Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3121314 ... LastLast
    Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    I have no idea where it came from. We always bought from other stoners, where they got it from was never really given much thought. Would you like for me to link some articles, books that detail cartels and their active weed business?

Which brings me to to another point and to why the DEA should de-Schedule it, cartels are setting up trespass grow sites and poisoning the grow sites to avoid any wildlife eating their profits. One problem is that this is happening in the United States often in federal lands set aside for wildlife habitat. The other problem is these chemicals are toxic to humans and the public is buying and consuming this tainted product. If a man could grow his own he could manage what the plants are exposed to and know what is in it.
    So now you’d like for it to be entirely legal so you can grow your own weed...

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jhal23 View Post
    So now you’d like for it to be entirely legal so you can grow your own weed...
    That would be nice. It would be the safest option, but requiring the same minimum standards as produce or herbs would be far more acceptable than the cartels using banned chemicals on American soil to treat something being consumed by young folks (I’m sure some old farts to) nationwide.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

I have no idea where it came from. We always bought from other stoners, where they got it from was never really given much thought. Would you like for me to link some articles, books that detail cartels and their active weed business?

Which brings me to to another point and to why the DEA should de-Schedule it, cartels are setting up trespass grow sites and poisoning the grow sites to avoid any wildlife eating their profits. One problem is that this is happening in the United States often in federal lands set aside for wildlife habitat. The other problem is these chemicals are toxic to humans and the public is buying and consuming this tainted product. If a man could grow his own he could manage what the plants are exposed to and know what is in it.
    I'm not saying I'm for or against it but this is a flawed argument. "It should be made legal so it will be safer for the people who are willfully breaking the law for personal pleasure." Not buying it would also make the people safer. If there were no demand, there would be no need for supply and no need to poison the animals. It's not like weed is addictive. So people don't need to smoke it. They want to smoke it. They make a choice to break the law.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    I'm not saying I'm for or against it but this is a flawed argument. "It should be made legal so it will be safer for the people who are willfully breaking the law for personal pleasure." Not buying it would also make the people safer. If there were no demand, there would be no need for supply and no need to poison the animals. It's not like weed is addictive. So people don't need to smoke it. They want to smoke it. They make a choice to break the law.
    I don’t disagree the logic isn’t prefect, but artificially limiting the suppliers to only those willing to break the law increases the risk for those who partake. If the purpose of banning marijuana is to protect people from it, it’s not really working is it?

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

It's not like weed is addictive. So people don't need to smoke it. They want to smoke it. They make a choice to break the law.
    Sounds like a good reason not to legalize it.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jhal23 View Post
    Sounds like a good reason not to legalize it.
    Or a good reason to legalize it.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

I don’t disagree the logic isn’t prefect, but artificially limiting the suppliers to only those willing to break the law increases the risk for those who partake. If the purpose of banning marijuana is to protect people from it, it’s not really working is it?
    Stop being willing to break the law and the danger goes away. It's not working because people choose to break the law. I am around it quite often. But I'm not in danger from toxic weed because I don't partake. It just that easy to make yourself safe.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Stop being willing to break the law and the danger goes away. It's not working because people choose to break the law. I am around it quite often. But I'm not in danger from toxic weed because I don't partake. It just that easy to make yourself safe.
    So we are left with, banning it was illogical and expensive, and so is most arguments for legalization. Seems to me we could lean pro-freedom and save tons of tax dollars and collect a few new ones.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

So we are left with, banning it was illogical and expensive, and so is most arguments for legalization. Seems to me we could lean pro-freedom and save tons of tax dollars and collect a few new ones.
    Yes, there are plenty of arguments for legalizing it that, in my opinion, have merit. But "legalize it because it's dangerous when people break the law" isn't one I would consider valid.

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu