Where did it go?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    What happened to the pro weed thread?

I’m all for it weed has been the object of a smear campaign for years. Most of what they used to tell us about it was cooked up lies. And while I don’t partake and will likely never smoke it again if it becomes legal I would likely partake with the same level of caution I give to my favorite bourbon.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Girl Scout sells outside dispensary

LITTLETON, Colo. - Colorado Girl Scouts can sell cookies at pot shops. Girl Scouts of Colorado lifted its ban on adult-oriented businesses.

*We have a lot of people that are coming by and cash, so it's a good thing," Mark Akins, the dad of a Girl Scout, said.

Places like pot shops and breweries fall under what the Girl Scouts call adult-oriented businesses. Adult-oriented businesses used to be banned as cookie sale spots, now the ban is lifted.

Anne Marie Harper with Girl Scouts of Colorado said, "We received an overwhelming number of requests from girls, from parents and local breweries that wanted to support girls, to allow girls to come into their businesses and set up booths. Once we opened the door to breweries, the rest followed."

Days into the new setup, and one Girl Scout says the sales are better than what they experience at grocery stores.

*We’re selling here because this is where people are coming. so we’re not saying this is good or bad, it’s just this is where people are at, and this is where we’re selling," Akins said.

https://kdvr.com/2019/02/05/girl-scout-sells-outside-dispensary/

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Oh.... I was expecting someone needing a spring and detent..
    Carry on. Weed is good. Eat your weedies.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    A bunch of pro weed comments on a gun forum, just the image you would want to help gun rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    A bunch of pro weed comments on a gun forum, just the image you would want to help gun rights.

d459dcb9-ab9b-4628-905f-776f1b20a46d_text.gif

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

Hey I can walk and chew gum. I’m for freedom. By the way the original thread got deleted as I was about to comment, which I think was intended to be more about the legalization of it, and how it should be taxed in accordance to its intended use. Medical vs recreational.

Pot ain’t the boogeyman they told you it was when ‘McGruff the Crime Dog’ came to your school.

To borrow a line from the worst president in history, the science is settled. It’s safer than most ‘mental health’ proscriptions. It has been studied to be effective treatment for dozens of ailments.

Its long term effects are safer than alcohol it goes without saying, but tobacco as well. Yes it contains a psychotropic which means in extreme exposure to THC hallucinations may occur but you literally cannot consume enough through inhalation to hallucinate nor OD for that matter.

Also the criminalization of drugs is a major factor as to how we have gotten to this place of dangerous thugs roaming the streets. But for those thugs maybe just maybe there would not have been as big a problem with dangerous criminals trying to gain access to guns, and there never would have been a use for the NICS program. Maybe.

Organized crime in this country stems from one prohibition or another, maybe we should learn from history set some things right and not repeat this idiotic behavior with guns.

See if if you give me time it all relates.:dogkeke:

Last edited:

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Get yourself a weed prescription, then try to purchase a gun. It might be legal in the state, but it is still a Federal crime. If you don't check the drug box on your 4473, then you are lying on a Federal form, and have just committed a felony. I smoked it when I was young, and since I travel to most of the states where it is legal, I have been tempted to try it again, but I do contract work for the DOJ, DHS, USSS, DOE and other alphabet agencies, and a pop **** quiz could cost me my job. Not worth it.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Get yourself a weed prescription, then try to purchase a gun. It might be legal in the state, but it is still a Federal crime. If you don't check the drug box on your 4473, then you are lying on a Federal form, and have just committed a felony. I smoked it when I was young, and since I travel to most of the states where it is legal, I have been tempted to try it again, but I do contract work for the DOJ, DHS, USSS, DOE and other alphabet agencies, and a pop **** quiz could cost me my job. Not worth it.

Those are the same reasons I don’t partake. I’m not worried about getting busted with it or in the act. If I was smart enough to get away with it when I was a dumbass kid I’m sure I could now as well. It’s the **** tests and the fact it’s still a criminal act which would affect my rights.

The fact it was ever federally criminalized is a travesty. It was as foolish and caused more damage to our society than the 18th amendment. Oddly enough we didn’t learn the lesson.

You just drove my point home for me and I didn’t take it and run with it as I should have.

Yes the use of a demonized substance that is being used to treat cancer patients all over this country disqualifies you from exercising a constitutionally protected right. What if we made a law that all Tulane Alumni (had to pick on someone) were banned from exercising their first amendment right because Tulane is a scary evil place and they indoctrinates it’s students (pretty sure that ain’t true but it’s a amusing ‘what if’ for a USM Alumni).

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Those are the same reasons I don’t partake. I’m not worried about getting busted with it or in the act. If I was smart enough to get away with it when I was a dumbass kid I’m sure I could now as well. It’s the **** tests and the fact it’s still a criminal act which would affect my rights.

The fact it was ever federally criminalized is a travesty. It was as foolish and caused more damage to our society than the 18th amendment. Oddly enough we didn’t learn the lesson.

At the end of the day...Its all about the money,Who's raking in the tax cash and profits!!!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    What happened to the pro weed thread?

I’m all for it weed has been the object of a smear campaign for years. Most of what they used to tell us about it was cooked up lies. And while I don’t partake and will likely never smoke it again if it becomes legal I would likely partake with the same level of caution I give to my favorite bourbon.

So how many 4473's have you lied on?

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    At the end of the day...Its all about the money,Who's raking in the tax cash and profits!!!

Agreed! Greed is the motive, the devastating results of the greed is what needs to be brought to the fore front of this conversation.

And some could say could everyone just not use pot? To that I say could you just not enjoy alcohol, coffee, bacon? Couldn’t you just have the doctor give you something less effective and more dangerous than the perceptions you are currently taking?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So how many 4473's have you lied on?

e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
    Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or
    decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

"Are" means currently. "Are" does not cover behavior in the past. Or is there some other section of the form where you believe past marijuana use would be relevant?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
    Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or
    decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

"Are" means currently. "Are" does not cover behavior in the past. Or is there some other section of the form where you believe past marijuana use would be relevant?

Define past.

30 years ago or last week?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom