Where did it go?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    Surely you must have misunderstood. I mean our federal government would never weaponize the legal system to grow its own power. That doesn’t sound like any government in the history of man. Surely you have misunderstood.

:dogkeke:

Probably. Didn’t read the whole 60-post thread. Just the few posts above which popped up on the Tapatalk without sitting on my crap phone for 5 minutes while the rest of the thread loaded...

Yeah, no business in history weaponizes law to grow itself. Because let’s face it, the fed more often than not acts more like a business than a social administration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Probably. Didn’t read the whole 60-post thread. Just the few posts above which popped up on the Tapatalk without sitting on my crap phone for 5 minutes while the rest of the thread loaded...

Yeah, no business in history weaponizes law to grow itself. Because let’s face it, the fed more often than not acts more like a business than a social administration.

Lol, surely they would never do it again. Right?

Cough...
    gun control
    hate speech
    ban vaping
    Global warming

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    What is debatable about ‘I think it’s stupid for weed to be illegal. Legalize it, so people who would rather use marijuana instead of opioids can without being criminals, or people could enjoy a little toke and not have to worry about doing something illegal.’

So how exactly is that advocating for illegal activity?

If weed were legalized in Louisiana and you obtained marijuana, you would be ineligible to purchase firearms.

I don't mind if it's legal, but I do mind if potheads think they can buy all the weed they want and still buy guns.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    That's debatable.

If weed were legalized in Louisiana and you obtained marijuana, you would be ineligible to purchase firearms.

I don't mind if it's legal, but I do mind if potheads think they can buy all the weed they want and still buy guns.

I never said only make it legal in any one given state. I think it needs to be declassified from a schedule 1 and be handled like cigarettes or alcohol. I’m not wild about giving the ATF control over something else that interest me but we should have some safeguards.

So how do you feel about raging drunks buying all the guns they want? Which is more dangerous a burned-out pothead or a raging alcoholic?

Have you ever gone hands on with either?

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I never said only make it legal in any one given state. I think it needs to be declassified from a schedule 1 and be handled like cigarettes or alcohol. I’m not wild about giving the ATF control over something else that interest me but we should have some safeguards.

So how do you feel about raging drunks buying all the guns they want? Which is more dangerous a burned-out pothead or a raging alcoholic?

Have you ever gone hands on with either?

I dislike alcoholics just like I dislike potheads.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad you agree

I agree to agree that everything is debatable.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    He did. Which also brings up the point, again, that a pro-illegal narcotic thread isn't the best for the gun community...

Wait quick question. You were banned once before?

Im pretty sure creating a new alias on a social media platform is a felony. I posted a link last week about dumb crimes that are felonies. And that actually was one of them. I’ll see if I can relocate the article.

Found it:

Take a peak at number 7.

https://www.maxim.com/.amp/not_migrating/7-felonies-youve-probably-committed-your-lifetime

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    BTW RS 14:95 doesn’t make it illegal to possess a gun while in possession of less than 14 grams of marijuana. So currently if you have less than 14 grams no felony has occurred, and if Louisiana legalized marijuana it would only be illegal to fill out a 4473 or possibly have more than 14 grams.

I’m not a lawyer or a judge so I could be wrong. It’s happened before and I’m sure it will again.

The thing I find interesting is that even while is been illegal for years there are carve-outs all throughout the legal system for marijuana.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Wait quick question. You were banned once before?

Im pretty sure creating a new alias on a social media platform is a felony. I posted a link last week about dumb crimes that are felonies. And that actually was one of them. I’ll see if I can relocate the article.

Creating a new alias is not a felony. What's mentioned on the page you linked to is violating the terms and conditions of a website. He's not violating the terms and conditions of this site. At least not yet.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    How do you feel about responsible people enjoy adult beverages. Or should we ban Alcohol?

Ok next let’s debate if the sun is hot.

Hot compared to what? I'm sure there are other stars that burn hotter.

Well that was easy. The sun isn't hot at all. Not in comparison to this:

"A CERN experiment at the Large Hadron Collider created the highest recorded temperature ever when it reached 5.2 trillion degrees celsius or 9.9 trillion degrees Fahrenheit. The experiment was meant to make a primordial goop called a quark–gluon plasma behave like a frictionless fluid"

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Hot compared to what? I'm sure there are other stars that burn hotter.

Well that was easy. The sun isn't hot at all. Not in comparison to this:

"A CERN experiment at the Large Hadron Collider created the highest recorded temperature ever when it reached 5.2 trillion degrees celsius or 9.9 trillion degrees Fahrenheit. The experiment was meant to make a primordial goop called a quark–gluon plasma behave like a frictionless fluid"

Well done sir well done.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I'm going to stand by my statement that he's not violating the terms and conditions of this site.
    Rule 8?

BTW I am by no means advocating the removal of jhal23. He has for the most part been quite polite. I’m just making a couple points.
    1. One it’s too easy to become a felon
    2. Don’t suggest someone else is a felon while committing a felony as ridiculous as it may be.

Last edited:

snipehunter7

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 31, 2016
    Franklinton, LA
    Other than the current infraction (this is obviously debatable) of creating a new user name, maybe he’s reformed and no longer participates in the bad behavior for which he was previously banned.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Other than the current infraction (this is obviously debatable) of creating a new user name, maybe he’s reformed and no longer participates in the bad behavior for which he was previously banned.

I’m pretty sure I argued for a similar position and the user in question had an opinion that appeared different from yours.

Look I’m having fun here, playing white devils advocate (we miss you John Walton) please no one mistake that.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom