Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Shows

Marksman

User Info Menu

At the last show I attended I overheard a man trying to trade his white privilege for a black rifle. Not sure if he was successful.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrummer View Post
    At the last show I attended I overheard a man trying to trade his white privilege for a black rifle. Not sure if he was successful.
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

tacklebox

User Info Menu

I remember when pretty much everything at the gun show was bottom line priced.

Now they try to jack up the price 10-15%
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself.
    ... the very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good"

-George Washington

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N4sir View Post

Is it me or do they just not advertise gun shows like they used to???
    They definitely do not advertise like get used to. Dang I miss Heather telling me sure as shooting she’d probably see me there...
    Anybody remember Heather?

I don’t think I’ve been to a gun show this century.
    Last edited by Magdump; September 18th, 2019 at 07:22 PM.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it———
    Bangswitch

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I go to one or two gun shows per year, mostly because I know it pisses off the Clintons and Beto.

That said, I see less and less of interest. For modern guns I can usually do better online, and the selection of interesting old guns seems to thin as more collectors turn to sites like GunBroker.

Used to be that you could go to a gun show and find dealers selling neat old police duty guns, all sorts of antiques, etc. Not anymore.

Of course, I can still rely on someone selling beef jerky at a gun show. Some things never change.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Long live the 10mm

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by xobelkcat View Post
    I remember when pretty much everything at the gun show was bottom line priced.

Now they try to jack up the price 10-15%
    So True xobelkcat...so true. I stopped going to them for this reason. I understand making a profit, but I can find deals on bayoushooter.com without the cover charge...

I miss the L&S Ammo both and fairly priced new/used firearms from multiple vendors.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Magdump View Post
    They definitely do not advertise like get used to. Dang I miss Heather telling me sure as shooting she’d probably see me there...
    Anybody remember Heather?

I don’t think I’ve been to a gun show this century.
    This Heather?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrYRVEtsU-A
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    I member Heather.

I agree, with the rise of the internet, gun shows are not as relevant as they once were. Prices and selection are much better online, so there's no real reason to go to a gun show anymore unless it's just to window shop. I can't recall the last time I went to one.

crusty old bastard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    This is coming up...If you like Chinese knock-off stuff and roasted nuts?

The better one will be on the last weekend of this month in Carencro

C.A.P. Gun & Knife Show
    Lafayette, LA
    DISTRICT EVENT CENTER
    4607 Johnston St.
    Next to The District and across from Courtesy GMC

September 21 & 22, 2019
    Saturday 9 AM – 5 PM
    Sunday 10 AM – 4 PM

Guns . Knives . Holsters . Ammunition
    Magazines . Military Items . Camouflage
    Where is the Carencro show? Went to the last CAPshow and was decidedly under whelmed. Had a new unfired MkIII RUger to sell and The offers were positively insulting.
    Stay thirsty my friends

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUNLAWYER View Post
    Where is the Carencro show? Went to the last CAPshow and was decidedly under whelmed. Had a new unfired MkIII RUger to sell and The offers were positively insulting.
    The old Ice Gators arena,Now known as the Carencro sports complex,It's on the west frontage rd off I-49,between Gloria switch and Carencro exits.
    Last edited by Gator 45/70; September 21st, 2019 at 09:13 AM.