US federal government and state agencies have spent billions upon billions of dollars employing every means and person one can imagine to stop the production, sale and distribution, possession and use of these substances. People are hunted, arrested, incarcerated and killed daily in the ‘war on drugs’ and yet they still exist in mind boggling amounts. Enough to exist on any street corner of this nation at any time. How can this be?
    How can anyone truly believe that you can keep illegal drugs out of the hands of those who will completely disregard the laws that govern them?

There is no earthly solution to gun violence that would allow mankind to exist on this planet.
    There is no form of gun control that would affect the target individuals without affecting the entirety of the law abiding population.
    A potential mass murderer is not in the least concerned about breaking any law on the books if he’s willing to murder someone.
    Laws are not magical spells that control the masses. One can simply choose not to obey any law at any given time.

So, accept the hype if that helps you cope with today’s world. Buy into the propaganda if you can’t accept the facts, but be ready to give up every freedom you’ve ever known.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

This ^^^

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Agree.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Possibly, but would a website anyone could access from a phone or computer be a bad thing?

You sure giving that to the public is a wise idea? If LEO sometimes abuse their ability to run background checks can you imagine what would happen if you gave something similar to every swinging dick?

jneubig

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Houma

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Very well said

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I would personally not mind doing all
    Of my transfers at an ffl. It would take all of the responsibility off of me and put it on the ffl and their paperwork. I would hope there could be a way to have ffl’s compensated some how but also there would have to be a set rate so some of the shady ffl’s wouldn’t charge $100 a transfer. I have done my fair share of gun trading and selling and have refused to sell to a person due to not being comfortable with the transaction. I would love to run people through our database but that is illegal so my hands are tied just like any other non LEO. Maybe there should be a way for anyone to put a name in the system and get an approved or disapproved response like an ffl, then you could print it out for your records and that would be just as good as going through an ffl. I would be willing to pay a $5-$10 fee from that service. It’s not perfect but would have stopped the guy in Texas recently from buying the rifle he used or it would have made the seller liable. We have a big problem in this country of not actually making people pay for crimes.

I get it I know where you are coming from, but I think the elephant in the room is our government is based on the individual and his rights and guaranteeing him/her the opportunity to prosper in liberty. The problem is we have been told for decades going back to the Great Depression that the government was the arbiter of fair and was designed to guarantee outcome.

I think I’m your case you would like the government to guarantee that no one dangerous gets a gun, but you are a smart enough guy to know that can’t happen. So you want the government to guarantee that no upstanding citizen ever could accidentally sell to someone how is dangerous, but that’s a half assed approach at best. And at worst it causes problems for those of us who are upstanding citizens.

Additionally I stand by my concerns that we ever gave the government the ability to prevent you from exercising a basic human right as a free man or woman. As time continues on this will prove to be 2A’s undoing. There is no need to amend there is no need for legislation they just have to regulate what defines ‘crazy’ and prosecute people for these ridiculous felonies until most of the citizenry are felons.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I understand where you are going with this but this isn't a good comparison. Let's eliminate the war on drugs. How do we do that? Do we decriminalize drugs or even legalize them for unrestricted use? The parallel would be allow anyone to possess a firearm. Or would you want to keep the acquisition of narcotics the same, i.e., a highly regulated system that requires you to go in every time you need new medicine?

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    You know as I remember it buying and selling registered vehicles in Louisiana required a notary to stamp the title “witnessing” the sale for both parties.

Anyone ever buy our sell when a notary wasn't open? There are ways around it. Right? But isn’t that fraud? So we cause a scenario that would otherwise be mundane to end in potential fraud, due to lack of accessibility?

Some would say just sell at a time when you know a notary is open, but that’s not always reasonable, and surely we wouldn’t want to deny access to a firearm to lawful potential owners who may very well need it just because some people just won’t work 24/7.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I understand where you are going with this but this isn't a good comparison. Let's eliminate the war on drugs. How do we do that? Do we decriminalize drugs or even legalize them for unrestricted use? The parallel would be allow anyone to possess a firearm. Or would you want to keep the acquisition of narcotics the same, i.e., a highly regulated system that requires you to go in every time you need new medicine?

I have no good solution short of this point.

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You know as I remember it buying and selling registered vehicles in Louisiana required a notary to stamp the title “witnessing” the sale for both parties.

Anyone ever buy our sell when a notary wasn't open? There are ways around it. Right? But isn’t that fraud? So we cause a scenario that would otherwise be mundane to end in potential fraud, due to lack of accessibility?

Some would say just sell at a time when you know a notary is open, but that’s not always reasonable, and surely we wouldn’t want to deny access to a firearm to lawful potential owners who may very well need it just because some people just won’t work 24/7.

So if I can't find a guy on the corner selling guns out of his trunk at 3:00am, are my rights being infringed because Academy isn't open 24/7?

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    So if I can't find a guy on the corner selling guns out of his trunk at 3:00am, are my rights being infringed because Academy isn't open 24/7?

No because the buyer is willing but the seller is not. If both a buyer and seller are willing but are obstructed by a law that requires a babysitter then yes.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    If their willingness to sell a gun is dependent on business hours, then the same would hold true for a private sale if a notary were required. Or it would open up a new market, 24/7 notaries. But those already exist. So a private sale at 3:00am can be notarized.

https://on-the-spot-notary.business.site/

Interesting didn’t know there were 24/7 notaries. Still two consenting parties are required to find a third who is consenting to participate in the transition. Surly that could never ‘infringe’. :doh:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    There was no need to address it.

There is no need to address human nature and how laws are so easily subverted?

I just gave you the closest analog to universal background I believe is available in the country and how it is so handily subverted by some of the most upstanding citizens when it’s not convenient. Surely you have to see the relevance.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom