NLFS: Sig MPX-K 9mm SBR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

rm2092

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Harvey, La
    This has just got more complicated than I thought it would be so I'll just keep it or find a NFA dealer that would consign it for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyG

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 3, 2019
    Lafayette, LA
    RE: *Not sure how to go about doing this.*

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/atf-national-firearms-act-handbook-chapter-9/download

Haven’t personally done it before, but I believe the process is similar to buying an NFA item from a FFL dealer/store. Buyer and seller submit the appropriate ATF/NFA forms, buyer pays tax stamp, then wait several months for for the NFA Branch to do its thing. Seller retains possession of NFA item while processing; once prospective buyer approved, tax stamp will be mailed and seller can legally transfer NFA item to buyer.

PS: Nice pewpew!

Last edited:

Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    You can also remove the stock and de-register it as an SBR by sending in the appropriate paperwork to the ATF. Simply removing the stock will not remove it from NFA registry.

extra300

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Metairie
    You can also remove the stock and de-register it as an SBR by sending in the appropriate paperwork to the ATF. Simply removing the stock will not remove it from NFA registry.

Notifying the NFA branch that a firearm is no longer an NFA item is NOT required, but recommended. Once you remove the stock, it's no longer an NFA item, it immediately becomes part of the GCA.

The easiest way is to simply remove the stock. Once it sells, send a letter to the NFA branch in case the new owner want's to SBR at a later date. Good Luck!

andysteb

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 27, 2017
    Hahnville, la

If Sig sold it as a sbr you wouldn't be able to do this. You can convert a pistol into a rifle and then back into a pistol. But converting a rifle into a pistol is illegal.

rm2092

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Harvey, La
    Well it seems some have complained about my post. This sale would ONLY be done threw a NFA Dealer only.

Last edited:

rm2092

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Harvey, La
    You are correct I would NEVER just hand it over with ever going threw a dealer in this one, thanks for pointing it out for me.

rm2092

Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 14, 2008
    Harvey, La
    This has just got more complicated than I thought it would be so I'll just keep it or find a NFA dealer that would consign it for me.

Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    Call Kenny over at MEPLAT (May'plah) Group in Metairie. I am not sure if he does consignment but he is an NFA dealer/lawyer. Real nice guy and real knowledgeable.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom