Join BayouShooter For Free
CS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Sig MPX-K 9mm SBR

This has just got more complicated than I thought it would be so I'll just keep it or find a NFA dealer that would consign it for me.
    Last edited by thperez1972; September 20th, 2019 at 02:20 PM.

User Info Menu

RE: *Not sure how to go about doing this.*

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/at...ter-9/download

Havenít personally done it before, but I believe the process is similar to buying an NFA item from a FFL dealer/store. Buyer and seller submit the appropriate ATF/NFA forms, buyer pays tax stamp, then wait several months for for the NFA Branch to do its thing. Seller retains possession of NFA item while processing; once prospective buyer approved, tax stamp will be mailed and seller can legally transfer NFA item to buyer.

PS: Nice pewpew!
    Last edited by AndyG; September 17th, 2019 at 07:37 AM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Bump...

Marksman

User Info Menu

You can also remove the stock and de-register it as an SBR by sending in the appropriate paperwork to the ATF. Simply removing the stock will not remove it from NFA registry.

tactical hangover

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sainte70 View Post
    You can also remove the stock and de-register it as an SBR by sending in the appropriate paperwork to the ATF. Simply removing the stock will not remove it from NFA registry.
    This is the fastest..

Marksman

User Info Menu

Notifying the NFA branch that a firearm is no longer an NFA item is NOT required, but recommended. Once you remove the stock, it's no longer an NFA item, it immediately becomes part of the GCA.

The easiest way is to simply remove the stock. Once it sells, send a letter to the NFA branch in case the new owner want's to SBR at a later date. Good Luck!

Marksman

User Info Menu

I no longer have the brace.

On Target

User Info Menu

If Sig sold it as a sbr you wouldn't be able to do this. You can convert a pistol into a rifle and then back into a pistol. But converting a rifle into a pistol is illegal.

On Target

User Info Menu

I have a brace, if you decided to go back to pistol form. I can trade a brace to your stock.

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

So is this a factory SBR made by sig OR a form 1 sbr that you made?
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.