Where did it go?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I have no idea where it came from. We always bought from other stoners, where they got it from was never really given much thought. Would you like for me to link some articles, books that detail cartels and their active weed business?

Which brings me to to another point and to why the DEA should de-Schedule it, cartels are setting up trespass grow sites and poisoning the grow sites to avoid any wildlife eating their profits. One problem is that this is happening in the United States often in federal lands set aside for wildlife habitat. The other problem is these chemicals are toxic to humans and the public is buying and consuming this tainted product. If a man could grow his own he could manage what the plants are exposed to and know what is in it.

So now you’d like for it to be entirely legal so you can grow your own weed...

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    So now you’d like for it to be entirely legal so you can grow your own weed...
    That would be nice. It would be the safest option, but requiring the same minimum standards as produce or herbs would be far more acceptable than the cartels using banned chemicals on American soil to treat something being consumed by young folks (I’m sure some old farts to) nationwide.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have no idea where it came from. We always bought from other stoners, where they got it from was never really given much thought. Would you like for me to link some articles, books that detail cartels and their active weed business?

Which brings me to to another point and to why the DEA should de-Schedule it, cartels are setting up trespass grow sites and poisoning the grow sites to avoid any wildlife eating their profits. One problem is that this is happening in the United States often in federal lands set aside for wildlife habitat. The other problem is these chemicals are toxic to humans and the public is buying and consuming this tainted product. If a man could grow his own he could manage what the plants are exposed to and know what is in it.

I'm not saying I'm for or against it but this is a flawed argument. "It should be made legal so it will be safer for the people who are willfully breaking the law for personal pleasure." Not buying it would also make the people safer. If there were no demand, there would be no need for supply and no need to poison the animals. It's not like weed is addictive. So people don't need to smoke it. They want to smoke it. They make a choice to break the law.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I'm not saying I'm for or against it but this is a flawed argument. "It should be made legal so it will be safer for the people who are willfully breaking the law for personal pleasure." Not buying it would also make the people safer. If there were no demand, there would be no need for supply and no need to poison the animals. It's not like weed is addictive. So people don't need to smoke it. They want to smoke it. They make a choice to break the law.

I don’t disagree the logic isn’t prefect, but artificially limiting the suppliers to only those willing to break the law increases the risk for those who partake. If the purpose of banning marijuana is to protect people from it, it’s not really working is it?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I don’t disagree the logic isn’t prefect, but artificially limiting the suppliers to only those willing to break the law increases the risk for those who partake. If the purpose of banning marijuana is to protect people from it, it’s not really working is it?

Stop being willing to break the law and the danger goes away. It's not working because people choose to break the law. I am around it quite often. But I'm not in danger from toxic weed because I don't partake. It just that easy to make yourself safe.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Stop being willing to break the law and the danger goes away. It's not working because people choose to break the law. I am around it quite often. But I'm not in danger from toxic weed because I don't partake. It just that easy to make yourself safe.

So we are left with, banning it was illogical and expensive, and so is most arguments for legalization. Seems to me we could lean pro-freedom and save tons of tax dollars and collect a few new ones.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So we are left with, banning it was illogical and expensive, and so is most arguments for legalization. Seems to me we could lean pro-freedom and save tons of tax dollars and collect a few new ones.

Yes, there are plenty of arguments for legalizing it that, in my opinion, have merit. But "legalize it because it's dangerous when people break the law" isn't one I would consider valid.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    giphy.gif

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So, if it’s legalized, will there still be people who call marijuana smokers ‘potheads’?
    That is so passé, no?
    As far as the dangers of weed, well...what exactly are the dangers of smoking weed? Besides the dangers associated with whatever might happen once law enforcement arrives I mean.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Unless you used to partake in the taboo, I suppose.

What I did in my past has very little reliance to why my principled belief says that it is stupid to fight against freedom when it relates to something so benign and potentially beneficial. The only thing my experiences bring to the table is I know first hand that the propaganda machine of our childhood, parents childhood, and in some cases grandparents childhood lied to us about marijuana. But there are hundreds of thousands of contributing members of society nationwide that partook at one point in their lives who could attest to the illegitimacy of the McGruff the Crime Dog’s propaganda concerning Marijuana.

The only difference is I was willing to cop to it.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    What I did in my past has very little reliance to why my principled belief says that it is stupid to fight against freedom when it relates to something so benign and potentially beneficial. The only thing my experiences bring to the table is I know first hand that the propaganda machine of our childhood, parents childhood, and in some cases grandparents childhood lied to us about marijuana. But there are hundreds of thousands of contributing members of society nationwide that partook at one point in their lives who could attest to the illegitimacy of the McGruff the Crime Dog’s propaganda concerning Marijuana.

The only difference is I was willing to cop to it.

I disagree.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    No what account? You don’t think I have principles or that there are many many more who know McGruff was a lier?

Uh, that’s lyre...

:mamoru:

But seriously, I get you on your previous post and yes, I know that to be factual. Reefer Madness bruh.
    Just like the fed finally saw what a mistake it was to prohibit alcohol, they should see that keeping weed illegal is not helping anyone but the prison system. And it trickles down all the way to law enforcement after that, which is not always a win. Truth be known, there are plenty of other drugs that can keep all that funded just fine without weed being involved. They’d also save quite a few lives but we know that means nothing. I’m not saying the US should turn into Amsterdam over night, but we dang well could take a few lessons from the way they manage a never ending problem that’s only as big as we make it.

Oh, and it’s liar, before the odorless fecal crowd corrects me.

Last edited:

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    All of above BS just makes me wish I had screenshot the original thread before 340demon deleted it.....

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom