New KelTec P-17 pistol .22LR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Just like anything Keltec. We will see 1 or 2 from the distributor when they are finally released into the wild and then they will disappear for a year. We have inly seen one CP33 since its release for example.

Im curious to see one myself just like most people. The distributors have them listed but N/A of course. I will post up if we get one with some pics.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Just like anything Keltec. We will see 1 or 2 from the distributor when they are finally released into the wild and then they will disappear for a year. We have inly seen one CP33 since its release for example.

Im curious to see one myself just like most people. The distributors have them listed but N/A of course. I will post up if we get one with some pics.
    If you find where I can preorder two please lemme know.
    I thought the CP33 was a nice concept but seemed like an overbuilt cumbersome pistol. If KelTec could pull off a .22LR version of their PMR30 they would look like they have it together.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’m thinking we will see the price go up immediately from that suggested retail of $200 but I’m hoping to get at least 2 at that price.

Or 10 maybe..
    Kel-Tec stuff tends to do that.
    I got a few Bearcats just above the $300 mark when they first hit the market and they jumped right up to the $500 mark pretty quick.

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    This applies to greater majority of Keltec's newer design releases:

-Gun broker will have them at 50% over msrp "Im a hotboi, get it first, look at this new keltec" price and sell them for a while.

-The first batch will have bugs that need to be worked out to run reliably.

-After the aforementioned passes the market will see small production runs here and there for a couple years and some slight feature changes/upgrades.

-They will be offered in approx 27 different colors also so you will take the first that you get because you waited so long, even if you hate it

If you don't believe me on this subject flip through the interweb pages over on KTOG. Not bashing btw..I do own a keltec or 2. Its just a byproduct of innovative affordable design.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    This applies to greater majority of Keltec's newer design releases:

-Gun broker will have them at 50% over msrp "Im a hotboi, get it first, look at this new keltec" price and sell them for a while.

-The first batch will have bugs that need to be worked out to run reliably.

-After the aforementioned passes the market will see small production runs here and there for a couple years and some slight feature changes/upgrades.

-They will be offered in approx 27 different colors also so you will take the first that you get because you waited so long, even if you hate it

If you don't believe me on this subject flip through the interweb pages over on KTOG. Not bashing btw..I do own a keltec or 2. Its just a byproduct of innovative affordable design.
    Just a tad cynical, but I hear ya. They’ve caused quite a stir with some of their offerings.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    That would be great for my backpack... usually I carry my shield. It'd be nice to be able to pop a snake or maybe a rabbit for dinner... quietly with a cb cap, etc.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    That would be great for my backpack... usually I carry my shield. It'd be nice to be able to pop a snake or maybe a rabbit for dinner... quietly with a cb cap, etc.

No doubt. I’m curious about the recessed threads on the barrel as far as it making a decent suppressor host, now that you mention the ‘quietly’ part. I’m thinking there’s gonna be a threaded barrel extension to purchase.

MrSmitty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2012
    Jeffersonville, In
    I'm a KT fanboy, have had a few over the years, they're cheap, but work, never had a FTF, FTE, I've had 2 P11's, 2 P32s, 1 P3at, and a Sub 2000. I want a P17 soooo bad, hell 3 16 round mags.... whats not to like?....... ahh some day!!!!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Theres a couple in the shop if you guys want to see one in person.

I’d actually like to come get one in person, but the Coronavirus....
    And how dare you post that info without a gratuitous pic! Or at the very least... THE SELLING PRICE?

Revolvergeek

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    In fairness I have never tried any of the rimfire guns. All mine were the center fire models. Several of the guys that I work with have PMR30s that they like and have good luck with but they all only load them with 25-26 rounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom