Where did it go?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Define past.

30 years ago or last week?

He quoted you question e. It doesn’t say have, will, or were. The form of ‘be’ used is are. So if you don’t use then you aren’t a user. I don’t think they specified the length of time prior to purchase that you would have to not be a user but I imagine a basic urinalysis would suffice as a legal defense.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    file-20180112-101514-1knb8dw.jpg

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Quite offensive sir. Bad form.

It follows the same logic. It was not directed at you.

If you used to do bad things and can get arrested for bad things years later, why would it be okay to get a pass on another "bad thing" that someone used to do, but doesn't do anymore?

I suppose the answer would be that you weren't caught doing "bad things," so it gets swept under the rug.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    "I used to do drugs. I still do, but I used to too." - Mitch Hedburg

Along the same train of thought...

Are you a child molester if you stopped molesting children?

In your quote, the person's behavior can be characterized, by his own words, as past and present. So he is stipulating to being a user of a narcotic drug. His past behavior is consistent with his current pattern of behavior. In this case, the time frame for his past behavior is irrelevant as his current behavior removes any ambiguity and disqualifies him from purchasing a firearm.

As far as your "same train of thought," I would suggest the behavior of molesting a child and the behavior of smoking marijuana are too different for one to act as a surrogate for the other.

One is a felony and crime against the person that carries a sentence of not less than twenty-five years nor more than ninety-nine years. This is a crime of violence and, if convicted, the person would be barred from owning a firearm in Louisiana. If the person has not been convicted, his behavior could easily be argued to be considered current for 30 years from the date the victim turned eighteen, at least in Louisiana.

The other is a misdemeanor where there is no person as a victim. The victim in that case is the State of Louisiana. The sentence is not more than three hundred dollars, imprisoned in the parish jail for not more than fifteen days, or both. Any use longer than 2 years ago should certainly be considered as not current behavior.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you used to do bad things and can get arrested for bad things years later, why would it be okay to get a pass on another "bad thing" that someone used to do, but doesn't do anymore?

Even though it's not an arrestable offense, let's say someone does bad things on this board and gets banned. Is there any length of time where his behavior should be considered past behavior? Or should we always view what happened before as current behavior?

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    It follows the same logic. It was not directed at you.

I suppose the answer would be that you weren't caught doing "bad things," so it gets swept under the rug.

I used to be an ******* who would punch people in the mouth for comparing me to a child rapist. At some point I matured and stop taking myself so seriously. We can recognize that I didn’t nor do I intend on punching you in the mouth although that was once my go to move.

Seeing as how my past weed smoke didn’t directly victimize anyone, I would say there would be no victim to press charges. Additionally weed while still illegal in many places is being decriminalized in personal use scenarios. While I don’t keep up with that information I know there are a few cities in both LA and my home state MS who issue citations often even less.

Again if you review Form 4473 Question E it uses a present tense verb. If you are insinuating once a pothead always. It doesn’t ask for information concerning me as a noun.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I used to be an ******* who would punch people in the mouth for comparing me to a child rapist. At some point I matured and stop taking myself so seriously. We can recognize that I didn’t nor do I intend on punching you in the mouth although that was once my go to move.

Seeing as how my past weed smoke didn’t directly victimize anyone, I would say there would be no victim to press charges. Additionally weed while still illegal in many places is being decriminalized in personal use scenarios. While I don’t keep up with that information I know there are a few cities in both LA and my home state MS who issue citations often even less.

Again if you review Form 4473 Question E it uses a present tense verb. If you are insinuating once a pothead always. It doesn’t ask for information concerning me as a noun.

I'll be your huckleberry.

In all seriousness, I didn't compare YOU to anything. I asked a question.

If marijuana were legalized at a Federal level, this would be a moot discussion.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

Lol. I’m too old for fisticuffs especially when not entirely necessary. Even winning hurts these days.

No just a behavior I partook in, and admittedly would likely participate in again (in one form or another) once legal barriers are out of the way.

If marijuana were legalized at a Federal level, this would be a moot discussion.

Agreed.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Lol. I’m too old for fisticuffs especially when not entirely necessary. Even winning hurts these days.

No just a behavior I partook in, and admittedly would likely participate in again (in one form or another) once legal barriers are out of the way.

Agreed.

Well that sucks. I was hoping for a bayoushooter boxing event. Maybe we can do OC vs CC as a fund raiser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Well that sucks. I was hoping for a bayoushooter boxing event. Maybe we can do OC vs CC as a fund raiser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Would probably have to grab a contender who wears a gun for a living you want OC to have a fighting chance. I know I know puns are the lowest form of comedy.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    All of the above is a long ways from me calling out 340 Demon for posting while useing 'something'

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Not to jump in on this but is there anyone else here who feels right at home asking people, strangers really, about their habits and also to incriminate themselves on an open forum? And do you really expect an answer when you do? Cuz dammit man...

Interesting times. We got a handful of states legalizing for medical use and even walk right in and grab you a recreational hooter states as well. This is sparking a lot of new conversations and scenarios. I work in the medical field and just like any other field or class of people, you’re gonna have those who partake. Yes, all walks of life from top to bottom. I’m certain we’ve even had a POTUS or four who played with Mary Jane while in office. Which leaves one to wonder where it’s gonna go from here. Can we expect punitive measures for taking part in a legal activity? Like some of the financial institutions shutting off credit to gun manufacturers or retail sales, even tho Joe Bob Outfitters follows the laws while conducting business, of it doesn’t agree with Bank of America’s agenda they refuse to offer their services. Because they’re not some little bakery refusing to bake a cake for a gay wedding, nobody bats an eye. Damage done.
    What of employers? Yes they can make up rules for employment as they go, at least here in Louisiana.
    Policy says illegal substance use is grounds for dismissal. What if the employee was legally using while on his/her time? Hmm..
    What’s the fed gonna do if the majority of states wise up to the revenue potential of legalization, as well as all the tax money saved in law enforcement, court, etc. Say within the next decade we wind up with over half of the fifty states legalizing weed, what then? Civil war? (LMAO!)
    Seriously though, many points to ponder.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    He did. Which also brings up the point, again, that a pro-illegal narcotic thread isn't the best for the gun community...

Shoot man,Every forum I know of the subjects been brought up, Legal in 33,Recreational in 11...Another commie plot,Keep em stoned as the world goes by.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom