Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by swampfoxx View Post
    Get yourself a weed prescription, then try to purchase a gun. It might be legal in the state, but it is still a Federal crime. If you don't check the drug box on your 4473, then you are lying on a Federal form, and have just committed a felony. I smoked it when I was young, and since I travel to most of the states where it is legal, I have been tempted to try it again, but I do contract work for the DOJ, DHS, USSS, DOE and other alphabet agencies, and a pop piss quiz could cost me my job. Not worth it.
    Those are the same reasons I don’t partake. I’m not worried about getting busted with it or in the act. If I was smart enough to get away with it when I was a dumbass kid I’m sure I could now as well. It’s the piss tests and the fact it’s still a criminal act which would affect my rights.

The fact it was ever federally criminalized is a travesty. It was as foolish and caused more damage to our society than the 18th amendment. Oddly enough we didn’t learn the lesson.

You just drove my point home for me and I didn’t take it and run with it as I should have.

Yes the use of a demonized substance that is being used to treat cancer patients all over this country disqualifies you from exercising a constitutionally protected right. What if we made a law that all Tulane Alumni (had to pick on someone) were banned from exercising their first amendment right because Tulane is a scary evil place and they indoctrinates it’s students (pretty sure that ain’t true but it’s a amusing ‘what if’ for a USM Alumni).
    Last edited by Bangswitch; September 12th, 2019 at 10:00 AM.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    A bunch of pro weed comments on a gun forum, just the image you would want to help gun rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I'm with ya Brother,It has to be true or .gov wouldn't have made a film about the stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbjHOBJzhb0
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    Those are the same reasons I don’t partake. I’m not worried about getting busted with it or in the act. If I was smart enough to get away with it when I was a dumbass kid I’m sure I could now as well. It’s the piss tests and the fact it’s still a criminal act which would affect my rights.

The fact it was ever federally criminalized is a travesty. It was as foolish and caused more damage to our society than the 18th amendment. Oddly enough we didn’t learn the lesson.
    At the end of the day...Its all about the money,Who's raking in the tax cash and profits!!!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    What happened to the pro weed thread?

Iím all for it weed has been the object of a smear campaign for years. Most of what they used to tell us about it was cooked up lies. And while I donít partake and will likely never smoke it again if it becomes legal I would likely partake with the same level of caution I give to my favorite bourbon.
    So how many 4473's have you lied on?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    At the end of the day...Its all about the money,Who's raking in the tax cash and profits!!!
    Agreed! Greed is the motive, the devastating results of the greed is what needs to be brought to the fore front of this conversation.

And some could say could everyone just not use pot? To that I say could you just not enjoy alcohol, coffee, bacon? Couldn’t you just have the doctor give you something less effective and more dangerous than the perceptions you are currently taking?

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jhal23 View Post
    e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
    Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or
    decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

"Are" means currently. "Are" does not cover behavior in the past. Or is there some other section of the form where you believe past marijuana use would be relevant?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jhal23 View Post
    I’ve never had to lie. I stopped smoking before I started buying guns.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I'm with ya Brother,It has to be true or .gov wouldn't have made a film about the stuff

So, judging from this video, marijuana turns you into a democrat. Boy, I'm glad I don't do that.

Marksman

User Info Menu

On Target

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    e. Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance?
    Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or
    decriminalized for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.

"Are" means currently. "Are" does not cover behavior in the past. Or is there some other section of the form where you believe past marijuana use would be relevant?
    Define past.

30 years ago or last week?