Where did it go?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Rule 8?

BTW I am by no means advocating the removal of jhal23. He has for the most part been quite polite. I’m just making a couple points.
    1. One it’s too easy to become a felon
    2. Don’t suggest someone else is a felon while committing a felony as ridiculous as it may be.

I understand the points you are trying to make. My position as a moderator for this site is still the same.

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    I’m pretty sure I argued for a similar position and the user in question had an opinion that appeared different from yours.

Look I’m having fun here, playing white devils advocate (we miss you John Walton) please no one mistake that.

Yes sir, I believe you did in relation to the pot or alcohol.

I’ve had quite a good time reading this thread. It’s been good-natured overall and I think everyone sees that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Yes sir, I believe you did in relation to the pot or alcohol.

I’ve had quite a good time reading this thread. It’s been good-natured overall and I think everyone sees that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well he inferred that I may have lied on some 4473’s even after I pointed out there was significant time between my illicit use of marijuana and me developing an addiction to firearms. I don’t recall if he agreed to the once a pot head always theory but I feel confident in saying that was his position.

I enjoy the back and forth and censor myself so I don’t inadvertently offend because I believe civil discourse is a major link missing for our society as a whole and don’t want to be that guy.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I agree with why it is Schedule 1. It has no medicinal value.

Ok so none of the studies or anecdotal evidence on epilepsy, cancer/cancer treatment symptoms, or chronic (puns what can you do) pain are of any consequence to you? Does it not bother you that it’s legal to take opioids if you have a valid prescription which are way more dangerous and addictive than marijuana?

Even if it had no medicinal value why do you feel it should be illegal? Is it any more dangerous than using tobacco products or consuming alcohol?

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Been smoking cigarettes for over 50 years, never got pulled over for 'smoking while driving'

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Been smoking cigarettes for over 50 years, never got pulled over for 'smoking while driving'
    Since my mentioned it:

At 50 years of smoking there’s a higher probability you have cancer, COPD, or emphysema. Additionally it contributes to heart disease, tooth decay, and stroke. Your second hand smoke may have contributed to juvenile asthma, ear and respiratory infections, SIDs to name a few from the CDC.

And I’ll stand for your right to keep smoking as long as you desire because you have a right to do to your body what you choose.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

I think your Grandfathered in,Which means your smoking precedes any new laws written today....

Kinda like trying to enforce a seat-belt law for an auto or truck made in the 60's with no seat-belts,Blows a LEO's mind when they realize that you can't be fined for something that never existed to begin with....hahaha

They can however bust you for flicking dem butts out da window !!!

Last edited:

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Since my mentioned it:

At 50 years of smoking there’s a higher probability you have cancer, COPD, or emphysema. Additionally it contributes to heart disease, tooth decay, and stroke. Your second hand smoke may have contributed to juvenile asthma, ear and respiratory infections, SIDs to name a few from the CDC.

And I’ll stand for your right to keep smoking as long as you desire because you have a right to do to your body what you choose.

So, you are trying to say that smoking mariquana does not cause any of these things? I do have COPD...

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    I think your Grandfathered in,Which means your smoking precedes and new laws written today....

Kinda like trying to enforce a seat-belt law for an auto or truck made in the 60's with no seat-belts,Blows a LEO's mind when they realize that you can't be fined for something that never existed to begin with....hahaha

They can however bust you for flicking dem butts out da window !!!

You right Gator, once stopped for not wearing seatbelts in 1967 el Camino, didn't have any, also stopped for flicking a cig while riding my M/C, told cop M/C didn't have ashtray, he let me go...

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    So, you are trying to say that smoking mariquana does not cause any of these things? I do have COPD...

No definitely not hydrocarbons are hydrocarbons. The amount of smoke inhaled is substantially less but it’s not filtered and that wasn’t my point. Additionally if you look at (I believe) my first post I would likely never ‘smoke’ marijuana again even if it’s de-scheduled, however there are many ways to indulge without burning it.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Ok so none of the studies or anecdotal evidence on epilepsy, cancer/cancer treatment symptoms, or chronic (puns what can you do) pain are of any consequence to you? Does it not bother you that it’s legal to take opioids if you have a valid prescription which are way more dangerous and addictive than marijuana?

Even if it had no medicinal value why do you feel it should be illegal? Is it any more dangerous than using tobacco products or consuming alcohol?

Anecdotal evidence is just that... anecdotal.

If there are studies that prove it has medicinal value, you have to ask why the DEA deems it does not have medicinal value.

Does it bother me that it's legal to take opioids with a valid prescription? No.

If it has no medicinal value, then I don't see much reason to legalize it for recreational use.

Is it any more dangerous than consuming alcohol? Possibly.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

I know a guy who once took a little toot of that stuff, Drove home on his lawnmower ( think Bobby Boucha here) looked for his car keys for 30 minutes all over the house and garage.....He found them 30 minutes later in his shirt pocket he was wearing....lol

He's like Hell...all that stuff does is affect your memory...Fin

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Anecdotal evidence is just that... anecdotal.

Yep

If there are studies that prove it has medicinal value, you have to ask why the DEA deems it does not have medicinal value.

There are tons of studies. Why does the ATF still require a tax stamp on an sbr, even though they are proven to be less effective than long barrels, and AR pistols can accomplish the same goals as an AR SBR?

Does it bother me that it's legal to take opioids with a valid prescription? No.

Why opioids have become one of the most abused prescriptions in the history of modern medicine. They are far more addictive and every time you take one it’s effectiveness decreases. Surely if you have a moral aversion to marijuana you might should have one to opioids.

If it has no medicinal value, then I don't see much reason to legalize it for recreational use.

Does everything need medicinal uses to be legal? Marijuana is not the boogie man they make it.

Is it any more dangerous than consuming alcohol? Possibly.

That’s certainly debatable. Has California or Colorado had an increase in traffic fatalities associated with Marijuana? I really do know. I have a pretty good guess.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I know a guy who once took a little toot of that stuff, Drove home on his lawnmower ( think Bobby Boucha here) looked for his car keys for 30 minutes all over the house and garage.....He found them 30 minutes later in his shirt pocket he was wearing....lol

He's like Hell...all that stuff does is affect your memory...Fin

Was this guy using other substances in addition to marijuana. I’ve got some funny stories from college but they usually include other substances and alcohol was usually the catalyst for most of them.

Also,
    On that 70’s Show they inferred it would cause you to hallucinate with the wallpaper moving in the background but that was some bs too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom