Glen beck and Bill O'Reilly think there should be gun registration

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Highly upset at these 2..I usually listen to glen beck during my 1.5 hour roundtrip to work and back.

tonight he had Bill O"reilly on..Bill was pushing hard for Stricker laws for "weapons of war" AKA Ak47s and Ar"s and Glenn beck seemed like he was agreeing with Bill..

The so called Right wing media are starting to give out signals that they support more gun laws..
    Its getting bad yall..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Bill O’Rapist is a pervert and has no credibility on anything. He should be registered and females should be made aware of his movements.
    Any record of a firearm is useless after 3 years or more. They change hands and people die.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    O’Rielly is a phony. Him and the human laugh-track in the morning is the reason I lost all faith in news media 7-8 years ago. Their morning show reeked of Democrat-light and paraded RINO’s through there that had to keep there 16 degrees of separation from Obama. It’s all a big scam folks.

Oh I almost forgot about crybaby McGee... didn’t he campaign against trump after he clenched the nomination?

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    It’s only a matter of time before we see change. I know many *pro gun* people starting to feel the need for gun reform.

But what will they say when mass shootings continue after gun reform takes place?

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    ^^that

Mass shootings (or any illegal shootings, for that matter) aren’t perpetrated by law-abiding citizens. They’re committed by criminals, who by their very nature either believe laws don’t apply to them (sociopathy / narcissism) or don’t care care (psychopathy).

They can pass all the laws they want and it won’t make a lick of difference. The UK still has murders - wasn’t there just recently a string of stabbings in the London subway system? Japan still has murders. Australia still has murders.

I maintain the concentration of degenerates in humanity has remained a constant percentage, but since we’ve grossly eclipsed the planet’s sustainable population level the nutjobs are closer to more normal people and there’s a larger net quantity of them.

The military doesn’t legislate the enemy into surrender. They do it through threat of destruction via superior firepower. Removing the (normal) population’s ability to defend itself against a hostile force is tantamount to capitulating against a numerically inferior enemy. Peace for peace’s sake. Some things are worth fighting for - a civil society is one of them.

What was that quote about pitiful creatures with nothing they deem worthy of defending by force?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Wait, you listen to Glen Beck?....
    (Crickets)
    Not a wonder I’m hearing sympathizer remarks on this thread.
    Keep listening to the arguments of the gun control crowd and you will find yourself sympathizing with the gun control crowd. Did I just read some of those remarks or am I having a bad dream? Because that sounds like some people ready to give up some gun rights.
    I’ll just bet there are people here that are ready to give up some gun rights
    Shall NOT be infringed.

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    It’s only a matter of time before we see change. I know many *pro gun* people starting to feel the need for gun reform.

But what will they say when mass shootings continue after gun reform takes place?

That’s right! Peace does not beget peace when dealing with evil. It instead begets violence from evil. Evil can only be destroyed or contained.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Wait, you listen to Glen Beck?....
    (Crickets)
    Not a wonder I’m hearing sympathizer remarks on this thread.
    Keep listening to the arguments of the gun control crowd and you will find yourself sympathizing with the gun control crowd. Did I just read some of those remarks or am I having a bad dream? Because that sounds like some people ready to give up some gun rights.
    I’ll just bet there are people here that are ready to give up some gun rights
    Shall NOT be infringed.

I was curious what you have done in the last year or two to protect gun rights?

- - - Updated - - -

That's the problem. There are a lot of "pro-gun people" but less "pro-constitution people".... there is a difference.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I was curious what you have done in the last year or two to protect gun rights?

I’m curious as to why you could even begin to imagine why I’d discuss that with you or why you matter at all frankly.
    Pray tell, why don’t you gloat about all you’ve done before you make any assumptions about my contribution to society and the gun community. Why don’t you help yourself to a snack while you’re at it instead of trolling my posts.
    ff0e6f3769874ca397ee2c26944762d1.jpg

Last edited:

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    I’m curious as to why you could even begin to imagine why I’d discuss that with you or why you matter at all frankly.
    Pray tell, why don’t you gloat about all you’ve done before you make any assumptions about my contribution to society and the gun community. Why don’t you help yourself to a snack while you’re at it instead of trolling my posts.
    ff0e6f3769874ca397ee2c26944762d1.jpg

I was still holding out perhaps you would find some maturity and have a discussion. I was wrong.

Deflect... it is the typical response for people like you. Nothing. I will take your response to mean you have done nothing except bang away at your keyboard and act like a petulent child online.

Got it. Nothing at all.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I was still holding out perhaps you would find some maturity and have a discussion. I was wrong.

Deflect... it is the typical response for people like you. Nothing. I will take your response to mean you have done nothing except bang away at your keyboard and act like a petulent child online.

Got it. Nothing at all.

Yeah that’s creepy bro. Just sayin

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Yeah that’s creepy bro. Just sayin

You are an example of why we have such trouble defending our rights. It is a shame you cannot be more constructive. I am sure you are an intelligent person, but you would rather be childish online than discuss actual topics.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Guys: Play nice or don't play.

Disagreeing is fine. Discussions/arguments are fine, so long as they stay civil.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Call it what you want but I don’t agree that every human being should be able to own and carry a gun. There are felons, known crazies, and criminals that should not have firearms. I believe every law abiding citizen should have the right to have a stock pile of weapons at their home to protect it from whatever they see fit(invaders, tyranny, whatever) but not everyone is responsible enough to carry one in public. There are posts on gun forums all the time laughing at some jack ass carrying in a crazy or dangerous manner. Some view it as funny but I view it as dangerous. What do y’all think about private sales being banned and having to go to an FFL to have a background check done to purchase a firearm from another party? I think we are about to see a few changes very soon to gun laws and gun sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Call it what you want but I don’t agree that every human being should be able to own and carry a gun. There are felons, known crazies, and criminals that should not have firearms. I believe every law abiding citizen should have the right to have a stock pile of weapons at their home to protect it from whatever they see fit(invaders, tyranny, whatever) but not everyone is responsible enough to carry one in public. There are posts on gun forums all the time laughing at some jack ass carrying in a crazy or dangerous manner. Some view it as funny but I view it as dangerous. What do y’all think about private sales being banned and having to go to an FFL to have a background check done to purchase a firearm from another party? I think we are about to see a few changes very soon to gun laws and gun sales.

We can agree bad people and crazies shouldn’t have guns.

Currently I believe there are laws designed to prevent that. Are those working?

How many good people who have been convicted of felonies? How many dangerous thugs have never been convicted? Let’s not forget how grandma was told she couldn’t keep her guns because she had to have people help managing her finances.

Here are a couple articles about becoming a felon.

https://www.mic.com/articles/86797/8-ways-we-regularly-commit-felonies-without-realizing-it

https://www.maxim.com/.amp/not_migrating/7-felonies-youve-probably-committed-your-lifetime

We have allowed our government to all but weaponize the legal system. We have allowed lawmakers and special interest groups to buy and sell what can and can’t be legal for years.

We just spent 8 years with the federal government trying for a hostile takeover of the medical system. It’s a matter of time before they attempt to weaponize it to serve the needs of their special interest buddies.

Would you really be interested in giving more power to a government who continues to fail?

What good would come from requiring documented transfers for private sales? Is it really a stretch to believe bad people might break one or two extra laws to commit a crime with a gun? And if that’s the case would you really want it to be harder for good people to access guns.

This is not my most eloquent argument yet, you touch on a lot of different themes and I tried to cover the ones that interested me.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    We can agree bad people and crazies shouldn’t have guns.

Currently I believe there are laws designed to prevent that. Are those working?

How many good people who have been convicted of felonies? How many dangerous thugs have never been convicted? Let’s not forget how grandma was told she couldn’t keep her guns because she had to have people help managing her finances.

Here are a couple articles about becoming a felon.

https://www.mic.com/articles/86797/8-ways-we-regularly-commit-felonies-without-realizing-it

https://www.maxim.com/.amp/not_migrating/7-felonies-youve-probably-committed-your-lifetime

We have allowed our government to all but weaponize the legal system. We have allowed lawmakers and special interest groups to buy and sell what can and can’t be legal for years.

We just spent 8 years with the federal government trying for a hostile takeover of the medical system. It’s a matter of time before they attempt to weaponize it to serve the needs of their special interest buddies.

Would you really be interested in giving more power to a government who continues to fail?

What good would come from requiring documented transfers for private sales? Is it really a stretch to believe bad people might break one or two extra laws to commit a crime with a gun? And if that’s the case would you really want it to be harder for good people to access guns.

This is not my most eloquent argument yet, you touch on a lot of different themes and I tried to cover the ones that interested me.

I would personally not mind doing all
    Of my transfers at an ffl. It would take all of the responsibility off of me and put it on the ffl and their paperwork. I would hope there could be a way to have ffl’s compensated some how but also there would have to be a set rate so some of the shady ffl’s wouldn’t charge $100 a transfer. I have done my fair share of gun trading and selling and have refused to sell to a person due to not being comfortable with the transaction. I would love to run people through our database but that is illegal so my hands are tied just like any other non LEO. Maybe there should be a way for anyone to put a name in the system and get an approved or disapproved response like an ffl, then you could print it out for your records and that would be just as good as going through an ffl. I would be willing to pay a $5-$10 fee from that service. It’s not perfect but would have stopped the guy in Texas recently from buying the rifle he used or it would have made the seller liable. We have a big problem in this country of not actually making people pay for crimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom