EU attempting to ban lead...again

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Something to watch. As described in the article, this looks like an obvious attempt at making firearms useless to a point. How many times has the same subject come into play here in the states (despite evidence that strongly refutes their reasoning) and has been the cause of at least one lead ban and an attempt on another (waterfowl shells and lead fishing weights)?
    Something I’ve known for certain since the 90’s, the machine that is the anti gun agenda driven group has been working several angles to limit shooting and gun ownership. I could make a list and I’m sure many here could add to it. I believe this is something to watch and another reason to buy ammo while we can. But that’s just me.

https://www.gunsweek.com/en/ammunition/articles/eu-goes-again-all-out-lead-ammunition-ban

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    Yeah, well, outdoors firing ranges are technically required to do decennial (every 10 years) lead remediation where they remove, sift, and replace the top 6” of soil from all ranges, backstops, and 1000 feet beyond. Sadly it seems to only get done when a range changes hands, on the dime of the new owner.

Almost bought a club in PA a few years back that I grew up going to. Price was reasonable, books are good, numbers make sense, VBA would’ve easily written the check for whatever grants didn’t cover (entire owners board would have been service connected disabled vets and a few of them were “guaranteed approval” categories). Lead remediation requirement killed it. Even though annual testing for the past 30 years showed no soil, surface water, or groundwater contamination (because we used to turn the ranges every year).

Club was listed for $2.5m. Wetlands (two streams) diversion, remediation, wetlands restoration, and testing on 275 of the 350 acres was gonna be at least another $5m and a year of downtime where we’d have no income. Permitting alone for the work was quoted by the state and county at almost $200k. And zoning wouldn’t even look at the applications to approve the business until AFTER the work was done - at which point they reserved the right to deny the business license and re-zone the property residential without our consent.

What was that Denis Leary skit back in the day about smoking?

“What’s the law now? You can only smoke in your bedroom, in your house, in the closet, with a blanket over your head?”

Give an inch, take a mile. Prop65 passed, this is only a matter of time now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    Something to watch. As described in the article, this looks like an obvious attempt at making firearms useless to a point. How many times has the same subject come into play here in the states (despite evidence that strongly refutes their reasoning) and has been the cause of at least one lead ban and an attempt on another (waterfowl shells and lead fishing weights)?
    Something I’ve known for certain since the 90’s, the machine that is the anti gun agenda driven group has been working several angles to limit shooting and gun ownership. I could make a list and I’m sure many here could add to it. I believe this is something to watch and another reason to buy ammo while we can. But that’s just me.

https://www.gunsweek.com/en/ammunition/articles/eu-goes-again-all-out-lead-ammunition-ban

I believe this is already in effect in California. All federal and some state wma's require steel shot for small game and birds.

Top Bottom