Where did it go?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    He did. Which also brings up the point, again, that a pro-illegal narcotic thread isn't the best for the gun community...

No one here has suggested illegal drug use, but the opposite some of us are advocating that free men and women should not be told they can’t consume a naturally grown plant, when there are legal substances far more dangerous providing far less benefit to the consumer.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    What happened to the pro weed thread?

I’m all for it weed has been the object of a smear campaign for years. Most of what they used to tell us about it was cooked up lies. And while I don’t partake and will likely never smoke it again if it becomes legal I would likely partake with the same level of caution I give to my favorite bourbon.

What thread? I can see deleted threads and I don't see it...

What sub-forum was it in?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    No one here has suggested illegal drug use, but the opposite some of us are advocating that free men and women should not be told they can’t consume a naturally grown plant, when there are legal substances far more dangerous providing far less benefit to the consumer.

That's debatable.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    LMAO! One thing I’ve learned on this site, there’s nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing that is not debatable...so that’s a mute point.

I believe your assertion should be debated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    That's debatable.

What is debatable about ‘I think it’s stupid for weed to be illegal. Legalize it, so people who would rather use marijuana instead of opioids can without being criminals, or people could enjoy a little toke and not have to worry about doing something illegal.’

So how exactly is that advocating for illegal activity?

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    Saw a doc the other day about the addition of TCH to the schedule 1 list back in the 1930s. The doc was claiming there was a serious fight for federal dollars during the depression and with Hoover’s agency guaranteed to stay, the Narcotics Bureau was in danger of being de-funded. ATF (or what it had been) nearly went away when prohibition was repealed, so it seems kinda legit. So the FNB decided to criminalize a product which they knew they couldn’t adequately regulate or control like they could tobacco (plus the cotton industry was lobbying against hemp), and the fed wouldn’t support running two major prohibition level campaigns at once...

Seems taxation is the only reason it hasn’t been removed from the schedule 1 list. Horticulture isn’t as intimidating as setting up and running a private still, and look how widespread that still is. I bet as soon as they figure out how to control and tax the crap out of it, it’ll suddenly become a talking point at the federal level.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Saw a doc the other day about the addition of TCH to the schedule 1 list back in the 1930s. The doc was claiming there was a serious fight for federal dollars during the depression and with Hoover’s agency guaranteed to stay, the Narcotics Bureau was in danger of being de-funded. ATF (or what it had been) nearly went away when prohibition was repealed, so it seems kinda legit. So the FNB decided to criminalize a product which they knew they couldn’t adequately regulate or control like they could tobacco (plus the cotton industry was lobbying against hemp), and the fed wouldn’t support running two major prohibition level campaigns at once...

Seems taxation is the only reason it hasn’t been removed from the schedule 1 list. Horticulture isn’t as intimidating as setting up and running a private still, and look how widespread that still is. I bet as soon as they figure out how to control and tax the crap out of it, it’ll suddenly become a talking point at the federal level.

Surely you must have misunderstood. I mean our federal government would never weaponize the legal system to grow its own power. That doesn’t sound like any government in the history of man. Surely you have misunderstood.

:dogkeke:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom