Concealed carry permit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grandpa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    New Orleans
    I took a concealed carry class at the Shooters Club in Harahan about 6 weeks ago. This past week, I got a certified letter in the mail from the Louisiana State police indicating my finger print cards were not of good enough quality. An enclosed letter indicated having my finger prints done at the LSP headquarters take about 4 weeks off the timeline. I elected to travel to the LSP Headquarters this past Monday. While talking to the person that did my fingerprinting, I told the young lady what I used to do for a living at that I have a long history of periodic FBI background investigations hoping that would make their job easier and shorten the timeline. She said it would have no affect and that I could expect to wait another 30 days to receive my CC permit. I was hoping to receive it before mid-October when I will be combining travel to Florida for a family wedding and some vacation time. When I am in another state with my Louisiana License plate, I feel everyone sees me as "tourist with money" and I am a vulnerable target. I received my permit yesterday. This is 5 days since being fingerprinted. So allowing 2 days for mail transport, It probably cleared the state in two days. Yipee. This is the first time I have ever experienced anything efficiently from any government agency. Kudos to the LSP Concealed Carry people.

LouisianaJoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Luling, Louisiana
    I had my fingerprints rejected when I first applied for the permit. I live in St Charles Parish and the Sheriff's office did my prints digitally. If I remember correctly, there was a $10 fee.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Good deal! LSP is usually pretty good to deal with. Except the DMV portion.

Truer words have never been spoken. Those people are terrible.

geoney

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Lake Charles
    VERY FEW gov entities are a positive. However, the crew at LSP CHP are the only gov entity I have ever seen go out of their way to help you when most would find the fatsest route to no. Great folks down there.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom